Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307887 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Will it still be the white "Vintage" paintjob, as scene on the box?

What is shown on the box is not what we are getting.  According to Hasbro it will be the same as the last release, just in a new (crappy, mistake laden) box.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #511 on: May 11, 2007, 11:42 PM »
Will it still be the white "Vintage" paintjob, as scene on the box?

What is shown on the box is not what we are getting.  According to Hasbro it will be the same as the last release, just in a new (crappy, mistake laden) box.

If it's like the Sith Infiltrator box, the ship depicted on the Vader TIE box is an artists depiction of the vehicle and not the toy. When you compare the Sith Infiltrator on the box and what you get in the box there are a lot of detail differences. Plus the image on the box has a definite graphic art vibe to it. Doesn't explain the "ejectable wings" starburst (their error mentioned in the Q&A with JD explains that), but that is probably why the vehicles look so different.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #512 on: May 12, 2007, 01:36 AM »
It's not white on the box either, it's light grey...  If it were light grey I'd buy it, but anything else is a big and easy pass for me.  I have like 4 Vader's TIE's sitting around here from the clearance days for god's sake.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 12, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Reading through the round-up reports is so funny.  I think I have a question for Hasbro's next Q and A:
Would Hasbro be willing to sell the license to a company that has money and doesn't cry about cost issues every 2 seconds?  I was under the impression that Hasbro is an industry giant.  I didn't realize you guys were so strapped for cash  :P
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #514 on: May 12, 2007, 02:26 PM »
Reading Matt's round-up...

People asked MORE "build-a-thing" questions?  Again?  ::)  And worse...  asking for playsets in this fashion...  again...  You have to be ******** me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 13, 2007, 02:23 PM »
People asked MORE "build-a-thing" questions?  Again?  ::)  And worse...  asking for playsets in this fashion...  again...  You have to be ******** me.

Well, I guess this rules my question for next week out...

"Would you consider doing a build-a-figure AND build-a-playset series of pack-ins with basic figures that would also include even more extra parts to build a 7" Unleashed or Galactic Heroes vehicle based on the Tonnika Sisters?"

;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #516 on: May 13, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I honestly thought when it went to every other week that things would shape up some with what is asked.  Granted we took a gamble on one of ours, but when you KNOW the answer to what you're asking by just looking it up, I don't get it...  I'm always anxious to see what other sites ask since you never know who's gonna ask the good questions any given week.  You're really starting to get a feel for who isn't though.  :-\

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 13, 2007, 03:32 PM »
I really think some sites are asking certain questions to be facetious, or perhaps thinking that with enough suggestion they can influence some Hasbro decisions.  I've gotten the impression after so many Q and A's that Hasbro really just decides what they want to do, and won't take good ideas from us the collector community.  So at this point, most questions have probably already been asked and are just being repeated until Hasbro gets it through their skulls that "we" want playsets, build-a-figures, etc.  Actually, one BAF idea I thought would work is an astromech one.  Simply utilize the superior astromech torso and legs, and a good R2 head, R5-D4 head, and an R4 head, and paint up a bunch of variations that can be disassembled and placed in waves.  Imagine the trading boards with all of the extra pieces!

On a side note, I'm so intrigued by their response to the 4-LOM question.  I can't wait to get a new version because the only really good thing about the POTF2 version is the rusty paintjob.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 13, 2007, 03:54 PM »
She's been one of the most consistently-requested figures since the modern line began, she has far more screentime than Dengar and Bossk and IG-88, a prototype of her was even made for the original Kenner line. She was second runner-up in the ToyFare Fan Choice poll by only a small margin, she had more votes than any other movie character in the poll, and the 2 above her in the poll have already been confirmed to be made (as have Darth Malak, Hermi Odle, ROTJ Luke, Mara Jade, Kir Kanos, Clone Commander, Padme Ilum, and Commander Neyo who all got significantly less votes than Yarna, half of those 4 poll-losers there have even already been released). You obviously recognize some level of demand, based on your April Fools-style joke at 2006 San Diego Comic Con. So why is it that you will joke about collectors wanting a Yarna d'al Gargan figure, but have been unwilling in the past to produce this figure and will not confirm that you are committed to releasing this figure in the foreseeable future? (SSG, 5/11/07)

What a royal douche.  The question is, essentially, "why do you tease us?"

SSG = stupid sucky & gay.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #519 on: May 13, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Hey Darth Spice, is Sandtroopers.com participating in the Q & A this week?

I guess not, I sent them last Saturday and I admit they should have been sent last Friday but really does a day matter that much? These 3 questions are not the center of our life, or top priority around here but for whatever reason Hasbro was stumped by our 3 questions from a week ago. To top it off we've sent 5 questions the past few times to ensure we wouldn't have this happen again but I guess we were wrong? I've asked the Q n A team for a response but have yet to hear anything back.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #520 on: May 13, 2007, 07:05 PM »
I'd like to ask Hasbro where the heck all the 30th AC figures are.  I was in about 6 stores since Friday and have seen nothing, anywhere.  It's unAmerican I say.  I have money and I want to spend it!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 13, 2007, 09:13 PM »
She's been one of the most consistently-requested figures since the modern line began, she has far more screentime than Dengar and Bossk and IG-88, a prototype of her was even made for the original Kenner line. She was second runner-up in the ToyFare Fan Choice poll by only a small margin, she had more votes than any other movie character in the poll, and the 2 above her in the poll have already been confirmed to be made (as have Darth Malak, Hermi Odle, ROTJ Luke, Mara Jade, Kir Kanos, Clone Commander, Padme Ilum, and Commander Neyo who all got significantly less votes than Yarna, half of those 4 poll-losers there have even already been released). You obviously recognize some level of demand, based on your April Fools-style joke at 2006 San Diego Comic Con. So why is it that you will joke about collectors wanting a Yarna d'al Gargan figure, but have been unwilling in the past to produce this figure and will not confirm that you are committed to releasing this figure in the foreseeable future? (SSG, 5/11/07)

What a royal douche.  The question is, essentially, "why do you tease us?"

SSG = stupid sucky & gay.

Yeah, that is a rather aggressive "question".   Oh well hopefully they got it off their chest so to speak. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #522 on: May 14, 2007, 01:26 AM »
This week's Q&A just seems to be littered with faux pau's throughout though, going back to some of the utterly shite questions asked about old topics on up.  Maybe the crappiest overall week of questions in general between what was asked, and what apparantly "wasn't" asked because, well, the Q&A isn't important enough...  ???   I certainly wouldn't hound them about it if that was the case actually but whatever.

Add to that, that TheJawa had gone belly up at the worst moment and didn't get theirs in...  Man, just a trainwreck for Q&A this week on so many different levels really, from the downright lame to the simply unavoidable, it all just sorta collapsed.  Weird.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #523 on: June 8, 2007, 09:08 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted...

- Smuggler Lando = kitbash?
- how much planned re-useability goes into a sculpt?
- Gunner Luke or Chewie planned?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #524 on: June 9, 2007, 01:55 AM »
- Smuggler Lando = kitbash?

Uh, when did Han ever wear poofy sleeved shirts, or bell-bottomed pants?  Methinks Hasbro's figure at C4 was either a really early kitbashed up prototype, or that they just don't know wtf is going on.