Author Topic: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 33834 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Vehicles In '07 - Speculation and Repacks
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2007, 12:17 PM »
I actually saw those at our local store yesterday as well.  New spiffy packaging, same old ships :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 5, 2007, 12:53 PM »
I was just thinking about this the other day, its kind of too bad that we don't see much (or more) of the OT ships available at retail.  Sure, we've seen a few ships - but they seem to either be TIE fighters or exclusives (often highly priced).  Now sure, most of us who want the OT ships probably already have them, but we were talking about what to get our nephews for Christmas this year when I started thinking about this.  They're both into Star Wars (especially the younger one), and really like the OT ships.  Its too bad there wouldn't be a way to slip some ships - like an X-Wing, Y-Wing, A-Wing, Snowspeeder, or Landspeeder into the mass retail "starfighter" assortment.  Granted, maybe the PT ships (Jedi Starfighters) do better at retail - and I know no one here wants to see that underscaled X-Wing (the non-FX sculpt version) again, but it would be nice to be able to pick up some ships like this for kiddos (or collectors) at retail and not pay $45 for them.  I also wouldn't mind seeing the Falcon hit again, but it would likely be an exclusive too.  Anyways, I'm sure I'm in the minority - and again, I'm not really speaking necessarily of collectors (although I'd go for the Skiff being re-released), but for kids.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 5, 2007, 06:42 PM »
I think that there are several options for the "Starfighter" assortment as far as the OT goes.  The A-Wing is the easiest to fit into that assortment, as it was part of the 20 dollar price point, including a figure, back in 1997.  The upcoming release of the 30AC A-Wing Pilot would have been an excellent chance to get the ship back into circulation, sans figure, and do some line synergy at the same time. 

Theoretically, a new, properly-scaled Snowspeeder would fit in, as would a reissue of the Skiff.  I don't know why Hasbro has never reissued the Skiff, given its relative scarcity in both its releases (1980's and 1999), and the high prices on the secondary market.  I was hoping one would be on the way after they used a cardboard representation of the Skiff in the Battle Pack late last year, but that didn't happen either.

As much as I love the design, I'm tired of seeing the rainbow of Jedi Starfighters on the shelves.  They should just call it a day after the Mustafar and Utapau versions are released at mass retail next year.  I think they have milked the AOTC and ROTS JSF molds as much as they can at this point.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 6, 2007, 09:30 AM »

As much as I love the design, I'm tired of seeing the rainbow of Jedi Starfighters on the shelves.  They should just call it a day after the Mustafar and Utapau versions are released at mass retail next year.  I think they have milked the AOTC and ROTS JSF molds as much as they can at this point.

I couln't agree more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 6, 2007, 03:28 PM »

I couln't agree more.

I third the sentiment. Other than the Hyperspace ring for Obi-wan's JSF ONLY, I do not want to see another JSF on the shelves again. These could be had rather easily for retail and on eBay at the time of their first release. Minor paint jobs just aren't going  to be enough for me to buy these over again.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
V-19 Torrent Fighter and Homing Spider Droid rumored for 2008?
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2007, 05:55 PM »
From Rebelscum:

as always nothing is confirmed until you have the item in hand yourself.

but my info. is 99.9% on the money.

check my older threads etc......

I was given two names of the second 08 vehicle asst.

I will reveal one and hint at the other because im not 100% sure which one it is.

second wave of ships for 08 will include:

clone wars v-19
and
the seperatist army will be getting a new droid. I did not post what was told to me because I think the name was wrong.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:04 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Very cool rumor.  And very likely since the line is focusing on Clone Wars next year.  Especially since the V-19 Torrent was featured in the new Clone Wars trailer that was unveiled at C4.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Can we get some new OT vehicles please? You'd think that with the Infiltrator, V-Wing, Grievous Fighter, and AT-PT, Hasbro would start to focus on the OT. Oh well.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2007, 11:25 PM »
OT's good, but mostly I'd want resculpts on OT ships done to-scale before much new.  A CC would be neat but just not something I'd rather have than a properly scaled AT-ST, Snowspeeder, or other OT ship.  Guess I'm in the minority there though.

About the CW vehicles, I'm digging the thoughts of a Torrent Starfighter.  It's one I think I tried slipping a Q into the Q&A at one point.  Doable to-scale I think, and quite a neat design!

The droid I'm guessing is the Snail/Tank Droid at Kashyyyk.  At least that's my hope.  A nice piece of land armor for the separatists so they have SOMETHING to go against all the Clones.  A great piece I hope.  I'm of course hoping for to-scale on both, as neither is very large at all.

EDIT:

Or, according to Curto I guess it's a spider droid?  Tougher to make to-scale but it's mostly all legs, so it's doable.  I'm hopeful on that one.  Guess we'll see...  Cool regardless.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:39 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2007, 03:39 AM »
Can we get some new OT vehicles please? You'd think that with the Infiltrator, V-Wing, Grievous Fighter, and AT-PT, Hasbro would start to focus on the OT. Oh well.

There's actually not a lot left to do with the OT.  At least as far as new vehicle sculpts go.  There really aren't any fighters that haven't been done from the OT.  The PT is much more fertile ground with a good number of vehicles that have yet to be done.

However, Hasbro did acknowledge in the Q&A process that they would like to revisit the sculpt for the Snowspeeder.  I'd definitely like to see a more accurate Snowspeeder as well as a more accurate AT-ST.  Perhaps in 2009?

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2007, 09:21 AM »
Logical choices for the '08 rumors. I expect we'll see lots of PT, specifically CW product.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2007, 03:18 AM »
I'd be all over an AT-ST resculpt.  8)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2007, 10:24 AM »
There's actually not a lot left to do with the OT. 

Maybe not a lot stuff left, but still a few things I'd like to see:

- Imperial Landing Craft (mini-shuttle)
- Lars Family Landspeeder
- new/old Cloud Car
- new/old Rebel Transport
- Jabba's Sail Barge
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2007, 11:13 AM »
- Imperial Landing Craft (mini-shuttle) -I'd love to see this made..the LEGO version has me very jealous

- Lars Family Landspeeder -ICK!  I don't even remember this from the films, not even sure I'd want to buy one

- new/old Cloud Car - -no guns = boring to little boys and Hasbro for some reason

- new/old Rebel Transport -This was my very first SW vehicle growing up (Falcons were all sold out)  I'd love a rerelease with new deco + it's a storage case so you can't go wrong

- Jabba's Sail Barge -Ya...right....we can't even get a rerelease of the Skiff
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2007, 12:05 PM »
There's actually not a lot left to do with the OT. 

Maybe not a lot stuff left, but still a few things I'd like to see:

- Imperial Landing Craft (mini-shuttle)
- Lars Family Landspeeder
- new/old Cloud Car
- new/old Rebel Transport
- Jabba's Sail Barge

I was talking mainly about the assault vehicles line.  I think that the Cloud Car is the only one that fits in that assortment.  As for the others?  They're for the most part very large vehicles except for the Lars Family speeder, which we only ever see in the Homestead garage (not counting that similar one in downtown Mos Eisley).

Feedback