Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307458 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #705 on: February 1, 2008, 06:56 PM »
That Sullustan B-Wing pilot answer suggests what we were discussing in the Evolutions thread: Ten Nunb will be in the 3-pack and likely there will be a kit-bashed human for the B-Wing itself.  I just hope that doesn't hold off an SA B-Wing pilot this year or next...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #706 on: February 2, 2008, 05:29 AM »
I'd guess the B-Winger in the Evolutions set is going to be quite articulated, and that it's the base for whatever the pack-in is...  Still, I wonder why a pack-in would be specific to the B-Wing?  The way the answer was worded, it sounded like the figure would make sense with the ship, but really B-Wings don't really appear prominent in EU with any individual character I can think of.

I wasn't really in the mood to buy a 2nd B-Wing, so the thoughts of this pack-in figure bum me out a little too...

In other Q&A goodness, it seems as though there will be some Hoth Rebel greatness coming in 2008!  That's good news.

Lots of dull stuff in the Q&A again this week, but there were some good answers too.  I liked the news from our questions for the most part (Yay for Toht, and the B-Wing thing is interesting), but the coin answer was disappointing.  I really wanted a silver EU coin...  Such is life with that though.

Good stuff came up this week I thought, at least with some of the questions asked, so that was a nice read through in Matt's round-up thread.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 2, 2008, 09:49 AM »
That Sullustan B-Wing pilot answer suggests what we were discussing in the Evolutions thread: Ten Nunb will be in the 3-pack and likely there will be a kit-bashed human for the B-Wing itself.  I just hope that doesn't hold off an SA B-Wing pilot this year or next...

Yep - my thoughts exactly.

Although, if you think about it, the torso of Ten Numb could be the basis for any future B-Wing figure. Not to mention the fact that if they sculpt the arms and legs right, it might just be a matter of sculpting longer thighs, longer upper arms and a Human head to change a SA Ten Numb figure into a SA Human B-Wing pilot.

I'm glad that the B-Wing is coming. It's been a while since it was an exclusive to Target and it's always been one of my favorite designs from the OT. Also, since I don't army build vehicles, it will be a great opportunity to add a second one to my open collection as well.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 3, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I am very surprised we are not getting at least one of the vintage figures not yet done. I have to say I am unhappy about that.

Yeah, what happened to Lumat?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #709 on: February 3, 2008, 10:20 AM »
I just saw the question Hasbro answered regarding Jabba the Hutt. At this point, i really dont understand why they cant get a ultimate battle pack with Jabba and throne. I just dont understand what the problem is. Can we get a follow-up question as to why it is such  a difficult item to find a spot for?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 3, 2008, 11:01 AM »
No Toht? That's pretty disappointing.  :(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 3, 2008, 03:51 PM »
There were some other interesting questions and answers around the web too:
At Mousedroid, a question was asked about Ponda Baba being resculpted, and they replied: Yes (to a Resculpt of  Ponda Baba), and we did not mention him specifically because there's a strong possibility that we'll take another look at him someday.

Also, at Sirsteve's, someone asked about a new Snowspeeder: Because of the size and greater cost, it has not been possible to get the existing Snowspeeder into the $20 vehicle pricepoint. You and your readers have been instrumental in the past in championing for a "true to scale" version and for this reason we have held off at using it in more exclusives. We have heard you....and are looking at ways to bring a new one to market within the next couple of years. Stay tuned!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #712 on: February 4, 2008, 01:26 AM »
Good news on the Snowspeeder, but I thought that was already sort of hinted at from past Q&A's (not necessarilly from SSG)?  Either way, it's good to hear as it's definitely too big.

The Ponda Baba I kind of just assumed would happen at some point.  He and Evazan are overdue at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 4, 2008, 08:50 AM »
I caught the snowspeeder Q&A. Don't know how to feel about that. I like having the 4 unique ones I have, but at the same time, a more accurate one sounds cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 4, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Hasbro stated in an earlier Q&A that they would like to revisit the Snowspeeder at some point in time.  But the answer was rather vague.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 8, 2008, 07:32 PM »
I wonder why a pack-in would be specific to the B-Wing?  The way the answer was worded, it sounded like the figure would make sense with the ship, but really B-Wings don't really appear prominent in EU with any individual character I can think of.

Doesn't EU say Admiral Ackbar designed the B-Wing? That could be interesting...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 9, 2008, 09:08 AM »

Doesn't EU say Admiral Ackbar designed the B-Wing? That could be interesting...

Interesting. I guess can see a slight common design theme with their large cruisers.

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 10, 2008, 11:35 PM »
never posted a question here, where do we post our hasbro questions?
Heres a good one,  WHAT IS WITH THE SECRECY ALREADY???  Enough already!  We asked about a new falcon that may or may not be coming out... your reply, we will not be answering any more questions on the falcon.  WOW, GREAT!!!! WE MAKE HASBRO!  We buy their merchandise, we drive their sales!   Who cares if we know whats in the upcoming pipeline???  Am I alone here?
Whoever posts the questions, you can clean this up!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #718 on: February 10, 2008, 11:37 PM »

Questions for Hasbro?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 11, 2008, 05:06 PM »
Whoever posts the questions, you can clean this up!

Heres a good one,  WHAT IS WITH THE SECRECY ALREADY???  Enough already!  We asked about a new falcon that may or may not be coming out... your reply, we will not be answering any more questions on the falcon.  WOW, GREAT!!!! WE MAKE HASBRO!  We buy their merchandise, we drive their sales!   Who cares if we know whats in the upcoming pipeline???  Am I alone here?

All clean and ready for submission.