Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305800 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1050 on: October 24, 2009, 08:50 PM »
A new carbonite Han would be most welcome in my book.  The last TESB version as a basic figure was in the POTF2 line.  They could easily get away with repainting the TSC carbonite block and retooling one of the vintage Han Solo's for a new (or at least kitbashed) carbonite Han Solo.  But I am disappointed about the delay on the Bespin Han.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 16, 2009, 07:49 PM »
Yakface has a nice round of questions up for this round of Q and A, but I was a little disappointed that the rumored new Taun Taun is being scrapped.  Hopefully it will get another chance in the future, although the anniversary of Empire next year would have made a nice time for it.  It does sound like Jabba is on the way though, which is great news (and hopefully it is well worth the wait).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1052 on: November 16, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Wow - confirming no Bespin Han in 2010 last week and no Taun-Taun upgrade in 2010 this week? 

They're really going all out for ESB's 30th Anniversary!    :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1053 on: November 16, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Jedi Defender's Q&A Session is posted for this round...

-Why are the pins not always the right color?
-Octuparra & AT-TE Repaints?
-Why are more Pegwarmers Shipping after you cleared them, and will you clear these out too?

Click the link above to read the answers, and enjoy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 16, 2009, 10:43 PM »
Hm, if the Octuptarra isn't selling so well, I would say it's due more to the price bump than the toy itself. Everyone I know who has bought one has loved it. Sounds like a one and done...bummer.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1055 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48 PM »
I'm a little disappointed at that answer as well.  I like it, and even at the price I like it, but I'd like a ROTS deco better than the CW one, and I'm sad we won't be getting htat it appears.

It is a stagnant toy though.  Not moving much locally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 16, 2009, 11:09 PM »
Ironic that they're threatening to not re-release the Octuparra droid because of the lackluster sales when a lot of people (myself included) aren't interested in the EU deco and are holding out for a ROTS accurate one.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1057 on: November 16, 2009, 11:20 PM »
I mean I can see why they painted it the way they did, but I don't know that a movie deco would've done worse either so that is kind of humorous. 

It's definitely not selling and I think a lot of it is the price like others mentioned.  It hurts when it's $10 more than similar sized packages on the nearby shelf, and people don't really gather by the box just how big it is.  It makes me wonder if this had come in a large (or window?) type box, would it have done better at retail perhaps? 

There's a lot of construction to it so a window box maybe wouldn't have looked right.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 16, 2009, 11:48 PM »
I'm a little disappointed at that answer as well.  I like it, and even at the price I like it, but I'd like a ROTS deco better than the CW one, and I'm sad we won't be getting htat it appears.

It's super overpriced at $35.  I like the looks of the toy but geez $35 for a $25 toy tops is what enters my mind.  I blame Wal-Mart soley for this debacle  :'(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 17, 2009, 09:58 AM »
Yep, I would also add that Walmart deserves some blame for not actually sticking these in the proper SW section too. Like the Dewbacks and AT-ST, I find these things scattered all over their toy department. Even if you wanted one it is hard to find in some locations. And then again there are some stores with tons sitting on an endcap.

If they drop the price, I'll be tempted to buy another one just to open it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 17, 2009, 10:57 AM »

It's super overpriced at $35.  I like the looks of the toy but geez $35 for a $25 toy tops is what enters my mind.  I blame Wal-Mart soley for this debacle  :'(

completely agree.  I am waiting for this to drop a bit in price.  I would buy at $25.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 17, 2009, 11:04 AM »
I think the Octuptarra Droid is a little overpriced when compared to the Dewback and AT-ST but thought it was worth it.  It's a pretty awesome toy and it is huge.  I normally don't like window boxes, but this one was a candidate for that treatment, just to show it off and you could really see what you were getting for your money.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 17, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Wow - confirming no Bespin Han in 2010 last week and no Taun-Taun upgrade in 2010 this week? 

They're really going all out for ESB's 30th Anniversary!    :P

Yeah, they seem to be cancelling all these big ESB redos that I was looking forward to the most.  I just hope we don't hear that the all-new Snowspeeder got shelved as well.  We keep hearing about these big ESB anniversary plans, but some of these (Han, Taun Taun, etc.) really seem like they would have been great inclusions for next year.  Hopefully they've got some surprises in store.  I have to say, there doesn't seem to be many rumor lists going around for 2010, compared to other years.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1063 on: November 18, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Thought I'd post this in here as well.

Adam P. at 16bit.com confirmed that TODO 360 was intended to be included with Cad Bane but was dropped due to costing issues. Fortunately, they are looking to release him/it somehow in 2010.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #1064 on: November 18, 2009, 10:02 AM »
Thought I'd post this in here as well.

Adam P. at 16bit.com confirmed that TODO 360 was intended to be included with Cad Bane but was dropped due to costing issues. Fortunately, they are looking to release him/it somehow in 2010.

Battlepack fodder.