Author Topic: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter  (Read 23917 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: TSC White TIE Fighter
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 10:40 PM »
I agree with the Saga pilot being better, but not by much. The arms suck on the Saga Tie Pilot. I don't have one of these bigger wing Ties yet, but I might get this one.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 07:03 AM »
The fighter is, if my monitor isn't tricking me or the pictures aren't bad, a light grey...  There's no white on the toy.  There's no white TIE Fighter in Star Wars either.  If you've seen the prop(s) in person actually, you see the color is a light grey, and so were the X & Y-Wing fighters too.

The pilot I about expected considering it's what we got last time...  I prefer the OTC TIE Pilot because the sculpt is lightyears ahead of the POTF2 Pilot...  The arms are indeed wonky on the OTC TIE Pilot.  I'd love that figure re-released with the upcoming Death Star Gunner's arms...  To me, that's not perfect but damn close. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 12:21 PM »
It's amazing how much better that OTC sculpt is. I was moving the troops around the other day, and it just stood out and made the others look like junk.

I was convinced we wouldn't see this ship again for a long time, so I grabbed two to flank Darth's TIE. I don't think the new color will be that big of an improvement, I hate to think about dropping another 80 bucks just to upgrade the paint.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Honestly the paint's a downgrade to me...  the blue-hue hulls are more prevalant in Star Wars since they're the TIE's we see in ESB and ROTJ...  The greys are nice since they're film accurate too but I prefer the blue myself.

I'm now going to get two grey to flank Vader's TIE, no doubt, but only because that scene will require that.  I just hope we get a Vader's TIE with the grey deco because, well, that's what he should have. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 11:32 AM »
Is anyone else unhappy with the way the wings attach to the main body?  Mine are very wobbly and take some tinkering to remain straight.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 03:08 PM »
I only have that problem if I'm flying it around. When sitting, it's pretty stable.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 02:29 AM »
I've found that they can look right if you hang them right, or if sitting (how mine are at the moment, unfortunately), but they do sag due to the structural compromises of the ejecting panel mechanism.  They definitely give up sturdy support for the blast-off solar panels.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive TSC TIE Fighter
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 09:47 AM »
With help, I scored one of these. On the otheR Site, people are reporting finding them with OTC pilots, but no one has produced a picture yet. Mine had the POTF2 version. Not the POTJ version with the articulates knees mind you, the good old '96 release.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 12:00 PM »
I broke down and just superglued the wings on mine shut which made them look perfect (for the toys they are)  Mind you this was on the smaller ties and interceptors.  I had all of my ships hanging from the ceiling so I could care less about the "exploding" wings.  Never tried to glue the big tie's wings though I must say that the sagginess really detracts from an otherwise great looking ship.

Oh, and on topic I don't think I'll be picking this up as I already have the $30 Target version and could care less for the new color which would cost me $15 more.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Already have the '05 Target one so I don't need this one.

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 12:18 PM »
I was able to score a clearanced one at Target last year and was ready to pass.  But now you guys got me thinking about having two to flank Vader's ship........ :P 
Dammit!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 04:32 PM »
What's the price on these this time? If it's cheap, I'll pick it up, if not I'll be passing...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 04:40 PM »
$45
As for the Pilot, I saw a pic at RS of somebody that had an OTC pilot, the knees were clearly articulated.  I'll try to find it.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2006, 02:42 AM »
The POTF2 pilot got articulated knees made (for no real reason) as a pack-in figure as well...  Not that I've seen the figure, I'm just saying that both have articulated knees...  and the OTC's aren't as clearly articulated as the POTF2 resculpted ones are.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I saw this thing today. I have the Target version, so I won't be getting this one, but it's great that it's been rereleased for those who didn't get the one last year.

I kind of wish I would have skipped the Target version for this one, since I like this color a bit more.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk