Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263682 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 2007 Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2007, 11:42 AM »
I'll take 2. Nothing a little re-painting can't fix. :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2007, 08:11 PM »
With Targets clearing them out, I decided I would open a Tarkin/trooper pack. My Tarkin has a deformity in his head mold, leaving a crater above his right ear. Now he's in some spacey green gymnastic outfit, AND he has cranial leakage. There's $7.00 I won't be getting back...  :-\

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2007, 05:39 PM »
The Luke/R2 pack looks good along with Vos! No picks of Luke and Mara yet?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Galactic Hunter has posted high res images of Wave 2. And from the looks of things, the Vos/Villie pack is pure and utter crap. Both are way too skinny and have no leg articulation, and the heads aren't that great either. Luckily the other two sets are fantastic. I'm very much looking forward to the Obi-Wan/ARC Trooper set.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2007, 01:35 AM »
I'll agree that the lack of knee articulation is disappointing, but ball-jointed elbows and shoulders are great to see.  The sculpts look great to me, especially Quinlan Vos - from those pics, it's a great likeness.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 27, 2007, 02:53 PM »
I think Vos looks alright, about what I expected.  But I'll definitely give him some articulated knees and do a little painting to give him thicker eyebrows and more sunken in looking eyes.

:P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Quinlan Vos- About what I expected from Hasbro. You know, he's okay, but from the other stuff I've seen Hasbro do, I know he could be far better. Well, as I say that, from the other stuff I've seen Hasbro do, I know he could've been far worse, too. He's certainly good...enough...

Villie (no clue what the name is or how to spell it)- He's unique, I'll give him that. That's about all I'll give him.  :-\

Alpha- Very cool. The 'wind effect' manskirt will probably be bothersome after a while, but that is totally made up for by the great articulation and detail. He's the definitive ARC Trooper.

Obi-Wan- Thank God for Hasbro not giving him yellow hair, otherwise I would've butchered them ruthlessly.  :) It's pretty cool, a softgoods cloak would've been better because thanks to the permanent 'cloak arms' he has he needs to remain cloaked at all times. He's pretty good, we can't say any other AOTC Obi's are this good so we're just gonna have to live with it...

Luke- Alright, I still am not the biggest fan of the VOTC Stormy sculpt, I'm not gonna explain why because I already have three hundred times...so I can definitely say without a doubt that I am not a huge fan of this figure. It would probably have been a reluctant buy if not for it coming with...

R2-D2- We do not need another R2!!! Waste of money, killed this set! That being said, I will definitely purchase him if he is a clean repaint of R4-G9. We'll just have to see...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #337 on: April 16, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Looks like the stickersheet for the new Hasbro Figure Stands has sort of confirmed a few of the rumored packs...

A'Sharad Hett and Assassin Droid are both on there, I guess we can consider them (and their 2-packs) confirmed now.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 16, 2007, 06:14 PM »
we are getting stands again with figures? :-X
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 16, 2007, 06:15 PM »
No, you have to buy these separate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 06:15 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #340 on: April 16, 2007, 06:24 PM »
Headsculpts on Vos and Villie are all wrong ... Vos' skintone is too light as well.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #341 on: April 16, 2007, 06:38 PM »
Baron Fel too!   ;D  Which I will bet means Wedge is coming with him.  Suh-weet. 

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 16, 2007, 06:46 PM »
i dont know if its just the angle or really good sculpting but i can hardly see any elbow joints on the arc trooper.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 16, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Looks like the stickersheet for the new Hasbro Figure Stands has sort of confirmed a few of the rumored packs...

A'Sharad Hett and Assassin Droid are both on there, I guess we can consider them (and their 2-packs) confirmed now.   :)

That's funny.  Silly Hasbro confirming your rumor lists.  Which one was the assassin droid though.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #344 on: April 16, 2007, 10:51 PM »
We were able to get some mega-sized images of two of the upcoming Wave 2 sets - Marvel Star Wars #4 and Star Wars Republic #55.

Just clicky on the images above to check out the pics...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:53 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender