Author Topic: Your Judicial Philosophy  (Read 9868 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Your Judicial Philosophy
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2006, 12:44 PM »
Still, what do these tort cases have to do with judicial, or political for that matter, philosophy?

I'm a liberal, Democrat, ambulance chasing trial lawyer, and I say MySpace has no liability.  What's your point?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2006, 01:08 PM »
Perhaps what the good Doctor was trying to say is that in a lot of cases, some one's oppinions might influence their philosophy in court to a point. Not all cases, as you've all put a point on it.

I can attest that when my grandpa was a Judge, he let his politics get in the way some times. Somthing I gave him hell about often.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Alright... as much as I'd like to let this go on all day long because I love discussing politics with you guys - you all know the rules.

Please make it stop, or convince Chris and the gang to let us have a special area to continue it in or something - but don't make me use the stupid padlock crap...

Alright.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Thanks doc.

Let me just emphasize the part where I'd love to keep going all day long for years on end - in circles, like a dog chasing its tail - like W&P.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Thanks doc.

Let me just emphasize the part where I'd love to keep going all day long for years on end - in circles, like a dog chasing its tail - like W&P.

Oh there's nothing better.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2006, 03:36 PM »
*sigh*

The good ol' days...  :'(
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 02:58 AM »
I think that the 19 year old should be put in prision for the rest of his life.  The child shouldn't be allowed on the internet unattended, and her myspace account should be deleted.  As for myspace.com, it shouldn't be sued, but shut down.  There have been so many cases like this, and you really don't know who's watching your profile. 

I also use myspace, but it's only for chicks and friends.  I can live easily without it, and all of my pictures are just my head and my shoulders.  I do worry about my sister, because her pictures are worse than mine.

Really myspace shouldn't even be on the net, because it's just too much of a risk for teenagers.  Myspace goers get younger every day, and these people are usually more nieve (sp???) than the older ones.
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2006, 03:53 AM »
Please make it stop, or convince Chris and the gang to let us have a special area to continue it in or something - but don't make me use the stupid padlock crap...

While I would personally love to see a War and Politics forum, I can understand the staff's concern, given with how W&P went at RS.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2006, 10:07 AM »
I think that the 19 year old should be put in prision for the rest of his life.  The child shouldn't be allowed on the internet unattended, and her myspace account should be deleted.  As for myspace.com, it shouldn't be sued, but shut down.  There have been so many cases like this, and you really don't know who's watching your profile. 

Yeah! Shut down MySpace because a perpetrator went there to commit a crime!

... And let's tear up all of the sidewalks in town, too! I understand bad stuff has happened on them more than once. If there are no more sidewalks, the bad guys won't have anywhere to be bad anymore!

... And banks! Let’s close all the banks so criminals will stop robbing them!
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth_Deastron

• Jedi Initiate
  • Let the hate flow through you.
    • View Profile
    • The Sith Empire
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Not like that.  This site's used for bad things, but I guess your sarcasm sorta showed me that it's not right to shut it down.  I just think that parents should be more responsible for what their kids are doing. 
FS: TSE Sith Holocron Props!  Cool heartbeat glow! PM me if you're interested.

The Sith Empire

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Mmmmm.  Just for good measure we should ban the night as well.  More crime happens in darkness so 24 hours of sunshine would be better.  I'll call my congressman.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2006, 04:46 PM »
As a liberal, and therefore a supporter of all things evil, it is my duty, Dressel, to point out that banning the night is unfair to vampires.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2006, 05:10 PM »

More important than the Vampires, banning the night would destroy the livelihood of murderers, theives, rapists, and thugs everywhere.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2006, 10:29 PM »
As a liberal, and therefore a supporter of all things evil, it is my duty, Dressel, to point out that banning the night is unfair to vampires.

I know you guys don't like punishing villains, but now you've just taken your support for them just a little too far.

:)