Author Topic: A Complete Collection  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
A Complete Collection
« on: May 30, 2003, 08:16 PM »
who here has a complete collection of figures?
or at one point had one?

i recall a time back int eh 90's, before episode 1 came out...
i had every figure there was available and all the ships and sets and whatnot that Kenner offered.

it ended when i never found that damn mon motha... never did either. i don't like her anyway  :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: A Complete Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2003, 08:32 PM »
Most people here already know that I'm an avidly obsessive compulsive carded and loose completist.  That entails every figure of the modern era.

I don't get into the real serious variations and production errors though.  Just some of the intentional figure or card changes like bloody hand Bespin Luke, Endor Han brown/blue pants (and soon Hoth Han w/ brown/blue coat), white/silver belt lever on Han, Yoda w/ "Episode 1" text, Theater Luke, etc.  I do pick up all the carded figure rehashes whenever they hit new cards though (not another loose though, unless the figure or accessories changed as well).  Still need 5 freeze frame figures to polish off that little issue, including, of course, the highly coveted FF Weequay.  Ouch.

All the vehicles, beasts, playsets, and everything else in the 4" line too of course.

The only thing I still need (as evidenced by my wants list) to complete the standard modern line is another Episode 1 Battle Amidala to open for the loose collection.  That's it.  She's the current thorn in my side to carded and loose modern completion, and like everything else that I've acquired in my collection over the past 8 years, I absolutely refuse to pay more than a buck or so over retail to acquire her.  So I'll just continue to be patient and wait for another great deal to come my way!  But I have a lot of good friends and trading buddies who I owe some serious thanks to for hooking me up with some of the VHTF stuff that I never saw in stores!

In the world of Vintage collecting, I only need a loose Yakface to complete my entire loose set.  Haven't quite yet started the carded collecting there, but I plan to soon - and am somewhat dreading it (cost-wise).  But it'll be fun!   8)  So that's me in an obsessive compulsive collecting disorder nutshell...   :P
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 09:02 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2003, 11:04 PM »
That's real impressive, JediMAC.  I'm not a completist myself.  I have most of the modern line, what few vintage figures survived my childhood, and I pass on what doesn't appeal to me, or if I already have it.  

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 11:20 PM »
I started off after Ep1 so the only real complete era of collecting that I have are from Ep1 though POTJ for the regular 3 3/4 line and I have all of the 12" Ep1 figures.  I'm almost finished with one of my side collection that I have going with the Bonus Droid figures, I just need about 7 more Battle droids and 1 Pit Droid to go after that I'm finish with all of my Ep1 stuff unless I start to collect the 2" figures from Asia.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 05:15 PM »
I have a complete set of Vintage figures loose.
All the Ewok cartoon figures loose.
all but four of the Droids cartoon figures.
and all of the POTF2 -> Present released figures loose.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 05:20 PM »
I have a complete carded set from POTJ and up, and a complete loose collection from POTF2 and up. Two vintage carded figures, and miscellaneous loose figures
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2003, 08:21 PM »
Let's see...

I don't collect vintage, but I do have about 50 or so figures from my childhood, with some vehicles that are in horrible condition.

I do have an Imperial Shuttle though in spectacular condition that I bought about 3 years ago, and a Sandcrawler that is in fair-good condition.

As for modern, I collect about 99.9% of everything and collect loose.  There are a few here and there that I do pass on though, such as the flipping deluxe figures and that damn new R2D2.  If I think something totally sucks, I'll pass on it.

I will also be passing on the Bounty Hunter 4-pk, I don't need to throw away $20 on that at all.  Bad decision Hasbro!!  Boo!! Boooo!!! ;)

:P

obi_robz

« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2003, 07:45 AM »
I’m working on a complete set of basic figures from Episode One onwards (loose and carded). I don’t chase variations, and also I suppose I can’t be a “complete” completist because I still have a few gaps that I’m not too obsessed about filling.

My Episode One collection is complete carded, but I still need a couple of BD variants for my loose collection. POTJ is complete loose and I only need Obi-Wan Jedi and R2-D2 NE for a full carded set. With Saga, I have all the basic carded figs released so far in the UK (up to the Aayla wave), but I’m still a fair way behind on loose – because of the cost in the UK, I have to wait for my “doubles” to show up at clearance, or loose on eBay. I also still need the blonde IO, but I’m not too worried if I miss out (I’m certainly not going to pay over the odds to get one).

So I suppose I can’t really call myself an obsessive completist when I have almost nothing pre-ep1, and when I’ve decided to let quite a lot of stuff pass me by.

:)

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2003, 09:20 AM »
I have all of the vintage figures except 4 POTF figs (Luke Stormtrooper, R2 w/ Saber, Imperial Gunner, 9D9). I will get those when the modern line is finished.

I have a complete set of modern figures loose from 95 to now except new the Jedi Padawan sets and the Red battle Droid.  

Highlights of my modern loose collection are:
1.both sets of the pit droid 3 packs
2.Qui-Gon with Eopie
3.FAO Darth Maul (not that it was sweet or something, its just somewhat rare)
4.on order are the Cantina set wave 2 which may be rare for awhile at least).

I have a few nice carded pieces too.  Jorge Sucal, TF Vader,
Bloody Luke, Tan vest Luke, a few Long Sabers.