Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 307249 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1035 on: October 7, 2009, 07:13 PM »
That I can answer, and say that no it cannot be re-used...  not in the injection-molding process at least.

Probably not eco-friendly, no...  then again Hasbro's never claimed to be a green company either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1036 on: October 23, 2009, 06:36 PM »
The Latest

- EpII History and Updates
- Zam Wessel?
- Captain Antilles?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1037 on: October 23, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1038 on: October 23, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Good stuff on the Saga Line history...I don't think any figure represents crap more than this:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29 PM »
I dunno, this one's always been one of my favorites:

NOT.

BTW, thanks for FINALLY asking not one, but TWO Zam Wesell questions. I've been requesting that one as long as I've been on this forum. 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1040 on: October 23, 2009, 08:23 PM »
Where's  a picture of Eeth Koth when i need one
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1041 on: October 23, 2009, 09:07 PM »
I actually found a use for the Eeth Koth.  He's fighting a Super Battle Driod on my windowsill.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #1042 on: October 23, 2009, 09:28 PM »
No new SA Bespin Han until 2011.  >:(

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

The 30th Anniversary of ESB and they do not have in in there. WTF!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 09:30 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 23, 2009, 09:42 PM »
I fear the "Other" Han will be the Cantina Han....

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 23, 2009, 09:54 PM »
No new SA Bespin Han until 2011.  >:(

Yeah, that stinks.  It's good that he is coming at some point of course but 2011 blows especially when the 30th ESB anniversary is next year and the Celebration V and all it would have been the perfect time.  But yeah, it will probably be ANH Han instead.  I don't get Hasbro sometimes.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1045 on: October 23, 2009, 10:02 PM »
There are a bunch of Saga stinkers and for the most part they have remedied the situation.  It almost sounds like carded collectors were being thought of more than loose collectors.  I wonder if there were carded people on the design team at the time?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 23, 2009, 10:37 PM »
No new SA Bespin Han until 2011.  >:(

Pretty disappointed about this one too.  I think in past Q and A's they were sort of hinting that way, but it seemed like the perfect to release this figures with the anniversary and everything last year.  I wonder what version of Han we'll see then?  I think in the last round of questions, they already said there was no ANH wave next year, so that takes care of a Ceremony Han or something like that.  Unless they are thinking of re-releasing the VTSC Hoth Han or Endor Han, I would think it might be a Carbonite (or pre-Carbonite) Han - or didn't they mention something (it might have been at Han's Hideout as well) about the "Hoth Hangar bay" version of Han with the open coat/etc.?

Otherwise, some cool stuff in the Q and A's again this time.  I noticed a couple more answers continuing to list the problems with getting Legacy to retail, and how the collector base is struggling.  Regardless, I'm still really looking forward to next year.  The figures have really been top notch lately, and some of the rumors/confirmations make for a nice lineup going forward.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1047 on: October 24, 2009, 01:47 PM »
At some point recently, can't remember where, Hasbro mentioned a Han they were working on which is a Hoth/Bespin Hybrid - basically wearing an open Hoth parka jacket.  Maybe that's what they're doing.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1048 on: October 24, 2009, 02:43 PM »
didn't they mention something (it might have been at Han's Hideout as well) about the "Hoth Hangar bay" version of Han with the open coat/etc.?

At some point recently, can't remember where, Hasbro mentioned a Han they were working on which is a Hoth/Bespin Hybrid

Brian was right, it was at HH:

3. Here's another Han Solo for your "parking lot" - what about combining the parts of Hoth Han and Bespin Han to give us an Echo Base Hangar Han Solo figure? One where he's wearing his brown pants (with yellow stripes) and the notorious Blue/Brown winter parka (hood down). Part Hoth Han, Part Bespin Han, but all good.

** Good spotting. That is one that we have our eyes on for a future version as well. Expect to see him within the next couple of years, most likely in the basic figure lineup.

As the author of that question and fan of all things Han Solo, I'd love an Echo Base Hangar Han...  but I think I'd rather have a new SA Bespin Han first.  Seems like the bigger need to me if they are looking for an ESB Han.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 24, 2009, 06:45 PM »
As the author of that question and fan of all things Han Solo, I'd love an Echo Base Hangar Han...  but I think I'd rather have a new SA Bespin Han first.  Seems like the bigger need to me if they are looking for an ESB Han.

Yeah, I agree Jeff.  It sounds like a neat version, and I'll happily pick up a few when it is released, but I was really looking forward to that new Bespin Han Solo, maybe my favorite version/look for Han.  I thought that the anniversary of ESB would be a great time for it as well.  At least we know it is on the way in the next couple of years, and hopefully the "other" Han will end up being spiffy as well.  I think they are getting close to having the rest covered pretty well though at this point - with the exception of new ones like this possible Echo base version, or possibly a new Carbonite Han.

I'm wondering now from the various info and confirmations we've gotten over the past months via the Q and A's if we can start to "piece together" the TLC lineup for 2010.  We know that they are shooting in the 40-45 figure range, that there is a focus on ESB (I wonder if that means two waves), that there won't be an ANH wave in 2010, and that there must be a ROTJ wave (with the Wooof and Gam. Guard confirmations).  I'm sure there is more information I'm forgetting/missing, but we might start to get a better idea of what is on the way next year.  There are some individual figure confirmations we've gotten that might help sort things out a bit too (like this week's answer that there will be some sort of Han Solo next year).  I'm sort of surprised there haven't been any "rumor lists" for next year yet, as we're almost to November now.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:58 PM by Brian »