Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307447 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #885 on: March 25, 2009, 12:58 PM »
He's on Obi-Wan's starfighter to Utapau.

I think that's actually R4-G9.

Wow, I'm such a nerd.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:59 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 25, 2009, 01:02 PM »

Darnit, that nerd beat this nerd.

I think R4-P44 is a mostly silver deco with a green-blue dome.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R4-P44

Though instead he'll be the R4 unit that was transferred into a Protocol droid's body as will be newly established by LFL.
I am not the Stig

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 25, 2009, 05:49 PM »
Is R3-A2 the clear domed droid Hasbro put in one of the very first battle packs from 2002/2003? I think it was some kind of TRU exclusive Hoth set
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 25, 2009, 06:02 PM »
That's the same designation, whether it'll be the same design, i don't know.  I've watched the droid on ebay and he's kind of pricey.  If this is the same droid, I wonder if that old design will drop in price.  I'm sure a lot of the droid collectors won't be too excited about that, i think they'd like to have a new one instead.  I'll be ok with it since it'll let me get this guy one way or the other...
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 25, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Is R3-A2 the clear domed droid Hasbro put in one of the very first battle packs from 2002/2003? I think it was some kind of TRU exclusive Hoth set

Yup.  It came out in 2003.  That set was called the Battle of Hoth.

Obviously the design is going to be different.  The bodies of BAF astromechs all have 4 leg sockets and the removable center leg.  Plus, Hasbro has yet to do a clear dome astromech in the BAF droid series.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 06:27 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 26, 2009, 12:38 AM »
He's on Obi-Wan's starfighter to Utapau.

Oops, misread the info on him. While he wasn't on the starfighter (I thought that wasn't right), he was assigned to Obi-Wan's forces to Utapau.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 02:38 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 26, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Thanks for the info and the entertainment guys!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I noticed in this week's Hasbro Q and A at RS, they confirm that there will be a couple "new takes" on C-3PO on the way later this year and 2010 (although the TPM one is not one of those versions).  Hopefully we'll see a new SA 3PO (maybe using the build-a-droid and/or 4-LOM as bases/inspiration) and I think we're well overdue for a nice AOTC version.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 11, 2009, 08:49 PM »
One of the things that has me disappointed from this week's Q&A's is the response to the question regarding any more Clone Wars astromechs - especially droids for Obi-Wan's new Jedi Starfighter.

Their response that we could just use the realistic line's R4 with the ship totally proves to me that just don't understand why collectors were so negative about the two different styles before the lines premiered. If I want to display the new Obi-Wan starfighter with my Clone Wars figures, I want the astromech to be one of the animated style droids. I mean really, how hard could it be to pump out a couple of repaints of the Goldie figure?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #894 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04 PM »
I thought this was one of the more interesting answers this week from SSG:

SSG: When it comes to prequel Senators, we haven't seen much lately. The most asked of them is the Senator Grebleips figure, the E.T. alien - will we ever be getting this figure, is it just unlikely because it's a background alien, or is it totally off-limits because it's an easter egg from another film? Also, what about seeing senate figures from Ep 1 like Edcel Bar Gane, Sei Taria, Toonbuck Toora and Mot-Not Rab?

Hasbro: Senator and Separatist figures have been very slow sellers for us, so while we're not ruling them out, they are not high on our list of figures to target. We're confident that we'll get around to more some day, especially if the collector base rebounds as these figures are 100% collector-targeted. Until then, they'll stay on the sidelines. Grebleips is off limits per Lucasfilm, joining (among a few others) the oft-asked for female Cantina denizens, Holiday Special live action figures, and Tyvokka as figures we cannot/will not pursue.

It sucks but i had heard we could not get the ET figure and the Holiday Special figures, and we knew about the Tonnika sisters but why Tyvokka. Whats the story with not being able to get a Wookie Jedi?

Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 11, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Apparently Lucas has something against Wookiees being Jedi.  There's supposedly an edict for the EU that the only Wookiee Jedi will now and forever be Tyvokka and Lowbacca.  And apparently this extends to Hasbro not making a Tyvokka figure.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 12, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Lt Sheckil, Williard Hood, Bespin Security Guard, Luke Snowspeeder Pilot are coming later this year!!!  Trying to find out the last two figures in the ESB wave. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #897 on: April 12, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Lt Sheckil, Williard Willrow Hood, Bespin Security Guard, Luke Snowspeeder Pilot are coming later this year!!!  Trying to find out the last two figures in the ESB wave. 

Fixed.  ;)
"This is the way."

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 12, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Thank You, Ryan

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 13, 2009, 09:40 AM »
One thing that was a little concerning to me in this week's batch of Q and A's (and seemed fairly prevalent across the sites), was Hasbro mentioning how much sales had slowed on Droid Factory/Legends stuff (basically anything non-CW).  I read in a number of Q and A's at JD, GH, and a couple other places that while the line as a whole is doing well, it is mainly due to kids and the CW stuff.  As you can see here at JD's Q and A, the Force Unleashed wave is now going to be an exclusive battle pack or something, and other "collector focused" releases are going to be more scaled back.  I don't think we're going to lose the Legacy figures or anything like that, but it really seems like Clone Wars stuff is going to get the bulk of the focus for the next few years.

I wouldn't say that the Legacy/movie-based stuff has sold poorly here locally, aside from a couple of pegwarmers (Yarna, Legends Plo Koon) - and the entire line seems to sell through here pretty well for the most part.  Has anyone else noticed a big lag in sales of the "realistic" stuff in the line overall?  I can totally understand the focus on CW right now, but I hate to see less and less movie stuff being made.  I can see any non-CW vehicles or beasts being exclusives from now on, and less focus on Legacy stuff.  It often seems like when Hasbro mentions something across several Q and A's like this, they are sort of "preparing" the collector base for changes in some instances.