Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263770 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #255 on: February 7, 2007, 09:21 AM »
While running around this weekend looking for Wave 9/WM Exclusive Waves, I noticed that not a single store in our town (2 Targets, 2 WMs, TRU, KB, etc.) is currently carrying the Comic 2 Packs.  Again, like I mentioned earlier, maybe its just our area - but I haven't seen these since I found my set at Target at the end of December.  I don't believe that any of the stores even have peg space for them right now, although I'm sure that will change once Wave 2 starts shipping.  I'm just wondering if this first wave was somewhat rare, or if they just sold well/quickly in our area.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 7, 2007, 09:40 AM »
I'm just wondering if this first wave was somewhat rare, or if they just sold well/quickly in our area.

Target hasn't gotten them in as far as I know yet, though they've had pegs for them for more than a month. TRU and WM though have been getting a case at a time and they've been selling out quickly, but I think that's due to them not having saturated the marked quite yet, at least in my area.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 7, 2007, 09:42 AM »
I think they sold well - to collectors and parents.  You can't argue with $5 figures (and the bonus comic).  All of our pegs are empty - sans Target who only has two of the Vader packs (only because it shipped six per case...)

I know I'm still looking for the Han Stormie set.   :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 7, 2007, 12:38 PM »
I stumbled across all 3 sets by chance this past weekend. Out of 7 stores I visited only one had them. These are either undershipped, understocked, or very popular. (I'm wagering on a mixture of the three)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Comic Packs: Exclusives?
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2007, 10:36 PM »
I was surprised by the lack of the comic 2-packs at Toy Fair.  However, exclusives are never shown at TF, and I wondered if the rest of them will be going to specific retailers.  The first one (Crimson Empire) was an exclusive, maybe the rest will be too.  Thoughts?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Comic Packs: Exclusives?
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2007, 10:44 PM »
God I hope not.

That's all the information I have right now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Mike, I'm surprised as well, but I don't think that these are going to be exclusives. Here's my reasoning: Hasbro usually has stuff on display that's just been released. That should include the first wave of comic pack, but they got snubbed too. No Battle Packs were on display either. I'll bet there must have been a display real estate issue, too much crap to show. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2007, 11:58 AM »
I'll bet there must have been a display real estate issue, too much crap to show. :P

It certainly seems that way.  People were on top of each other trying to photograph everything on display.  Among the things that were MIA at the Hasbro booth?  Comic 2-packs, battle packs (general release or exclusive), 3" Titanium vehicles.  And most of the things that were shown were already known or photos had leaked already.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2007, 03:21 PM »
When does the Quinlan Vos and other comic packs of that line come out or does anybody know?I don't want to miss out on those.
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2007, 03:50 AM »
When does the Quinlan Vos and other comic packs of that line come out or does anybody know?I don't want to miss out on those.

April 2007

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2007, 09:29 AM »

April 2007

As always, I heard February 30th.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2007, 12:46 PM »

April 2007

As always, I heard February 30th.

C'mon Anthony...it's not April 1st yet ;)

Deanna,

Entertainment Earth typically has release times 2 weeks to a month past retails' actual release time. Honestly I find that to be true with them most of the time. I personally will start looking for these/expecting to see them- in March.

DS

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2007, 01:57 PM »
I'd love to order these online, but $13 (and that's without shipping) a pop is just too much of a premium over B&M retail.

I wish NF would carry more 2007 skus....

:(

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2007, 03:22 PM »
 8)Thanks! for the info! I'll keep my eyes peeled then!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2007, 09:35 AM »
These are finaly starting to hang on the pegs as this weeks shipments to both WM and Target have not flown off of them. I've acually seen them hang for more than a day. :P