Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263764 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Marvel Comic and EU 2-Packs
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2006, 11:04 PM »
What utter rainbow crap!
I will only buy the Han and paint the helmet eyes black. I will literally melt the chewbacca. I HATE that sculpt! Hasbro can shove this were the sun dont shine. They make fun of the figures we want and they give us this.......

I usally buy everything but now I am in the Viva La Revalucion!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Re: Han Stormtrooper

Does anyone who's been around since the beginning of POTF2 remember anything about Kenner/Hasbro, around the time of the Kellogg's Fruit Loops Hantrooper in '95/'96, saying that a Han Stormtrooper would never be made available in the basic line?

I can almost faintly recall reading something about this somewhere, possibly on a Fruit Loops box or something--but I might just be imagining it, too.

Just curious, because we've gotten several Hantroopers since then (Death Star Escape Cinema Scene, Wal-Mart Trash Compactor Screen Scene, and now this one), but never on a single card.  Just seems strange.

But there may be something to it.  Could they have made some deal with Kellogg's way back then that this guy would never be available by himself?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 11:23 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2006, 10:10 AM »
I think what annoys me most about these three sets is that this is what Hasbro considers when they say they will be giving us EU figures. I wish they would actually made at least 1 new figure in each set instead of all repaints.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Does anyone who's been around since the beginning of POTF2 remember anything about Kenner/Hasbro, around the time of the Kellogg's Fruit Loops Hantrooper in '95/'96, saying that a Han Stormtrooper would never be made available in the basic line?

I don't still have the box in my possession, however, I believe it may have been more along the lines of "Never Before Released" in the basic line. With Kenner out of the picture now and 10 years beyond the promotion, I doubt Hasbro would still be tied to something like that.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2006, 01:50 PM »

But there may be something to it.  Could they have made some deal with Kellogg's way back then that this guy would never be available by himself?

It certainly rings a bell with me too, Matthew.  In fact, I remember when Hasbro was doing their pseudo-Fan's Choice poll that the horrible Scanning Trooper won during the OTC run, the Han ST from the DS Trash Compactor set was one of the figures to pick from.  It struck me as odd for the exact same reasons you mentioned, but then he didn't win and I thought nothing else of it.

Interesting observation, though...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2006, 02:32 PM »
These just don't float my boat sorry.  I know plenty are chomping at the bit to get something different but that's not what I had in mind at least.  I wishe they would have offered up a never before made character like Jaxxon as odd as he is.  At least it would be something different.  Or even the Jabba the Hutt character they had in the ANH comice.  That Vader/Fleet Trooper is hideous.  I know plent of people will buy it but man that looks goofy to me. 

It kind of pisses me off that they ruin a Han/Luke stormtrooper with those paint apps.  I know it' supposed to be from the comics (sure Hasbro) but that's just sad.  I guess you can paint the red stuff black though and it would be okay. 

That fake wave Hasbro slide joke thinkg is looking better and better to me. 

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2006, 05:26 PM »
For once, I'm not going to be a tool and buy this Crap. >:(

Boycott Marvel 2 Packs so Crap like this never happens again >:(
Fritzkrieg

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2006, 05:43 PM »

What's wrong with them? I think they're neat, and you can't go wrong with EU comic packs. Plus, if these sell, we'll see more of the said comic packs.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2006, 05:48 PM »

What's wrong with them? I think they're neat, and you can't go wrong with EU comic packs. Plus, if these sell, we'll see more of the said comic packs.

I second the neatness. Besides, given Hasbro's current love of repaints, who's to say they won't eventually offer Luke and Han disguised as Stormtroopers based on the movie?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2006, 06:04 PM »
you can't go wrong with EU comic packs

I think Hasbro just showed how wrong you can go with comic packs, let me tell you the SOTE comic packs were a lot better than these and they were sorta crappy.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2006, 11:02 PM »
I may get the Han/Chewie set for the Han & re-paint it.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2006, 11:20 PM »
Bah to all who dislike these packs, they're probably some of the most original offerings Hasbro has put out to date and I for one am happy to see them.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Bah to all who dislike these packs, they're probably some of the most original offerings Hasbro has put out to date and I for one am happy to see them.

Hear hear!

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2006, 12:21 AM »

You are right.  They are pretty original.  One could say as original as Mini unleash or Star Wars Choopers, wait, maybe as original as SW Transformers.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2006, 02:27 PM »

I can almost faintly recall reading something about this somewhere, possibly on a Fruit Loops box or something--but I might just be imagining it, too.

Just curious, because we've gotten several Hantroopers since then (Death Star Escape Cinema Scene, Wal-Mart Trash Compactor Screen Scene, and now this one), but never on a single card.  Just seems strange.

That rings a bell as well, but that was also ten years ago, contracts and agreements expire, so if there was an agreement, I'll bet it can be gotten around.

Since we're getting a proper Airborne trooper after getting an EU one first, I think it's a good bet we'll get a basic, single carded ANH Han Stormtrooper within a year. I mean, come on, it's Hasbro, far be it from them to let a good mold g to waste.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."