Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263158 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« on: June 22, 2006, 05:39 AM »
New Swami predictions, including OT 2-packs.

It also says The Saga Collection "comes to an end"? Already? A unified line doesn't get any more unified than the whole Saga in one line... ???
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:56 AM by Jeff »

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: GH Swami Predicts EU, 2-Packs
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:37 AM »
THIS SUCKS, more prequel figures!!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 07:41 AM »
Hasbro's already confirmed at least several new EU figures for 2007 in their recent Q & A's with the various sites the last couple of weeks, so that's not really anything new there, other than they're supposedly going to be coming in 2-packs.

Hope those other OT 2-packs aren't rehashes, otherwise those will be virtually useless to many collectors.  I'm guessing they'll look like the POTJ 2-packs from a few years back, in scene-specific poses.  I also assume the RFT with Vader is actually Captain Antilles, otherwise that'd be a rather bizarre pairing.  Han and Chewie?  Bleh.  Don't need any more of those two.  They better be in a kickass pose if they want that one to actually sell at all.  If the Stormtrooper is VOTC, and if the Tarkin is an all-new OT sculpt, that pack would do very well.

Overall, not much to discuss here really.  Ho-hum...  :-\
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 07:46 AM by JediMAC »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 08:17 AM »
I wonder if the EU OT packs will be McQuarrie style?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 09:17 AM »
I hope the Tarkin is a new sculpt... I'd laugh my ass off if they just repainted the ROTS Tarkins hair gray, or repacked the POTF2 Tarkin. Wait, that's what they'll probably do. I predict that the Vader/Rebel Trooper and Stormtrooper/Tarkin will fly off the shelves, while the Han/Chewie will be pegwarming a fierce.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:23 AM »
I'm hoping for some new sculpts on the fleet trooper and Tarkin as well. Stinks that army builders are being stuck with non-army builders again though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 10:58 AM »
It will be interesting to see what these will end up being, I guess we'll find out at Comic-Con - or have a better idea at least.  Will there be an all "2 packs" line coming late this year/early next year, and if so, will it be all EU (I kind of doubt that).  Are these OT characters "EU" in any way, or just some sets to get the 2 pack line off to a start, with some EU ones sprinkled in later on?  I'm not overly familiar with these characters in various EU stories, but they could possibly be McQuarrie inspired versions (aside from Tarkin and RFT).  I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if they were repacks of VOTC versions, and it would be great to see a new Tarkin/RFT.  Or maybe its just a 2 pack of Cantina Han and Mynock Hunt Chewie :P.  Hopefully that won't be the case, but it will be interesting to see where this leads.  2 packs could be great if the choices make sense - like putting the Stormtrooper with the Rebel Trooper, and sticking Tarking with Vader instead.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 12:35 PM »
If that RFT is a new sculpt, still with poor articulation and likeness, I am going to be very worried about Jesse James.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:56 PM »
If these are actually EU versions on the character listed, this is what I would love:

Darth Vader and Rebel Fleet Trooper: White Darth Vader (from comics), and the Rebel could be anything.

Han Solo and Chewbacca: Maybe an NJO version of the two.

Stormtrooper and Tarkin: possibly some new type of Stormie, and a Tarkin resculpt. But how does that make Tarkin new? Hmm...
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 05:16 PM »
I wonder if the EU OT packs will be McQuarrie style?

I'd totally buy them if they were McQuarrie/Early Concept figure 2-packs... although all the "concept" Tarkin pics I've seen leave him less than intimidating.  Tarkin goes from Cushing's imposing overlord of the Death Star to... well, this guy:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 06:07 PM »
That guy looks exactly like this kid I know...EXACTLY like him!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 06:24 PM »
I've been a big champion of 2-packs for the line, so I'm not entirely disappointed in the idea being taken...  I know my buddy Bob's also suggested the idea among others out there...  I'm surprised it took Hasbro this long to look at 2-packs more seriously (not knowing what these really are though of course).  I've certainly made sure to mention the possibilities of these though in the past when I had the opportunity, but I agree with Jeff that packaging desireable with less than desireable seems odd.  Typically odd, but just like bad decision making...  I dunno.

No worries for me...  yet.  Thanks for the well-wishes.

To be honest I was thinking it'd be Capt. Antilles too, and that's just misinformation/lack of details, but hey it could be just an old Vader and old RFT...  To be honest I'd not be overly surprised if it was the buff one.  I think anything is possible no matter how dumb it may be though.  I try to stay optomistic on the possibilities and hope this is a mini-Evolutions idea on their part but I highly doubt anything of that level of quality is what we get.

Afterall the Kir Kanos set is neat to me, but it's not "new" either...  So if this is more of those, I'm fearful that a lot of it won't be "new" stuff, but rather rehashed pairings.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 09:17 PM »
Sure sounds like McQuarrie figures to me which would make me happier than Virex eating a McDonald's Hamburger

I'm pretty sure the RFT and Tarkin could be based off concept art like Jeff showed above (check out the SW Chronicles Book)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Well if its concept figures that sucks in my opinion. Thats not EU in my book. I hope we get some actualy EU charatcers.  >:(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 10:15 PM »
I just want a Rebel Fleet Trooper that is SA with a great sculpt, give it the VOTC treatment... is that too much too ask?

A Vader/Fleet Trooper worries me.  Sounds to me like a repacked Vader with a repacked SAGA Captain Antilles.

:)