Author Topic: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation  (Read 33815 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: Assault Vehicles - Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #120 on: December 2, 2007, 09:15 PM »
If anyone ever has a question about Entertainment Earth photoshopping stuff, let me know-- I make it a point to be up front about this and am happy to make sure that I can be as loud as possible regarding this sort of thing.

In the case of Obi-Wan's blue Starfighter and Anakin's green Starfighter, we used the images Hasbro sent us when we asked for pictures with no alterations.  (In this case, if Hasbro didn't send pictures, odds are I'd grab the TRU 2005 versions I have on my shelf at home and photograph them at the office.)   So this is indeed Hasbro's official photography, but I also have seen at least one official Hasbro picture of this ship with the incorrect yellow Anakin Starfighter labels.  So here's hoping that's going to be correct, too.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 2, 2007, 09:22 PM »
Thanks Adam.  I didn't realize that you had the product listing up for the Anakin Skywalker green starfighter

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 3, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Thanks DocPadawan, Nick and Adam.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 3, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I'm really hoping that Hasbro makes the movie accurate changes, because they look a lot better that way it seems.  But, as others have said, hopefully the stickers will at last be accurate.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 9, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Well as it turns out, I picked up a Blue Obi-Wan JSF a while back and opened it up to find (a) it's the same ship as back in 2005 and (b) the incorrect sticker sheet.

I packed it all back up, retaped the box and returned it to the store.

If the white had been changed to a better looking light gray then I might have kept this ship, but since it was the exact same one I already have, I passed. I did get one to keep MIB for my TAC collection, but that was for the packaging.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I have no doubt that you had to jump through hoops to get the correct sticker sheet for the ROTS TRU release.

I went through the same hassle trying to get Hasbro to send me two - since I bought two of them. They never sent me a second. I ended up using it on my opener, but I really wanted a sheet I could have left un-applied for my MIB one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2008, 10:32 AM »
I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I'd personally like to see the TX-130 Saber class fighter tank made.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tx130tank/
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tx130tank/img/eu_bg.jpg

It was in the Battlefront 2 game, IIRC. So it has some merit to be made as a toy. (Hey, if you can make a Rebel Vanguard figure...)

Not only that but there are three known color schemes to this that would work to Hasbro's favor since they are known for reissues with different paint jobs. First there is the one with red markings, then a more generic all grey one, then the more advanced one with blue markings.

This could fit at the least 3 clones, and possible up to 5 for a toy. So that means more figure sales as well. There isn't many "working" parts other than the turret and the "wings" to the side. Even there, Hasbro could cheap out and mold them in the attack position.

It's certainly something in the $20 price range which fits their business model for vehciles/ships.

What do you folks think?

-Sal
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:34 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Seems like a really easy ship to make considering Hasbro already has a gi joe water moccasin.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2008, 01:04 PM »
I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but I'd personally like to see the TX-130 Saber class fighter tank made.
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tx130tank/
http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/tx130tank/img/eu_bg.jpg

It was in the Battlefront 2 game, IIRC. So it has some merit to be made as a toy. (Hey, if you can make a Rebel Vanguard figure...)

Not only that but there are three known color schemes to this that would work to Hasbro's favor since they are known for reissues with different paint jobs. First there is the one with red markings, then a more generic all grey one, then the more advanced one with blue markings.

This could fit at the least 3 clones, and possible up to 5 for a toy. So that means more figure sales as well. There isn't many "working" parts other than the turret and the "wings" to the side. Even there, Hasbro could cheap out and mold them in the attack position.

It's certainly something in the $20 price range which fits their business model for vehciles/ships.

What do you folks think?

-Sal

I think it's a fantastic idea.  I've seen people request it once in a while, and I think this would go over very well... they could release two versions - one Republic, one Imperial, just with different paint schemes.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2008, 08:26 PM »
^Ditto.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I already put down my approval in the Hey Hasbro section. Clone Wars is on of the few games I've actually played (which the tank was also in) and thought the tank was cool.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Thanks fellas. I'm glad this is getting some support here. I'm trying to push for this at other sites as well.

Considering the size relative to starfighters, plus is action oriented nature, plus it's overall great design and coolness factor, PLUS it's different paint decos, I'd think this would be a prime EU vehicle to be made.

I'm hoping this gets a nod in the cartoon (as has been eluded to since LEGO is supposedly making one and was inspired by the cartoon-or so the rumor goes), as that will help to bolster it's case for being made.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Hasbro has already said in the Q&As (last Fall) that if the vehicle is in the new cartoon, they would definitely look at it...

Since the AAT has been rereleased with the mid-sized vehicles, will the similarly-sized TX-130 Saber-class tank - seen in the Star Wars: Clone Wars and Battlefront videogames - ever be made? The vehicle was even used for both Republic and Imperial troops in Battlefront II. (from SSG)

We have looked at the TX-130 and it is a cool vehicle, but right now would only go after it if it was featured in the upcoming Clone Wars animation.

So, there you go.  Just hope it's in the cartoon and I'm sure they will get to it eventually... ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Isn't that how Hasbro kept answering questions about the AT-TE???

if it is in the cartoon we would look at doing it.
they could have just said no we are going to get around to doing it, or kids don't like playsets, blah blah blah
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Hasbro has already said in the Q&As (last Fall) that if the vehicle is in the new cartoon, they would definitely look at it...

Since the AAT has been rereleased with the mid-sized vehicles, will the similarly-sized TX-130 Saber-class tank - seen in the Star Wars: Clone Wars and Battlefront videogames - ever be made? The vehicle was even used for both Republic and Imperial troops in Battlefront II. (from SSG)

We have looked at the TX-130 and it is a cool vehicle, but right now would only go after it if it was featured in the upcoming Clone Wars animation.

So, there you go.  Just hope it's in the cartoon and I'm sure they will get to it eventually... ;)

Cripes, I can't believe I forgot that question/answer. Man, I really hope the TX-130 is in the cartoon now. Especially since it's been on Hasbro's radar. (That's usually a good sign.)