Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305735 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #630 on: October 2, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Did you ever know...  That you're my hero?  :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #631 on: October 2, 2007, 12:41 AM »
God damn you, Jesse James.

God damn you to hell.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #632 on: October 2, 2007, 12:45 AM »
Already told they're afraid I'll take over, so nope...  Cleveland though perhaps.  :-\  *shudder*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #633 on: October 2, 2007, 12:51 AM »
Seriously though, I appreciate all the kind words, but I would appreciate it even more if all the kind words would cease.

I really enjoy compiling all the Q & A's, and I'm such an anal-retentive, OCD dickhead that I'd probably still do it even if nobody else was reading.

So let's put the kibosh on all the "Matt you're the greatest for doing that" talk.  It's really getting old.

I do take PayPal.  Address in my profile.  Thanks.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #634 on: October 2, 2007, 12:54 AM »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #635 on: October 2, 2007, 12:57 AM »
Old Cocky ******bag?

???
« Last Edit: October 2, 2007, 12:57 AM by Matt »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #636 on: October 2, 2007, 01:19 AM »
Ornery Collosal dip****?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 2, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Poor guy doesn't know how to react to anything outside of an insult.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #638 on: October 2, 2007, 03:05 PM »
I will not say anything other than the time organizing this is appreciated.....

Here are my submissions for consideration for the next Q&A:

1. With a mix bagged response to the 2007 Han Bespin included with the Torture rack, will we get a regular Han Bespin in 2008? He is way overdue for a good SA version such an iconic outfit.

2. With the new CW show coming in the fall and most likely a strong product platform supporting it can we expect first few waves of 08 figures be more OTC based since will will be getting prequel overload at that time? Wave 1 is is ROTS based but will waves 2-5 be more OTC focused.

3. Bespin has such excellent characters like Bespin Guards, Ugnaughts, Lieutenant Sheckil, White IG-88 Willrow hood & that loser Klingon wannabe Utris M'Toc. Will we see any characters from cloud city with new or partial new sculpts this year?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #639 on: October 2, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Here are my submissions for consideration for the next Q&A:

Please remember to post your questions for Hasbro in this thread.  If they do not get posted in there, they may get lost in the discussion in here...   I try to catch them when they pop up like this, but I don't always find every one posted outside that thread.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #640 on: October 3, 2007, 02:48 PM »
Got it. I will post them there. Thanks!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #641 on: October 5, 2007, 03:20 PM »
But the other thing that was REALLY annoying?  Apparently one forum user at Jedi Insider, Rebelscum and Sandtroopers wound up having the EXACT SAME QUESTION submitted by ALL THREE SITES.  The wording in the question is pretty much identical from all three of those sites.

In choosing the 3 JD questions for this week, I noticed that same guy had posted his question here too...

Dear Hasbro,

I love what you've done with Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers. All the articulation you can ask for (well, except for Commander Baccura/Commander Cody). I have several shelves in my home dedicated to Clones and their Jedi Generals. As well as Stormtroopers snapped at attention for Darth Vader and the Emperor.

So don't you think it's time you start putting a little more attention on our rebel freinds? I'd love to have a squad of Rebel Commandos that could stand at attention for General Madine or crouch behind fallen logs. I'd love to have Hoth Soldiers who could toss a grenade, crawl on their belly in a sniper position, or look through a pair of macrobinoculars.

For years now we've been able to put our Clones/Storms in most any position we'd like.....so please give us the same option for our beloved Rebels.....please

Good thing we actually pay a little attention to the questions that get asked before blindly sending them off or you may have seen it pop up again next week...  :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #642 on: October 5, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Good thing we actually pay a little attention to the questions that get asked before blindly sending them off or you may have seen it pop up again next week... 

Amen to that...  Between Jeff's thoroughness with the Q&A sessions to make sure he didn't ask a duplicate and Matt's archived lists, it's definitely easier and more productive for the Q&A sessions to keep on being interesting/informative here.  Some weeks more than others, but there is definitely life left in the Q&A to make it really get an answer on something rather than just be Hasbro's open suggestion box I think.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #643 on: October 8, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Some weeks more than others, but there is definitely life left in the Q&A. . .

True dat!  I really didn't think that the Q & A sessions would go on for as long as they have.  Maybe a couple, three months, at best, before they got fed up with it and stopped doing them.  But here we are, nearly a year and a half later, and they're going stronger than ever.  They've even added a couple new sites in the last few sessions.

And the exciting stuff on tap for next year--Force Unleashed, Indiana Jones, and The Clone Wars--should provide more than fuel to keep the Q&A going for quite a while.

And I hope it continues on indefinitely.  I'm usually not one to say "Hasbro sucks" about anything, but their online presence, with the fan community, absolutely sucked--HARD--for years and years.  So, despite the occasional repetitiveness, and the frequently ****** questions (and answers), this is still a nice service for the online community.  Hopefully it keeps going.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #644 on: October 12, 2007, 09:44 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- SA Bespin Han in 2008?  No.  :(
- SA Snowtrooper Officer?
- Plants and Tree pack-ins?

On a side note, I find it funny that Hasbro says "Plants aren't high on the list" when talking about pack-in accessories and then the Endor Batttle Pack has a few logs in it.  I guess logs are cooler than plants...  :P