Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307332 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #465 on: March 17, 2007, 02:36 AM »
I agree with Anton...

Call me a skeptic, but I think that was a slight bit of hogwash on Hasbro's part to make sure people are "clamoring" for them.

Consider this...  2004 was 3 lines of VOTC.  2007 is 1 line of VTAC.  I think they will produce PLENTY of these for everyone.  Just maybe not in the skads they produced for VTOC in 2006, which was pretty absurd in numbers when you look at it.  VTOC was hardly difficult to find though, and a lot of what was hard to find, was hard to find because the first wave screwed the second wave.

I think what we're seeing is Hasbro's attempt at early buzz, ala the R2-Potatoo figure, so they don't linger TOO much.  With all the rethinking of the due date for the Lucas Trooper figure, it's pretty obvious Hasbro was aware that way too many vintage figures were imade last year and in the pipes for a very long time.  Good for us since they clearance a lot of places, bad for them and retail.

I'm not concerned and I think we'll see something like a fairly minimal difference in production numbers.  Big maybe on paper, but in terms of demand for a $10 figure it'll come to nothing we'd notice much, just less clearance sales.

I can already see the people freaking out over this...  People who don't know much better about ploys like that, scalpers, etc.  ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #466 on: March 17, 2007, 02:59 AM »
I'm just glad nobody else asked about Force Unleashed this week. . .   :-X
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #467 on: March 17, 2007, 03:06 AM »
Yeah we dodged a bullet on that one.  ::)

Eh, some weeks you just never know who's gonna duplicate.  Then it turns out we almost all do.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #468 on: March 17, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Too bad about the hood up Han, maybe they can eventually include that one when they do the blue coat version.

I also think hasbro confirmed Bom Vindim from the RS Q&A.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 09:08 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 17, 2007, 09:33 AM »
I can already see the people freaking out over this...  People who don't know much better about ploys like that, scalpers, etc.  ::)

I won't be freaking out...I am just going to order 6 cases to ensure I get my dozen Snowtroopers...not freaking..more like building a safety net.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #470 on: March 17, 2007, 10:35 AM »

At least we had the bit about the 2 stormtroopers in our question, so our answer was slightly different from the rest...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 17, 2007, 12:56 PM »

But didn't you enjoy the form letter response?  I know that we asked about the character rundown for the wave at The Jawa, but they weren't even willing to dish on that.  So we still have to refer to that Jedi as the "Samurai Jedi".  Uck.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:14 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 17, 2007, 05:11 PM »
I also think hasbro confirmed Bom Vindim from the RS Q&A.
I'd say him or Brainiac was confirmed - I just wish somebody would ask about the Saurins, to make sure they stay on the radar at Hasbro.

'78

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 17, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Anyone notice this question:

"You've announced previously that in 2008 you'll be revisiting Bespin for a wave figures. Will you include Willrow Hood in that wave? If not, do you realize collectors will storm the Hasbro parking lot and smash the windows out of all your cars? Rhode Island is a small state... we'll find you. I mean, to do a Bespin wave at this point and NOT include Willrow? You may as well just spit in all our faces."

I think it was creature cantina that posted that - I don't mind their answer as ICMG is something I'm not into - what shocks me is that a site even allowed something like this through.  I don't see any emoticons in the post, so it's hard to say whether they're kidding or not.

But that seems like another question that continues to get asked over and over.

Where do y'all put suggested questions on here?

On another note, I do have a question now about filling the gap in 2007 for the FU figures.

While wave eight may be moved forward in their release date, that says we'll only get 52 figures this year - will there be anything to fill the overall gap left by moving FU to 2008?  Will the first wave of 2008 be moved forward to 2007?  Perhaps another "repaint" continuation wave like 2005 or 2006?  Seems like Hasbro would be remis to leave that big a gap in the basic releases for the year.

Of course, this may be the common follow-on question in two weeks.

'78

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2007, 05:42 PM »
I'm sure we'll see another group of repaints - but that would leave eight holes in that coin folder... hmm.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 17, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Hey, if the Torture Rack Han Solo is true, then how about some of those other figures from that one rumor list (from some company's upcoming inventory list)?   I'm sure I read in a Hasbro QnA that they were just all wishfull thinking/rumors.  But I don't recall reading anywhere else about rumors for the Torture Rack, besides that posting, and that turned out to be true.  How many other figures will turn out to be coming out this year?

Guess I'm quoting myself here, but since no one replied to this, wondering what other think of this.  The posting had:

Quote from: Jeff link=topic=14790.msg284706#msg284706
Unconfirmed/Rumored Waves for 2007:

Wave ? - Expanded Universe Based

Roron Corobb
Yoda with Kybuck
Anakin Skywalker (Tatooed)
Darth Revan
Darth Malak
General Grievous (Pre-Cyborg)
Concept Luke Skywalker

Wave ? - Empire Strikes Back

Han Solo (Torture Rack)
Lando Calrissian (Smuggler)
Hoth Rebel Trooper (Gen. Pharl McQuarrie?)
4-LOM
Concept Snowtrooper

Wave ? - RotJ - Battle of Endor

Ewok 2-Pack
R2-D2 with Cargo Net
Spirit of Anakin Skywalker
Tycho Celchu (Rebel A-Wing Pilot)
Concept Han Solo

Wave ? - Attack of the Clones

Clone Trooper
Padme Amidala (Theed Dinner)
Jango Fett with Poncho
Voolvif Monn
Destroyer Droid with Shield
Concept Rebel Soldier

Sure would be cool if others in this list turned out to be real... especially the ESB & ROTJ wave.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #476 on: March 17, 2007, 07:36 PM »
Where do y'all put suggested questions on here?

Questions for Hasbro?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #477 on: March 18, 2007, 08:04 PM »
I think it was creature cantina that posted that - I don't mind their answer as ICMG is something I'm not into - what shocks me is that a site even allowed something like this through.  I don't see any emoticons in the post, so it's hard to say whether they're kidding or not.

Hasbro knows who we are, and agreed to play along.  Of course we keep missing the deadlines for questions to be submitted, so who knows when we'll get more in.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 18, 2007, 08:43 PM »

They're not kidding.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2007, 01:27 AM »

Hasbro knows who we are, and agreed to play along.  Of course we keep missing the deadlines for questions to be submitted, so who knows when we'll get more in.

You and other sites it seems. :)  I guess the new schedule is confusing some of the other place's submissions.