Author Topic: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 33827 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: New Assault Vehicles In '07
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2007, 04:25 PM »
I have seen them at Targets, but only a couple of times. Once was just before Christmas as a matter of fact. I haven't seen any at Target in the last 2 weeks-

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2007, 07:25 PM »
i saw a beaten-up packaging sith starfighter at target the day after xmas, but thats it for vehicles for me that ive seen. i want hailfire droids and AATs!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2007, 09:37 AM »
I wonder how many straight repacks we're going to get? I meant to pick up an opener Mace Starfighter, but never got around to it. I know we're getting one of the TRU Starfighter exclusives, but that's all I know.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Hey Darth Anton. Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter is currently shipping with the other two starfighters.(Anakin's and Obi-Wan's) I saw a bunch of them at my local Target, so you may want to check out the next Target you go to if you still want one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Vehicles In '07 - Speculation and Repacks
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2007, 06:59 PM »
That hyperspace ring in the background sure is mocking me.  >:(

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2007, 08:26 PM »
I'm honestly quite baffled as to why Hasbro is rereleasing the Obi-Wan (and apparently Anakin, if EE's listing is to be believed, and I have no reason to doubt it) JSF yet again, when every Target and TRU I've been in for the last few months has had nothing but Obi-Wan and Anakin JSFs sitting on the shelves in the vehicle section.  I thought the off-hand mention of the TRU exclusive Utapau and Mustafar paint job versions being rotated into the regular line-up boded well, but now it's more of the same. 

I certainly hope that Mace/Obi-Wan/Anakin JSFs come out after the Sith Infiltrator and V-Wing, as if they come out before the new ships, it might create a shipping bottleneck.  :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2007, 09:03 PM »
It does seem like the vehicle case packouts are being steered in certain directions.  After all of the talk on a number of message boards complaining about another Jedi Starfighter repaint, look what we got in the most current assault vehicle case:  the Saesee Tiin Jedi Starfighter is one per case, and the white TIE Fighter is packed in that case in greater numbers.  In this regard it seems that Hasbro is listening to collectors, but they're still interested in getting older vehicles out to people who are coming late to the party.

The guiding force here seems to be Hasbro's desire to keep the major hero vehicles in the mix.  And the people buying those pieces don't appear to be the core collecting crowd that's out here on the web day in, day out.  Hasbro is going by sales numbers when they come up with reissues like the Obi-Wan Kenobi starfighter which has now been a part of three seperate lines.

Here's my personal hope:  that the talk of a hyperdrive ring in the Q&A sessions was real, and perhaps the reason we're getting these reissues is to have something on the market that could mate with that hyperdrive ring.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:11 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: March 1, 2007, 06:34 AM »
Here's my personal hope:  that the talk of a hyperdrive ring in the Q&A sessions was real, and perhaps the reason we're getting these reissues is to have something on the market that could mate with that hyperdrive ring.

My hope as well. Hasbro could just produce a generic ring for use with all JSF then as a pack in, include the corresponding color decals to match up with the existing colors JSFs.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 1, 2007, 09:33 AM »
Third packaging variation in three years. Yikes!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 1, 2007, 10:41 AM »
Forgive me for being colorblind, but isn't that the TRU version of Obi's ship or just the general release?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 1, 2007, 10:52 AM »
General release.  Maroon and grey.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 1, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Yuck.  Easy pass for me.

Now what I'd like to see is a Jedi Starfighter in white, like this paint scheme -

Perhaps I'll try painting one like that someday.  I just think it would look cool.

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 8, 2007, 10:54 PM »
Is the AT AT coming back to TRU in 30 AC packaging?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 8, 2007, 11:00 PM »
I think the V-wing will be great, but I think the Infiltrator will be way undersized, and instead of the Evo Maul pack-in, we're gonna get some lame TPM Maul, or maybe no pack-in at all. :'(

But hopefully I'm wrong!

Well you hit that one right on the head, 8 months in advance.  Do you do Lotto numbers as well?

Well, I believe most of the Sith Infiltrator is unusable for a person. It is basically a TIE fighter with a loooong nose. I think they can fit that in that size box. Though it would be nice if it at least had a cargo bay to fit his speeder.

The infiltrator and the speederbike are just about the same size...   ;)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2007, 12:14 PM »
The Obi-Wan and Mace Starfighters hit target in So-Cal today.