Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307246 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #585 on: August 31, 2007, 05:50 PM »
I like the white letters.  Easier for old folks like me to read...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #586 on: August 31, 2007, 07:35 PM »
About Hasbro's answer for they're coin totals. It doesn't count the SWshop Exclusive Concept Grievous coin either. So it's 89 coins then.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 31, 2007, 08:09 PM »
I like the white letters. 

I concur...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 1, 2007, 09:26 AM »
If it helps make a decision, white is fine by me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #589 on: September 7, 2007, 10:46 AM »
Okay, I went back and changed the black to white.  Thanks for the feedback.

Also added Q & As from six other sites, so check that out if you want.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #590 on: September 14, 2007, 06:17 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- Yes, stands will be back in 2008.
- Landspeeder re-release?
- SA Hoth Rebel's hat?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #591 on: September 15, 2007, 02:39 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed in the stands.  I liked the coins, but that's me...  The Pack-in is irrelevant ultimately so whatever, as long as prices don't go up.  Bummed on the Hoth Rebel answer slightly...  Was hoping for more info there.

In other Q&A news though, GalacticHunter asked a doozey about playsets and seemingly Sideshow spilled the beans that Hasbro's in talks with them about doing 3.75"-ish scaled playsets/environments for the figures.  That's promising for the playset camp of course, but in terms of cost I cannot imagine they'll be cheap unless they're produced in a fairly efficient manner and lack complexity.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 15, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Bummed on the Hoth Rebel answer slightly...  Was hoping for more info there.

Me too. That's a figure that should have been in development.

One of the RS questions revealed Hasbro's plans to cut back on figure production by 8. That means we'll be going down from 60 to 52. Big whoop. 52 is still a crap load for one year.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2007, 11:42 AM »
I'm kinda disappointed in the stands.  I liked the coins, but that's me...  The Pack-in is irrelevant ultimately so whatever, as long as prices don't go up.  Bummed on the Hoth Rebel answer slightly...  Was hoping for more info there.

In other Q&A news though, GalacticHunter asked a doozey about playsets and seemingly Sideshow spilled the beans that Hasbro's in talks with them about doing 3.75"-ish scaled playsets/environments for the figures.  That's promising for the playset camp of course, but in terms of cost I cannot imagine they'll be cheap unless they're produced in a fairly efficient manner and lack complexity.

Given the cost of SSC's 12 inch figs, I'm NOT lloking forward to their pricing for playsets. And you just know it's going to be a mad freakin' rush for them to and they'll all be exclusive. SSC while doing decent work is one of the last I would want to do playsets. Based almost entirely on the exclusive crap (then the expected high price second). Just make ONE kind of set-not one that has an exclusive piece then another that doesn't.

That's going to piss me off to no end.

While some will say, I should be glad that there is even hope that playsets will be made, to me, not at the cost of being able to get them redily or having to pay through the nose for them.

I sure as hell hope they consider modular pieces, non exclusives and make them in decent numbers.

Playsets MUST be retail things, NOT internet sales. Kids must get a chacne at these too (meaning their parents to buy them for them). Having sales of playsets just through the internet would be a travesty to the youngin's as well as the many of fans who do not or WILL not buy from the net.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I can't see how Hasbro will agree to retail sell these rumored playsets, though, considering their standard response about not selling well and the fact that Sideshow is an internet retailer.  Being a diorama-builder, I'm not too keen on the prospect of playsets since I feel they may eclipse my efforts (mostly worried about accuracy).  If there are set pieces, though, I'd be happier- things like Moisture Vaporators and cantina tables, etc.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2007, 07:12 PM »
Well retailers would charge an arm and a leg for playsets anyway.  If Hasbro put out a decent Death Star playset it would probably be something like $75-$125 at retail I would guess.  Not sure if Sideshow would be all that much higher or not?  Yeah, I know they would be higher than Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, etc that is a given.  But just how much more?  Plus, you know retailers would crap their pants if the sets stuck around on the shelves and then that would be the end of playsets at retail anyway.  So, maybe selling them on the net is the only way to go in the end? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 16, 2007, 01:55 AM »
Hasbro's considering some means to bring out playsets?

Maybe creating wishlists and asking Hasbro about playsets a few times in the Q&A's wasn't such a burden on the community after all.

If this comes to fruition, and regarding through which avenue they are sold, can't we just be happy that this might actually be happening rather than already finding something to complain about?

Anyways, as a fan of quality, I'd much rather see Sideshow do playsets than Hasbro.  We've already seen how poorly Hasbro executes them.  Hopefully we'll see Sideshow make something like THIS or any number of the custom playsets you can look up at www.owenscustoms.com

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #597 on: September 16, 2007, 11:33 AM »
can't we just be happy that this might actually be happening rather than already finding something to complain about?

Sorry, that's not how the internet works.  Everyone knows that as soon as something is announced (playsets, Willrow Hood, whatever), at least 50% of the collectors will find some reason to hate it - price, exclusivity, articulation, accessories - it can be anything.

Half will say "Yay!  Our hours of complaining on the internet were heard" while half will say "They cost too much" or "They are too hard to get".

Just the way it has always been... and no doubt the way it will always be.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 16, 2007, 01:29 PM »
Hasbro's considering some means to bring out playsets?

Maybe creating wishlists and asking Hasbro about playsets a few times in the Q&A's wasn't such a burden on the community after all.

If this comes to fruition, and regarding through which avenue they are sold, can't we just be happy that this might actually be happening rather than already finding something to complain about?

Ordinarily I'm the cheerleader with the big smile and pom-poms, but seeing what Sideshow charges for its current environments ($80 for the Space Worm cave from ESB), and how the Retrobilia Pride Displays worked out (clearance for $60 plastic environments) I have to say that I think Hasbro is probably smart to pass the buck to another company so they don't get burned. 

Given Sideshow doesn't really make its product widely available in stores and they price things for the kind of collector that a lot of us aren't-- which is to say, the kind that balk at $17 figures-- I can't say I'd be optimistic about a toy category being farmed out to the makers of some of the most authentic and expensive collectibles available today.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I think its pretty cool they considered doing Uzay figures, just upset with the outcome of their discussions. I would love to get a Blue STars and Headman figure. I guess Medicom is still the only hope for those.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"