Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 308113 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #960 on: May 26, 2009, 12:35 PM »
As far as price-hikes go though, many companies haven't seemingly done the major hikes Hasbro's lines have...  I don't know why that would be, but if you look around at other toy lines the %'s just aren't the same as what Hasbro's lines have been it seems.

Absolutely!  It seems all of Hasbro's toys have increased in price more than other companies over the past couple years... at least from what I can see.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: May 26, 2009, 07:13 PM »
I'd accept a price hike for nothing at this point...  No offense DB, but that set's just about right at $25 to me... 

I should probably clarify: I meant that if cost is the issue of why Hasbro is going back to the slim design of BP with all re-pack figures, then perhaps they could charge a little more to give us more desirable pieces in these sets.  At least, I'd rather $30 BPs with all-new vehicles and figures in them than the current plan of $25 repack sets.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #962 on: May 26, 2009, 07:56 PM »
If they bumped it back up to at least say 4 figures with a small vehicle...  Yes.  The Gelagrub for instance, would be acceptable if it were a grub and 4 figures for $30...  If it were 2 grubs and 2 figures, I think the $25-ish is acceptable...  As it stands now though, it's one grub and one figure (so far as we can tell right now), andthat, for $25-ish, is pure horse**** to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: May 26, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Speaking of price hikes - I just got the EE catalog and the old $9.99 dlx assortment is now $17.99.  What a joke.  Hasbro keeps talking about collector interest falling - at least from the Legacy standpoint...hmmmm...wonder why?  I'm not picking these up even though I'm still in the CW game for the moment unless there's some groovy sale or something.

Not to shoot off topic - where is our QnA  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #964 on: May 26, 2009, 09:19 PM »
Not to shoot off topic - where is our QnA  ???

back a few pages...

I'm afraid to say that due to my own stupidity, we won't have answers for the next session.  I, unfortunately, had a misprint on my calendar when I confused two dates, and so I didn't get a series of Q's into the H this time around.  It's my own fault for not checking my schedule with the Hasbro one more closely.  We'll get 'em in next round.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #965 on: May 26, 2009, 10:23 PM »
Wow, feels good having that brought up again.  ::)  ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #966 on: June 12, 2009, 03:35 PM »
Wow, the Hasbro gang must have wanted to leave work early today, as they've already started sending out answers a good 5-6 hours early today...  :P

I tried to get Hasbro to give some love to the Kenner 'Vehicle Maintenance Energizer'., but it looks like they weren't having any of that.   :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 03:39 PM by Jeff »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #967 on: June 12, 2009, 11:19 PM »
This week's questions:

- Will the Ratts/Clegg 2-Pack still be a 2-pack? (Question was asked before the image leaked)

- Any Plans to reuse Typho for a generic trooper?

- Why are some heads cast in fleshtone while other are painted?

Head out to the front page for answers. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 13, 2009, 02:26 AM »
I know I'm in the minority but I think it's great that they want to do at least one TPM wave a year. The thread OCB made the other day made me realize there's sooooo much we need from that movie.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #969 on: June 13, 2009, 03:24 AM »
I'm not aagainst it myself.  I'm all for various resculpts and new obscurity from TPM.  Mos Espa has a LOT of goodness to it, lots of droids/aliens, and I think all the Naboo army builders are in need of some overhaul except the boring ass Naboo ground guys (red/yellow dudes).  The other three "Troopers" could use resculpting though for certain, and Panaka, and Purple Padme, and Jar Jar, and even mini Anakin could use an SA figure even though he is why that movie sucked (to me at least).

Add in things like Tey How, PK droids...  There's still a bit of stuff to cover with TPM.

I still maintain Sio Bibble is best left alone at this point though, and unless it's a coatless Valorum, I'm not really geeked on getting him resculpted either.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #970 on: June 14, 2009, 10:32 AM »
How does SSG keep getting to ask questions?  I'm surprised someone at Hasbro hasn't bitchslapped them ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #971 on: June 14, 2009, 03:13 PM »
I can't wait to read this one in the wrap-up already, haha.  I know some guys sorta get a hard-on about it and think that's somehow better reporting, but you don't have to be a dick to ask questions regarding things you aren't happy about.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #972 on: June 15, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Word has it (and keep this on the down-low, R. Kelly-style, please) that Hasbro's magic number is fourteen.  Meaning it takes asking fourteen questions about something to get them to change their minds on it.  SirSteve is currently at eleven questions regarding the death of the Titanium line.

Only three more Titanium questions to go, SSG!  Bring it back.  That line deserves to have no one giving a **** about it for years to come, not just months.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #973 on: June 15, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Meaning it takes asking fourteen questions about something to get them to change their minds on it.  

How many left until we get a death star playset, new vintage figures, and realistic style sculpted clone wars figures?  Surely those have hit the 14 cap?  Or is the 14 cap per site in one calendar year?  

???
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:50 PM by Jeff »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #974 on: June 15, 2009, 12:53 PM »
It's in one calendar year, which sounds tough, but if you submit multiple questions about one topic in the same session, it makes it much easier.  We could have all those things you mentioned in as little as five sessions that way.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 12:53 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."