Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 306967 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #660 on: December 7, 2007, 09:23 PM »
So I am guessing Oola as next years exclusive. I believe she was supposed to in the line this year. I of course would prefer if it was Yarna.  ;D

Awesome news about Fozec. Nice to hear they want some backgorund characters made just as badly as we do.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Weekly Q and A
« Reply #661 on: December 21, 2007, 05:18 PM »
The latest Hasbro QnA has been posted.

- 16 of the 2007 30AC figures will be back with stands in 2008.
- What's up with the dioramas/playsets used for the recent packaging backgrounds?
- No store exclusives for IJ toy launch?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 21, 2007, 07:24 PM »
Sweet news about Fozec.  If they can make him Willrow should be on the way.   ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #663 on: December 22, 2007, 01:21 PM »
I thought this was an interesting answer that Sandtroopers received:

Looking at some of the figures of minor characters that were made years ago, I started to think about how cool they could be if some of them were brought up to today's standards. Some examples that come to mind are Boshek, Tessek, Adi Gallia, Takeel, Dr. Evazan, Prune Face and Ree-Yees. Most of these figures looked nice in their day, but they just don't hold up to today's standards anymore. I understand that remakes of minor background characters can't happen very often, but I'm wondering who, if any, is one minor character that the Hasbro team would really like to have another shot at? (ST, 12/21/07)

Great question.  As we have produced "definitive" versions of many such backgrounders lately and added them to our shelf displays, we, like you, have noticed that many of these old-timers, while great in their day, do look a little soft around the edges.  We would say that of the seven figures you single out, we have plans to update three of them over the next couple of years, and will probably get to a couple more of them as well before too much longer.  Of the remaining ones, it's unlikely that we'll update Boshek or Takeel for a looong time, if ever, since we would be more likely to spend that "slot" in the lineup on a new Cantina figure.

Tessek, Adi Gallia, Dr. Evazan, Prune Face, and Ree-Yees. 

Which three out of those five is Hasbro talking about?

I'd toss Adi Gallia, but good cases can be made for the other four.  Tessek is probably the one least in need of a new version, as it's the most-recently done and still holds up today, nearly seven years later.

So my guesses are Evazan, Prune Face, and Ree-Yees.  I'd like to see what they could do with a new Evazan and Walrusman.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #664 on: December 22, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Evazan's easily #1 on that list that needs redone...  I'd say Ree Yees and Tessek are a tie, I don't really feel that one is worse than the other, so I'd not discount either one, however I'd go with Ree Yees just because of his older status.  I don't personally mind Tessek or Ree Yees though.

The two on the list I'm most interested in then are Evazan, and definitely Prune Face...  I've hoped for a nice SA resculpt of the Dresellian Commando figure, and hopefully it'll include a removable eyepatch so you can have either of them.  Evazan and Ponda Baba, definitely are on my resculpt wishlist too though, despite Ponda not getting a mention...  Way ahead of Tessek and Ree Yees for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #665 on: December 22, 2007, 03:33 PM »
Did hasbro confirm Ak-Rev without realizing it in this weeks Q&A? I think we all assumed we woould get him with the other half of the drum anyway though.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #666 on: December 23, 2007, 01:35 PM »
I think they kind of did.  They also mentioned the likelihood of Toyrn Farr and a big giant holographic Emperor head.   :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #667 on: December 24, 2007, 08:52 AM »
I just saw the Holographic Emperor head comment. Interesting...I Think? My guess woul dbe a battle pack.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 24, 2007, 11:14 AM »
I just saw the Holographic Emperor head comment. Interesting...I Think? My guess woul dbe a battle pack.

Meditation room multipack. (Though the big giant head technically wasn't here):
Vader
Emperor head
Admiral Piett
General Veers
Meditation chamber

This would be my guess. Three figures and two BIG accessories.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 24, 2007, 05:13 PM »
They also mentioned the likelihood of Toyrn Farr and a big giant holographic Emperor head.   :)

Wippiee!  A giant blue head to add to my collection.   :-\

What an odd Battlepack that will make..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #670 on: December 25, 2007, 02:24 AM »
I'm actually all about a big holographic Palpatine noggin for my Vader to chat it up with.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 26, 2007, 10:33 AM »
In regards to the Sandtroopers Q&A, an updated Dr. Evazan is long over due. I don't came much about the others mentioned, in many ways, their current form they can get a pass, but Dr. Evazan, in my best Will Smith, Damn.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 26, 2007, 01:40 PM »
Dr. Evazan has never really gotten a decent figure.  And both of the Evazan's to date have been part of multi-packs.  But neither figure has really captured his true ugliness that well.  Especially when you consider that his appearance in ANH is pretty crucial, since it's the first time Obi-Wan really shows off his Jedi powers.

As for the Emporer's giant holographic head?  You have me to blame, there.  Well, at least for the question.  I was very surprised to see that Hasbro bit at that one, but I'm very pleased with the answer.  I think it will make for a very interesting piece, although I think it's probably going to be offered in something like a Battle Pack.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:41 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #673 on: December 26, 2007, 01:43 PM »
I have to agree. Not many figures really NEED a resculpt, but he really does. The figures they have done really do not represent the character at all.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 26, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Will they use the "new" 2004 DVD Ian McDiarmid head or the original?  Whichever is picked there is sure to be some arguing about that.  I am interested to see what they come up with for the head.