Author Topic: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs  (Read 263683 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Star Wars Comic Packs
« Reply #675 on: October 25, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Anton, did you find Wave 4?  The front page mention seems to indicate you were the one who found them at Target.  Any loose pics you can share?

I just opened them up last night. If I can get to take some more pictures tonight, I will.

Here are my impressions:

The Assassin Droid is easily one of the top figures of the year. Articulated to the hilt, I'm just very impressed with it.

Anakin is just okay. Well made, but in the end, it's just an Anakin variant.

Koffi Aranna is a well sculpted figure, however, I'm having a major problem getting him to stand. I basically have to get him into limbo position.

Bultar Swan in another decent figure. Top half is up to today's figure standards, bottom half she's pretty much a Saga1 AOTC figure. Also, the thing with these two figures are that being EU, I lack an emotional attachment, so I may not be appreciating them as much as other might.

Hobbie is acceptable. The Vander body is getting old, but they could have done much worse. He wears a gray head sock like in ESB, which is a surprise to me.

Finally, Baron Fel was the figure I was looking forward to most, and the most disappointing. The best I can describe him is as a POTF2 sculpt with today's standard of articulation. I'm sorry to say, I think Hasbro missed the boat on this one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 25, 2007, 10:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Anton.  As much as I am looking forward to these figures, I'd say it's mostly for customizing potential... not too much here other than the droid that really looks all that great to me.  What's funny though, is I'm sure I'll buy at least two of each set to open, even if they're not that good.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #677 on: October 25, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Finally, Baron Fel was the figure I was looking forward to most, and the most disappointing. The best I can describe him is as a POTF2 sculpt with today's standard of articulation. I'm sorry to say, I think Hasbro missed the boat on this one.

Damn. That was easily the one I was looking forward to the most as well. I thought he looked good in person at C4 but then again that was just a prototype. I think I'll still be doing one loose and one carded of him anyways. I really thought the figure had great potential, it is too bad they blew it.

Well after buying a $250 World Series ticket I guess I have to save money in other places...
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 25, 2007, 02:11 PM »
I saw them during my lunch break at Target today.  It just bugs me that Fel does not have his facial hair.  It thought he was "okay" looking but nothing great.  The other pilot looked good.  I still like the Koffi/Swan pack.  The Anakin/Droid set looked much better to me in person than what has been on the net.  All in all I like the sets still because they are only $10 (actually $8.99 at Target this week).

I was more excited about the Saga Legends Biker Scout.  Came this close to buying it but opted not to.  Bills need paid unfortunately.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 25, 2007, 02:22 PM »
I managed to find a minty Green Saber Mara 2-pack at Target much to my surprise today!  I had given up hope of tracking down this version without a big bend in the comic book.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 26, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I saw them during my lunch break at Target today.  It just bugs me that Fel does not have his facial hair.  The other pilot looked good. 

Yeah, that's a head scratcher. Hobbie isn't even really featured in that issue of the comic either.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 31, 2007, 02:33 PM »
Anton, did you find Wave 4?  The front page mention seems to indicate you were the one who found them at Target.  Any loose pics you can share?

I just opened them up last night. If I can get to take some more pictures tonight, I will.

Here are my impressions:

The Assassin Droid is easily one of the top figures of the year. Articulated to the hilt, I'm just very impressed with it.

Anakin is just okay. Well made, but in the end, it's just an Anakin variant.

Koffi Aranna is a well sculpted figure, however, I'm having a major problem getting him to stand. I basically have to get him into limbo position.

Bultar Swan in another decent figure. Top half is up to today's figure standards, bottom half she's pretty much a Saga1 AOTC figure. Also, the thing with these two figures are that being EU, I lack an emotional attachment, so I may not be appreciating them as much as other might.

Hobbie is acceptable. The Vander body is getting old, but they could have done much worse. He wears a gray head sock like in ESB, which is a surprise to me.

I pretty much agree with you here Anton, I found them last Friday I believe and I think most of them will just be custom fodder.  I was suprised that the Swan chest armor was removable something I didn't realize from online pics, and how huge the chest box for Fel is-looks really big even compared to POTF2 Tie Pilots.  The helmet is great though.  I took the chest armor, helmet, and breathing gear and through it on a DS Gunner and it looks really great---C'mon Hasbro you know you wanna do it.  About the Fel fig himself he is pretty buff looking in the comic so that's the only reason I suppose to justify his POTF2ness.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: November 1, 2007, 02:02 PM »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #683 on: November 1, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Oh I sooo can't wait for that Marvel #81 set. Too bad the Wal-Mart near me doesn't order SW exclusives, seems to be a rule for them. Kinda like only maintaining the same 5 TSC Naboo Soliders for the past year.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #684 on: November 1, 2007, 03:01 PM »
My walmart sucks, i know its ebay for me.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: November 1, 2007, 03:11 PM »
Really want that Commander Keller / Marine set!  Absolutely no interest in the others...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: November 1, 2007, 04:02 PM »
Really want that Commander Keller / Marine set!  Absolutely no interest in the others...
FYI, Wave 4 is showing up all around Minneapolis.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: November 1, 2007, 04:41 PM »

Hook me up!!!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: November 1, 2007, 07:05 PM »

Hook me up!!!

Ha!  You're talking to the wrong guy.  One of my buddies was able to get a set for me, but I still need one more for openers.  Two other guys have found them at two different stores though, so be on the lookout.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: November 1, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Thanks Justin.  Honestly, I think Wave 1 and 3 are available right now at HTS, so I think eventually I'll be able to get these from them worst case.  Nothing I can't 'live without'...