Author Topic: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 34052 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New Assault Vehicles In '07
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 05:09 PM »
According to RS...

"OK, so first Hasbro makes the sweet, sweet Dagobah X-wing with retooled Luke, then they actually start answering the questions all the collector sites ask them, and now they give collectors exactly what they want… Assuming what they want are the SITH INFILTRATOR and the V-WING FIGHTER.

We're not talking about Titanium vehicles either. These are going to be scaled to fit 3 3/4" figures. Hokey Smokes, eh?"

Sweetness!

The Sith Infiltrator should at least be the size of the E1 Royal Naboo Cruiser to be to-scale. I'm hoping that a pack-in will be the Evo Darth Maul with a SG robe, and three CIS Probe Droids.

The V-Wing should be about $20-25, around the size of a Jedi Interceptor. I'm hoping a pack-in will be ROTS Tarkin or a NEW V-Wing Crewman.

This is great news, although I was hoping for some new EU/CW vehicles.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 05:11 PM »
I think the V-wing will be great, but I think the Infiltrator will be way undersized, and instead of the Evo Maul pack-in, we're gonna get some lame TPM Maul, or maybe no pack-in at all. :'(

But hopefully I'm wrong!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 05:24 PM »
Sweetness!

The Sith Infiltrator should at least be the size of the E1 Royal Naboo Cruiser to be to-scale. I'm hoping that a pack-in will be the Evo Darth Maul with a SG robe, and three CIS Probe Droids.

The V-Wing should be about $20-25, around the size of a Jedi Interceptor. I'm hoping a pack-in will be ROTS Tarkin or a NEW V-Wing Crewman.

This is great news, although I was hoping for some new EU/CW vehicles.

Why would we need a ROTS Tarkin packed with the V-Wing?

I'd like a V-Wing pilot as a pack in, but I'm thinking we probably won't get anything as a pack in.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:25 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 05:38 PM »
The Sith Infiltrator should at least be the size of the E1 Royal Naboo Cruiser to be to-scale.

At least.  I hope it's bigger, actually. 

At $100, the Naboo ship was a smash-hit at retail during the Christmas season of the year the movie came out.  I'm sure that a new toy, similarly-sized and similarly-priced, of a vehicle which had a fraction of the screen time that the first ship did, will be just as big of a success at retail.  Especially now that seven years have passed, and the Phantom Menace Hype Machine is hotter than ever.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 06:07 PM »
The Sith Infiltrator should at least be the size of the E1 Royal Naboo Cruiser to be to-scale.

At least.  I hope it's bigger, actually. 

At $100, the Naboo ship was a smash-hit at retail during the Christmas season of the year the movie came out.  I'm sure that a new toy, similarly-sized and similarly-priced, of a vehicle which had a fraction of the screen time that the first ship did, will be just as big of a success at retail.  Especially now that seven years have passed, and the Phantom Menace Hype Machine is hotter than ever.

Well, I believe most of the Sith Infiltrator is unusable for a person. It is basically a TIE fighter with a loooong nose. I think they can fit that in that size box. Though it would be nice if it at least had a cargo bay to fit his speeder.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 06:39 PM »
Great news,it'd be better if they announced an AT-TE for next year too!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 06:43 PM »
The Sith Infiltrator will be SMALL, Hasbro said that the only newly tooled vehicles coming next year will be in the Starfighter Assortment (Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter/Anakin Jedi Starfighter/Grevious' Wheelbike/Droid Tri-Figher sized box). I can easily see a TIE ball-sized crew compartment with the variable geometry wings on either side and a short, fat wedge in the front (possibly fat enough to fit his speeder inside).  No pack-ins will be issued for this or the V-Wing, although I'm sure that there will be Basic figures of Maul and a V-Wing Pilot (though more likely another go round for the black Clone Pilot) available during the same general window of availability as the vehicles. I'm happy with this scale as I'm not a Maul fan and I can buy all of the ones that the fans leave on the shelves and use them as Space Pirate Interceptors :D
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2006, 08:53 PM »
I am thinking Maul's ship will be about the size of the X-Wings they make now.  Cool, but I want an AT-TE.

:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2006, 09:05 PM »
My fear on the Infiltrator is that it will be terribly underscaled.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 09:32 PM »
It will be. >:(  To be part of the regular vehicle assortment it will have to underscaled like nothing we have seen before.  There is no way they will make one that you can put the sith speeder inside of, that is too  much to ask. :-\
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Sith Infiltrator, V-Wing Confirmed For '07
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Hasbro could suprise us, it could be around the size of an ARC-170...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2006, 10:01 PM »
There is no way they'll ever make a scaled Infiltrator. I'll have to dig out the Episode I Incredible Cross Sections book for confirmation, but I remember seeing that Maul had a giant cockpit that could seat like 12 additional people.

I think what we'll get is a redone TIE Fighter made to look like the Infiltrator, with a Probe Droid and a Maul packed in. And you know they'll either have to pack a Maul with it or recard one, since I bet kids/newer collectors don't have one yet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Sith Infiltrator, V-Wing Confirmed For '07
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Hasbro could suprise us, it could be around the size of an ARC-170...

I think they made it clear that the infiltrator and the v-wing are in the assult vehicle line.  AKA the 20 to $25 line with the jedi fighter and the likes.

I wish it was to scale (I would glady eat my words as I play with it) but if they cannot do a decent scale falcon, I highly doubt this would happen.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 11:24 PM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2006, 02:11 AM »
I'm personally more happy to see you guys get the Sith Infiltrator since it's been high on everyone's list. I don't know what I'd do with one though. No matter what size, it's going to be too big. Love the V-wing though, can't wait for it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2006, 09:59 PM »
The Sith Infiltrator will be underscaled, it's almost an inevitable fact really...  The ship's not small in the first place, so I'm not even going to get hopes up on this being even reasonably sized.

The V-Wing SHOULD be to-scale given the small size of that fighter...  I hope a good V-Wing Pilot comes out shortly thereafter or before for it. 

The Sith Infiltrator I'm going to most likely be passing on though, but I have high hopes for that V-Wing.  I wanted that much more than a Sith Infiltrator anyway.  Maul's ship was such an afterthought that I've never really gotten what the hype was around it...  Slave I had more appeal in its brief ESB scenes than the Infiltrator ever did.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77