Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97681 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Here a quick Concept I whipped up for the UGP. Space Port Fire Rescue. I was going to Paint the Jumpsuit a different color, but I thought the Helmet matched the the Original Paint aps perfectly. Besides, I'm sure there were plenty of surplus Fire Speeder Pilot suits left after the Clone Wars.
LMK what you think.

Fritzkrieg

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Nice custom Fritz.  A couple of things.... I can't believe you put a lego piece on there  :P  Also is that a trick on my eyes or is it really that much shorter than your Security guard??

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Yeah,

That Security Force Officer is pretty intimidating.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2006, 05:06 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone a quick update as to where ive been for the last week opr so. My computer finally died last week, I was using my roomates laptop for a couple of days but being very old it just couldn't do the job. So I will be without a computer ofr at least another week, unless I can actually find the time to get out to the library. :'(

Ill try to keep in touch as best I can, but I hope to be up and running again sometime next week.

I do want to congratulate every one on the excellent Sec Force submissions, they all look great, I really cant pick a favorite. I will post more when Im not as pressed for time but this library computer has a time limit.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Thats ok Ennis, hope to see you around here real soon again.  :-*

Adam

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 1, 2006, 08:07 PM »
Well, I'm finally online again. I haven't finished my Sec Force guy yet, but I did manage to snap a pic of a Wookie Smuggler/Pilot filler characer. Let me know what you think.

Wookie

I'm kinda embarrassed for not having my sec force guy done, so I hope to have him finished by tonight.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 4, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Cool Wookiee!  Today I finished an Ithorian missionary assigned to Udde to promote the message of peace.  Let's call him Worlon Loral.  He would probably be found in the city streets preaching the word to locals and visitors.

Edit: added some more brown to drybrush on, since he was a little too grey for my tastes.

Recipe: POTF2 Momaw with a grey painted skin (to appear old) with a slight wash and light brown drybrushes (tough to see in the pics unfortunately!)
The staff is the Saga2 version painted with details and the cloak is a Tatooine accessory set version soaked in green and cut down a bit.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 10:49 PM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #97 on: August 4, 2006, 11:35 PM »
Nice Daigo Bah, I gotta get started on some guys now.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 5, 2006, 12:50 AM »
I like the ithorian, but I would suggest giving his robe/poncho more depth. Add more folds and such. Great custom though.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 9, 2006, 12:19 AM »
Here was my idea for the native species to the UGP. I was thinking of a larger type humanoid. I picked up some base figures for my idea. They are Van Helsing figures and are about 5 inches. Here are some size comparison pictures with some figures I think everyone has:

They don't look all that bad together, but I was thinking on changing the heads for a more alien look to them. Would anyone have ideas for a look of the head to use on them?

If this sounds like something you guy want to do. I could even change the body or other customizers could help. I got a total of 7 figure for about $10 from ebay, so they are cheap to get. Even got a female figure, don't know her name. They also had a figure that was almost nude, which would make a good base for anything, slaves, add some armor for a guard, etc. Let me know what you guys think?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: August 9, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Personally I still don't like the idea of mixed scale figures at all. The base figures don't fit in very well with the Star Wars figures. The sculpts on them just aren't good enough and don't match up very well. The articulation style is different. It would take a whole lot of customizing to get them to fit in, and wouldn't be worth the extra effort IMO. Plus that means all the doors of the buildings will need to be built bigger.
"This is the way."

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 9, 2006, 04:15 AM »
The articulation is like the POTF2 style and now that bad. I think my pistures are bad. Anyway the sculpt is detailed, but I don't like the heads. That is what I think they need to be changed. About the doors on the building, only select few could stay the small size (Imperial only buildings). The doorways wouldn't be that much bigger, and as most doors are about half a foot taller than the user anyway in really life. I don't see that being a problem.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I can't remember if it was in this thread or in the monthly challenge for the sec force character, but someone suggested we can still use rejected designs in the UGP somehow.  I love that idea, and suggest we alter them somewhat so they don't appear to all be police people.  I think mine can easily be an engineer, starship technician, or maybe a radiation expert- especially without the gun in hand!  Due to the proportions of the POTF2 Garindan figure, he appears to be wearing a thick protective suit with the gloves and the chest blast shield I made.  Here are a couple more pics:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2006, 11:04 AM »
love the mutton chops...is that a luke head?
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2006, 05:45 PM »

sora bulq head and antilles coat ,with  cloud car pilot legs and firespeeder pilot body
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 05:48 PM by starkid500 »
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.