Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307340 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #870 on: March 1, 2009, 12:40 PM »
I wonder if any site asked about the Hoth trooper's skirt and Hasbro graces us with a pic. 

Well, this very site asked it, and we got no answer to the plastic vs soft goods question, nor a pic  >:(.  It's funny the way they promote the small number of omitted skirts as collectors' items too.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #871 on: March 2, 2009, 01:03 AM »
The Q&A was pretty much all old pre-toy fair stuff, so it wasn't a great one...  Still Hasbro tried to make the answers interesting.  At least we know the trooper's coming with a skirt piece as they mentioned at TF and now again...  I'm pretty sure at TF it was mentioned it'd be cloth, but I can't recall where I read that.  I'm pleased as I prefer soft goods generally, for poseability.  I'd love a HOth Han with "soft goods" coat bottom so he could ride a Taun Taun or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 2, 2009, 08:56 AM »
The Q&A was pretty much all old pre-toy fair stuff, so it wasn't a great one...  Still Hasbro tried to make the answers interesting.  At least we know the trooper's coming with a skirt piece as they mentioned at TF and now again...  I'm pretty sure at TF it was mentioned it'd be cloth, but I can't recall where I read that.  I'm pleased as I prefer soft goods generally, for poseability.  I'd love a HOth Han with "soft goods" coat bottom so he could ride a Taun Taun or something.

I've always been a fan of soft goods as well.  I liked it in the vintage line and (when done well) in the modern line too.  I like your Hoth Han idea Jesse, and I keep hoping that we'll see an all-new Taun Taun in the next couple years.  One of my favorite parts of the OT.  Anyways, not a whole lot new from the Q and A's, but I guess that is to be expected.  I noticed a couple of sites asked about the success of the BMF, and Hasbro - while not listing the BMF specifically - said that the big vehicle line was a success and that was why we are seeing the Juggernaut and $60 deluxe line of vehicles later this year.  It sounds like just one "big" vehicle this year, which is fine with me.  I keep holding out hope we'll see an all-new OT offering next year (maybe Slave 1 or AT-AT for the Empire 30th anniversary).

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #873 on: March 4, 2009, 09:48 PM »
My favorite exchange from the latest round of Q&As:

Sandtroopers:  How does a new paint job and box justify a $30 price increase on an "exclusive" that just came out in December?

Hasbro:  We're not sure what you are referring to.  Care to elaborate?

I've been quite apathetic about this stuff for, oh, at least a good year or so now, but this really brings me back to the good ol' days.  Well done, 'Troopers.  Way to stick it to The Man.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #874 on: March 21, 2009, 02:19 PM »
I found this answer, given to Han's Hideout this week, to be somewhat curious:

2. The Clone Wars Nikto Bounty Hunter figure - we know he's not coming in the Jabba Battle Pack anymore, but can you confirm that he will make it out at some point in the near future? He's such a great figure, we'd love to get him sooner rather than later!

** Right now he does not have a home, but because he is tooled it is guaranteed that he will eventually come out either as a basic figure or part of an exclusive. He's a great figure, we're just looking for the best way to get him into the line.

Yet Indy Wave 5 (Raiders Wave 2) was tooled. . .  Grumble, grumble. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 21, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Sounds like some website should point out this hypocrisy to Hasbro in the next round of Q&A's... ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 22, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Decent news this week out of the Q&A sessions.  But I'm surprised at some of the sites that haven't posted their Q&A's.  I wonder if some of the folks who were submitting missed the deadlines.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 22, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Funny Hasbro quote from the Q&A with some otheR Site:

"2010 looks great as well, as long as schedules hold of course..."

;D

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 23, 2009, 10:22 AM »
There was a few nuggets of info from this week's Q and A's, although GH getting a pic of the skiff guard was probably the highlight.  Hopefully Hasbro will dole out a few more of those to various sites in the coming months so we can get a better idea of some of the fall offerings that are on the way.  It also looks like the Titanium line is done (or "on hiatus") as of the end of this year.  They also mentioned (I forget which site) that the battle packs will be going back to the "slim pack" in fall of 2010, so I guess that will be the end of the larger items (like in the Yavin pack) or characters like Jabba coming in the battle packs.  They specifically mention that you better "buy 'em while you can" with the Gunship pod packs.  I was happy to hear that an all-new Admiral Ackbar should be on the way in 2010 (or possibly 2011).  That's a resculpt I've really been looking forward to, along with a new Gam. Guard.

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #879 on: March 24, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Looks like Hasbro confirmed to SWAN that the last 4 astromech BADs of the year are going to be R5-H6 & R3-O1, and R4-P44 & R3-A2.

Also saw that Hasbro acknowledged that the R2 that's coming with Wedge's X-Wing does not match the one that is seen onscreen, but that it is the deco requested by Lucasfilm.  Too bad about that.  I'm going to call it his ESB droid, and hold out hope that they are able to revisit Wedge's astro in a 2-pack or something in the future so I can get his Yavin droid with the bright red dome.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #880 on: March 24, 2009, 03:09 PM »
I rwally wish we could have gotten Leebo
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 25, 2009, 12:30 AM »
Looks like Hasbro confirmed to SWAN that the last 4 astromech BADs of the year are going to be R5-H6 & R3-O1, and R4-P44 & R3-A2.

Great choices for the BADs!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 25, 2009, 10:18 AM »

Which movies are those Astromechs from?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 25, 2009, 11:07 AM »

R5-H6 is supposed to be from the pod-race scene in TPM.
R3-O1 is probably the blue bodied, clear domed R3 on the death star in ANH
R4-P44 is from ROTS (not sure where, I think as an astrodroid for a clone ship)
R3-A2 is on Hoth in ESB.
I am not the Stig

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 25, 2009, 12:54 PM »

R4-P44 is from ROTS (not sure where, I think as an astrodroid for a clone ship)
[/quote]

He's on Obi-Wan's starfighter to Utapau.