Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 264877 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #615 on: August 25, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Since I've already purchased extra TAC Stormies for my own head swapping, I'd only be interested in these sets if the R2 was in movie colors - then we'd finally get that perfect R2 we've all been waiting for.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #616 on: August 25, 2007, 10:50 AM »
I was thinking the same thing Darb, I hope R2 is accurate as well as then I'd buy the Luke/R2 set for the 2nd time. 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 25, 2007, 12:10 PM »
I'll buy those! I hope R2's movie colors too.  :o
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #618 on: August 25, 2007, 11:33 PM »
I'm not sure if any of you noticed but on the Mara Jade figure from the HTTE #5 set, the neck peg is rather short and bulbous which does not allow for the head to rest properly on the peg. Well after buying a 2nd set today I found that Hasbro corrected the issue at some point during production as the neck peg on my 2nd Mara is longer and thinner...

This makes for a better looking figure I think, but since I already chopped the holster off the fixed figure, I'll have to swap torsos for my collection fig.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #619 on: August 27, 2007, 03:35 PM »
I picked up a set of these Sunday and mine too was the fixed torso on Mara Jade...  Much nicer looking than the early figures I think. 

My opinions on the new wave are really a mix of good and bad...  I'd say every pack has one good figure while there is definitely one less than stellar example of an action figure.  For instance in the Luke/Mara pack, I find the Mara figure to be pretty outstanding.  Her articulation, design...  Short of her having an accurately scaled pistol and holster, I'm pretty well content on this one.  Yet the Luke figure is pretty attrocious in general.  A gaping leg stance, limited articulation...  And Hasbro once again does ankle joints, but not knees?  What the hell is the deal with that?  What purpose does that serve?  Very frustrating little thing they do all-too-often over at Hasbro I'm afraid.  The figure's upper body is ok, I can deal with the arms as they are...  The legs just suck though.

With the Leia/Vader pack, the Vader mattered less to me for some reason...  Maybe it's the very "Concept" looking design of the figure, but still as an action figure it's lacking...  Once again no knee joints, and yet we get ankle articulation...  It makes no sense to me really.  The Leia though is pretty great I think, with a lot of articulation and a nice sculpt.

The Dark Woman/Het 2-pack is exactly same as the other two sets though...  Het's a really outstanding figure in general with a lot of accessories, a great sculpt and paintjob, and articulation that makes him a good basic action figure...  While the Dark Woman simply lacks articulation and gear.  No cloak?  No knee or elbow joints?  She's a big disappointment as a figure while Het's quite nice.

In general the price on them makes me a little less irked...  Had any of the stinker figures been basic figures, they would really just be crud compared to their pegmates.  But as comic pack figures they're a bit more tolerable, and just a little disappointing.

So far, no pack has compared to Obi-Wan/ARC Trooper pack, or the Crimson Empire 2-pack.  They're the two that set the standard for these.  I hope some of the upcoming sets are able to match up to them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 27, 2007, 04:56 PM »
  Yet the Luke figure is pretty attrocious in general.  A gaping leg stance, limited articulation...  And Hasbro once again does ankle joints, but not knees? 

I actually love that Luke. The fully enclosed flight helmet rocks, and I love his bandolier/holster. This is probably the closest we'll get to having a SOTME Luke, so I'm happy with that.

I do agree that Mara is fantastic, and is definitely the star of the pack.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 1, 2007, 04:58 PM »

« Last Edit: September 1, 2007, 05:25 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #622 on: September 1, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I guess I didn't notice til now that the Luke (imperial disguise) is the Saga Ozzel body with a Luke Head
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 1, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Pretty much all of the new Imperial officers in the Death Star briefing set are based on Ozzel.

I imagine that we might also see that sculpt re-used if the rumblings of a future comic 2-pack with Lt. Janek "Tank" Sunber with Amanin alien come to fruition.  Not sure which issue of Empire that was in, but based on what Hasbro said in their announcement regarding the Saga Legends vote, that Amanaman (or Amanin alien) was inelligible because that figure is due out next year.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 1, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Anyone have a Green Sabered Mara/Luke pack in good shape up for trade?  I have one in a minty pack, but the comic book is all bent on the inside...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 2, 2007, 09:22 AM »
I guess I didn't notice til now that the Luke (imperial disguise) is the Saga Ozzel body with a Luke Head

That kind of jumped out at me only because I've done some head swapping with that body and it turns out it's a smallish body. Most heads, including the Luke one they're using, look a tad too big.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #626 on: September 2, 2007, 06:28 PM »
I like the body choice because it is small...  Fits for LUke.  What i don't care for is the lack of articulation it has, as it's a fairly "action oriented" storyline and Luke's a big part of it obviously.  I dig that we have a better articulated famel Imp. Officer body though.

I like the Duros/Clone too but the lack of "gloved" hands means I've gotta track an extra set down I guess if I want that kind of display with them.  Cool way to save a buck and get a couple EU figures out though, if not odd choices.

Commando/SBD is a must-have set...  Gonna nab a few if I can I think.  Love that one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 3, 2007, 09:25 AM »
It's funny how every officer's uniform seems to have different hue to it, otherwise, perhaps the arms and legs could be swapped from an extra female officer body onto the Luke.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #628 on: September 3, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Yeah, even within this 2-pack they can't get them to match. ::)

Same way none of the holo figures seem to have the same shade of blue.....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #629 on: September 4, 2007, 04:54 PM »

personally looks like hasbro grabed up a couple of issues to quickly find what they could kitbash and charge us 9.99 for...but heres hoping the new ones next year don't resemble these three or the sad repack of obi-wan and bail with babies.