Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 264678 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #690 on: November 2, 2007, 10:31 AM »
That WM exclusive clone set is looking really nice, I find myself having to resist wanting to put a squad of each of these together.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 2, 2007, 02:23 PM »
Yeah, the clones are a very nice set. I also might get the babies for my photonovel.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 2, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Picked up Wave 4 at Target today, WOOT!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 4, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Oddly enough I want all 3 of the Wal-Mart packs.  Who is getting the Crimson Empire set.  I thought that was going to some retailer.  Maybe Target?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 4, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I thought everyone was getting Crimson Empire. In fact, I thought it was supposed to be in wave 4. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #695 on: November 4, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Saw Wave 4 yesterday...I laughed out loud at how rediculously bad the Swan/Kofi Annan pack was.  Bultar looked rediculous and the other dude looks like Jitsu from He-Man.  I did pick up Hobbie/Baron, mainly to Hobbie in with my ROTJ pilots (he's just off screen :P)  Baron is OK but I agree that his chest box is way too big.  Anakin/Sith Droid looked alright but I have really no desire for most Prequel EU, let alone OT EU

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 6, 2007, 01:32 AM »
I did pick up Hobbie/Baron, mainly to put Hobbie in with my ROTJ pilots (he's just off screen :P

That's exactly why I'm looking forward to that pack.  I'm trying to track down every Rebel Pilot. :)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #697 on: November 6, 2007, 02:04 AM »
It's funny how all those oranges match a lot better than the gray-green Imperial uniforms which tend to change shade with every figure. Change over time I can understand, but even the Luke & female Imp comic pack has mismatched shades within the same set, which seems more than a little ridiculous.

Though I guess it's a lot easier matching to a simple primary orange than it is to something the color of my late grandparents' kitchen appliances. Hello avocado. :P
« Last Edit: November 6, 2007, 02:08 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 6, 2007, 08:33 AM »
I just wish they'd stop using comic adaptations of the movies for these "EU" packs and stick with the actually expanded universe story lines.

"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 9, 2007, 02:00 PM »
I thought everyone was getting Crimson Empire. In fact, I thought it was supposed to be in wave 4. :P

Sorry about that.  I meant which retailer was getting Crimson Empire.  Or is every retailer getting it for the most part?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2007, 09:15 AM »

Sorry about that.  I meant which retailer was getting Crimson Empire.  Or is every retailer getting it for the most part?

By everyone, I meant retailer, so... yes, every retailer is supposed to be getting it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #701 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27 PM »
Saw Wave 4 yesterday...I laughed out loud at how rediculously bad the Swan/Kofi Annan pack was.  Bultar looked rediculous and the other dude looks like Jitsu from He-Man.  I did pick up Hobbie/Baron, mainly to Hobbie in with my ROTJ pilots (he's just off screen :P)  Baron is OK but I agree that his chest box is way too big.  Anakin/Sith Droid looked alright but I have really no desire for most Prequel EU, let alone OT EU

I agree the Koffi/Swan is pretty bad. If they would have given Bultar some sort of articulation in the legs it might have helped. Heck the comic they come with was a better value to me.

As for the Hobbie/Baron pack: Hobbie's alright, more of the same from Hasbro as far as X-wing pilots go and the Baron is a glorified POTF2 figure. The saving grace for him is that his TIE gear can be given to the TSC DSG for a SA TIE Pilot with removable TIE gear.

;)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:32 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: November 12, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Unfortunately the pictures aren't coming through, but I'd love to see them. Sounds like a great idea.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:21 AM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Wow, that looks really good.  It could really make for a good TIE Pilot.  It works with the Clone, but I have to wonder if Hasbro did produce this kind of a kitbashed figure, would they stay with the Clone or maybe add in some kind of a generic pilot face sculpt.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: November 12, 2007, 02:10 PM »
Nice combination Jay - that SA TIE pilot looks awesome.  Now I'm gonna have to get extras of these... ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today