Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305777 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #975 on: June 15, 2009, 04:14 PM »
They're gonna nip it in the bud by not having 14 sessions in a year at some point.

When do we hit the magic mark for Fleet Trooper questions?  I want my Fleet Trooper.

EDIT:  I see someone also tried hard to cram the analogy of the ST playsets into SW too as well up in Matt's compiled list of Q&A's (thanks Matt, as always).  I was wondering when the ST playsets, which technically only the transporter comes even remotely close to what people want (the "bridge" is a plastic playmat with some fairly cheap chairs/screens), was going to come up.  I bought both myself, and neither translates to Star Wars and what's needed to push a set, at all. 

Not to mention they're not selling anyway as near as I can tell.

Only Target and TRU have them, and they're selling at neither.  WM isn't even selling them in my area (I could be a minority there?) it seems.  The line's supposedly doing well according to Playmates too regardless what people believe to the contrary, but the sets don't seem to be doing much.  The Transporter's genuinely great too, in every way.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:30 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 15, 2009, 06:00 PM »
When do we hit the magic mark for Fleet Trooper questions?  I want my Fleet Trooper.

And I want my Fleet Trooper.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 16, 2009, 10:10 AM »
IB Spoiler:

Notice Pitt has a rope marks on his neck there. No one in the movie will ever talk about it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:11 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 16, 2009, 11:21 AM »
Rope marks huh?  Watching the trailer I thought it was supposed to be a throat slashing scar.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 16, 2009, 11:33 AM »
No one talks about the throat injury.   >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #980 on: June 16, 2009, 12:22 PM »
That movie looks really stupid, from the looks of it it's going to be a mindless over the top violence & gore flick. Hopefully it will be better than his last few flicks, because they were real turd buglers. I am surprised Pitt's doing this.

Back to SW:
I am getting a little concerned over the 2nd Hoth Rebel like many others, I hope he is at least coming out in the fall wave like the 2nd Ugnaught. some site has to get this clarified before SDCC.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #981 on: June 16, 2009, 12:50 PM »
I am getting a little concerned over the 2nd Hoth Rebel like many others, I hope he is at least coming out in the fall wave like the 2nd Ugnaught. some site has to get this clarified before SDCC.

Unless someone asked about him last Friday (6/12), we won't find out via the Q&A since (according to the most recent schedule) there is only one set of answers left between now and SDCC (answers on 7/2).

I am assuming that what they said for ugnaught #2 would also apply for the HRT #2 with him showing up in a Fall wave someplace.  I will put out a few feelers and see if we can confirm that is the case...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:50 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 16, 2009, 12:51 PM »
Rope marks huh?  Watching the trailer I thought it was supposed to be a throat slashing scar.

Not according to the script. Which is awesome, BTW.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #983 on: June 16, 2009, 01:09 PM »

Unless someone asked about him last Friday (6/12), we won't find out via the Q&A since (according to the most recent schedule) there is only one set of answers left between now and SDCC (answers on 7/2).

I am assuming that what they said for ugnaught #2 would also apply for the HRT #2 with him showing up in a Fall wave someplace.  I will put out a few feelers and see if we can confirm that is the case...
I reckon both will be part of the ESB Willrow wave...let's hope though that they don't take the spot of another 2 figures and are just additions to the 6 or 8 figures coming

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 16, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Like others, I just hope that 2nd Hoth Rebel is easy to find.  I picked up several of beardo, but I'd rather have more of the more generic version to build out the ranks.  I still haven't seen any of these at retail (or this wave, aside from a lone Needa), but I've been able to get some via BBTS and HTS.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 16, 2009, 06:18 PM »
I wouldn't be too worried about finding anything in this line... as long as you're looking actively, that is.  I can't remember a figure being hard to find since Revan/Malak.  And before that it was Ephant Mon.  Hasbro has a pretty good track record of producing a crapload of this stuff.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 16, 2009, 06:27 PM »
I wouldn't be too worried about finding anything in this line... as long as you're looking actively, that is.  I can't remember a figure being hard to find since Revan/Malak.  And before that it was Ephant Mon.  Hasbro has a pretty good track record of producing a crapload of this stuff.

I think it depends on where you live.  I still haven't seen an FX-6 in stores. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #987 on: June 16, 2009, 06:37 PM »

I think it depends on where you live.  I still haven't seen an FX-6 in stores. 

I never saw him either, and have yet to see a Hoth Rebel or ESB Leia. And I've not seen any of the other wave 6 figures more than twice.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #988 on: June 16, 2009, 09:22 PM »
I second the "where you live" sentiment...  Talk to almost anyone in the Northeast and the Wave 6 ESB figures are pretty scarce here.  Hoth Soldiers are non-existant too, when you do find the wave.  That's not a "new" wave at this point either.  It's been out for a bit now in other areas, but here we are and JUST this past week the first sightings in Pittsburgh occurred...  at two Wal-Marts.  Nowhere else in the area, has this wave shown up.

Wave 7...  Hah.  Not even thinking it's in the vicinity yet here.

Target's have basically got a lock on new stuff showing up here at all it seems too.  I haven't seen a new CW, Legends, or Legacy figure on pegs at those stores in ages.  TRU...  They're few and far between so trips to them aren't common.  They also never have much.

WM's it, and WM is pretty dry...

I'm not saying to "worry", but I think if you just want a set and see them show up on HasbroToyShop or somewhere, get them there.  Unfortunately my desire for extras of Needa, Hoth Rebel, and so on, make it a little more complex for me.  Fortunately one of the WM's that got them in I happened upon, but I know others locally who've not seen them at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 17, 2009, 02:16 PM »
I agree, where you live is a big factor obviously.  But in this day and age, you can find the stuff online via ebay, an online store or through other collectors.  I see a lot of people saying how bad they want the stuff and can't find it... which sucks but I do think most of it is attainable.