Author Topic: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter  (Read 23869 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Although it may not be feasible build a full scale At-At, I'd still blow my away if they tried. I've always thought that it can be sold in sections/play-sets. Sell the Head and the body separately, each a functioning play-set, and then mail away for the legs.

Anything.  Anything at all.  I'd go for that idea.  For ****'s sake they're still selling us the exact same 26 year old piece of crap I had when I was 3 years old.  I used to sit down on the living room floor in my footsie pajamas watching the original Incredible Hulk and Dukes of Hazzard shows playing with the exact same AT-AT that they're putting on the shelves today.  I'm actually annoyed that people are still supporting this.  When does it end?  If Target comes out with an exclusive AT-AT next year with 3 figures this time and a slightly different paint job, are you all gonna go running to the stockroom with DCPI numbers to score that one too?  I read through the thread and see entries like "it looks great!" and I'm just wondering who is the optometrist that is serving these posters.

Ha ha, I think I'm still pissed I forked over $45 for 2 TIE wings that they should have been putting on the cockpit since 1995.

The standards for vehicles are about as low as they could possibly be.  That's the thing.
Continued here.  Notice the proportion of the head to the body in Hasbro's version, compared to what an AT-AT really looks like.  It's not even a SIZE issue of the vehicle.  It's a proportion issue.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:38 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2006, 10:40 AM »
I'll see your rant about the AT-AT, and I'll raise you an AT-ST, sir! ;)

They really, really, REALLY need to resculpt these things. But hey, at least they aren't releasing the same outdated vintage body sculpt like they're doing with GI-JOE. Imagine if they resculpted the GI-JOE characters with the same quality and detail as Star Wars?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 8, 2006, 11:41 AM »
I must have seen 50 Tie fighters in the shelves since my last post and still have not seen one with the Saga version. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 8, 2006, 08:36 PM »
C'mon, it's not feasible ($$ and space wise) to do a "scale" toy AT-AT!

Tell that to the collectors that pay $500 or so for the high end Star Wars collectibles like Master Replica or whatever they are.

I got space, and I got money for it, right now.  Bring it.

At least do better than what they're doing.  Twice the size, at least.
Yeah, if I want a gun or saber I just buy one for $20 from Hasbro. Hasbro's are pretty acurate.

Yes, an accurate AT-AT has space for a guy like me who just begun mid- ROTS. (A.K.A. Me). I think I'll probally end up getting one of these as an B-day or X-mas gift, since these are as bad as the MFs.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2006, 08:37 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: October 9, 2006, 04:02 PM »
I'm noticing that the TIE Fighter is selling a bit more steadily than the AT-AT and X-Wing are...  I'm a little surprised, not so much about the AT-AT but the X-Wing.  The XW you get 2 arguably new figures, new accessories, and a ship that is a vast improvement in several ways compared to the past version of said ship.

With the TIE Fighter, you get a new paintjob...  that's about it...  on a ship you bought last year for a similar price or less if you found it on clearance.

I dunno...  Seems to me, from a toy buying perspective, that the XW is the better deal (though neither are fantastic at $45).  The TIE Is my ship of choice as well though because it's actually to-scale, and sure I want two, but even I have to admit that the XW has the greater appeal as a toy I would think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 9, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Jesse, I noticed the same thing... seems like the TIE is selling the most units.  The AT-AT, X-wings, and Clone Wars Gunships are really starting to pile up.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 9, 2006, 07:42 PM »
My TRU currently is down to just 4 TIE's, but has 9 CW gunships, 17 XW's, and 25 AT AT's.

Looks like I might have to buy my 2nd TIE this week.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I've noticed ho well the TIE's are shipping as well, but to date, I have still not seen one with the Saga Pilot.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2006, 02:52 PM »
I've noticed ho well the TIE's are shipping as well, but to date, I have still not seen one with the Saga Pilot.

Chalk me up in the TIE Fighter = Sales column, too.  The local TRU has gotten a few cases of each of their exclusives, but the TIE seems to sell quicker than any of them.  We have two TIEs on the shelves here right now (both POTF2 pilots; although we have gotten more with Saga Pilots than anything else), but double digits on the X-Wing, Gunship, and AT-AT.  I find that pretty unusual, especially since the TIE was released only a year ago, and it's been at least 6 years since an AT-AT was on store shelves, and 3 since a properly-scaled X-Wing was released.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2006, 05:23 AM »
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that found the version with the Saga Pilot.

I like the TIE a lot and I believe it may be my favorite vehicle/ship Hasbro has cranked out. Accurate scale, like most everyone else here, really does it for me. Now if we could just get a scale X-Wing to go along with it that would be grand. If the TIEs weren't $45 a pop I'd have bought two of each color. At $45 they are overpriced by at least $15. Hell the old Gunships sold for $30 awhile back, and they have significantly more parts, both moving and stationary.

I've passed on both the X-Wing and the At-AT for now. I may pick up the X-wing just for the monster and the rest of the pack ins someday if it is ever clearanced off, but I have absolutely NO desire for that AT-AT. It looks completely ridiculous.
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2006, 09:06 PM »
but I have absolutely NO desire for that AT-AT. It looks completely ridiculous.

Man, that is refreshing to see.  I just haven't seen the outrage that this 26 year old sculpt deserves.  Hasbro should take a flamethrower to that bull**** sculpt and make something that's not an eyesore.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 05:25 PM »
To me there is worse out there than the AT-AT, plus the size of it is prohibitive to a new sculpt I think...  It's just too involved.  For me the outrage is saved for the AT-ST which doesn't even resemble the vehicle on Endor all that much.

The AT-AT still sucks balls though and I'm definitely not buying one...  :)

What I'm shocked at is that I was at TRU the other day...  Not one TIE left.  ALl gone.  $45 and all TIE's are gone.  Hasbro has blown TIE's out the door in the past (KB's TIE, the POTF2, etc.) but the new one for some reason was popular at TRU this year.  I would like 2 honestly, but it's shaping up like I won't get 1 if i don't act soon here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2006, 10:39 AM »
My TRU has been restocking the TIE after they first waves sold out.  They may still be available in the future :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2006, 03:28 PM »
I have seen both the POTF and Saga Tie Pilot, but when I went to purchase, couldn't find the Saga one....but I snagged one the other day during the get a free figure promo.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2006, 11:44 PM »

What I'm shocked at is that I was at TRU the other day...  Not one TIE left.  ALl gone.  $45 and all TIE's are gone. 

my toys r us has 3,869,422, right below the 11,022,444 dagobah x-wings and above the 1,000,006 cw gunships, towards the left of the 767,832,948 gb 3po's.  :P  ::)

about a third are the saga version, the rest are all potf2.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!