Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A Sessions  (Read 305835 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Hasbro Q&A Sessions
« Reply #1425 on: November 12, 2011, 04:16 AM »
Maybe with the CW slowdown, they'll reship harder-to-find figures like Seripas, Chewbacca, and the armored Savage Opress. At least. this guy hopes so.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 12, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Maybe with the CW slowdown, they'll reship harder-to-find figures like Seripas, Chewbacca, and the armored Savage Opress. At least. this guy hopes so.

No, they already blew that by deciding to re-release the Shirtless version rather than the one going for 80$ on eBay right now.  ::)

Chewbacca is being carried forward, but being that we already know 14 of the 19 figures for next year, they better not use ANY of those remaining five spots for repacks.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #1427 on: November 12, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Do we have a breakdown on the figures?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 17, 2011, 08:36 AM »
I'm sorry if this was covered, but did any of the sites ask about the whereabouts of all of the Fall 2011 WalMart exclusives? (deluxe sets, DVD 2-packs, "ultimate" Clone Wars gift set)?

And if so, what was the answer?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 17, 2011, 09:55 AM »
I'm sorry if this was covered, but did any of the sites ask about the whereabouts of all of the Fall 2011 WalMart exclusives? (deluxe sets, DVD 2-packs, "ultimate" Clone Wars gift set)?

And if so, what was the answer?

No one asked about them this round I don't think, but JTA ran a pretty cool investigative report a week or two back that explored this very question.

Essentially, no one has any idea where these things are hiding, but they are not cancelled. Hasbro says they should be on the shelves already, based on some kind of "available by" date. Walmart does not have the UPC #'s for any of them in their computers yet though.

Obviously the things have been produced, packaged and shipped, but they're probably in that warehouse next to the Lost Ark of the Covenant.  ::)

Most speculation seems to be that these things were possibly held back by Walmart to be released closer to the holidays, but being that next week is Thanksgiving, it would be stupid of them to wait much longer, IMO.

I'm still wondering where the hell that Mando Attack Shuttle is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1430 on: December 6, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Another round of sound from Hasbro...

-Will you seriously be closing the book on the original CW Micro Series?  You know you want to do more as generic names! :P

-19 CW figures?  That seems...  sort of lame.

Find all the answers to this, and nothing else, right here!

I'm not honestly shocked at either answer, just disappointed in #1...  #2, I kind of figured that was it, but at least that seals it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1431 on: December 6, 2011, 02:21 PM »
I liked Scum's answer on the Noghri/Wookiee pack...  I've really wanted to get that set.  It is probably the ONLY set I was really excited about back at the end of the line.  Of course, it's the set to get canned.  ::)

So now we are here with word they like it, it's not tooled, but they're gonna try getting it out.  That sounds promising.  I'm down for probably 3 of it anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 6, 2011, 02:58 PM »
As a vintage only collector I am happy to know a better Jar Jar is coming.  Toy Fair can't come soon enough.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 6, 2011, 03:17 PM »

Seriously though - I'd dig a sa jar jar just for the heck of it.  Seems as though we've all accepted the PT dudes on vinty cards so why not..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 6, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Another site's Q&A says no Ackbar or Tarkin planned...sadly, that's not surprising.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1435 on: December 6, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Well.  Shoot.

I get it, the heat is on the movie, so invest there.  It's too bad we won't see as much from the CW line, which let's face it, has been the engine of the brand for a few years now.  It's also been very fun, which the movie stuff simply isn't.  It's more work, or obligation sometimes, until something comes along like the Gammie Guard or Ponda Baba and you're amazed that you can be amazed.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 6, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Another site's Q&A says no Ackbar or Tarkin planned...sadly, that's not surprising.

You mean CW, right?  They hinted that the TVC Tarkin will be revealed maybe relatively soon...

Q2. Dear Hasbro , When are you going to finally put out Grand Moff Tarkin from A New Hope on a Vintage Card? That figure has been rumored to be on a vintage collection cardback for years since the vintage collection line started and we still haven’t gotten it yet. When can we expect to see its release and what accessories will he include? Will he be released in the 2012 Movie Heroes assortment as well? And since we’ve waited so long, how about an image of the carded figure?

A2. We agree that Grand Moff Tarkin is an excellent candidate for a carded Vintage Collection figure…expect more details at New York Toy Fair.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1437 on: December 6, 2011, 09:41 PM »
Yeah, I think they meant CW.

I was thinking, 19 figures for CW, it just doesn't seem like it adds up.  Unless I'm missing something, since there are 12 figures in a case, the majority of the 2012 line will be available 1/30 and ship for the rest of the year.  More or less.  Aside from say 4 or 5 figures sometime in the fall most likely, the line will be awfully stagnant. 

Does that make sense?  Am I overthinking it?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 6, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Yeah, it's weak sauce for sure. When they switched to the Shadows of the Darkside packaging back in 2010, 15 of the first 19 carded Clone Wars figures released were straight repacks. They always seem to frontload the line like this with a reset.

I could see them trawling out 14 figures for the first two waves of the year, and then 5 more figures in a separate wave to keep us all occupied from April-December.  ::)

Three whole waves for 2012...is this what the Mayans were talking about?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #1439 on: December 7, 2011, 07:47 PM »
I think because CW is aimed at kids, that they don't really need to make many more figures.  Sure, I could think of dozens I'd like, but the kids want the clones, and heroes.  At this point, the line should be mostly profit with little development of new product.  It's a cash cow. 

But, my interest is much lower, while I still dig the show. 

Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com