Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 97667 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2006, 05:06 PM »

Psychedelic even! ;D

That guys is a great mix of parts & paint! And I'm diggin' the gem eyes - like a LOT, man. Like every time I look at them, they look cooler, man. Like they're sucking in my soul....

GAAHH!  Ok, maybe they do need to be tamed a liitle... I think the glasses / goggle idea is a good one. Either that, or I might try to embed them a little further into the skull ... so they have ... eyelids or something ....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 05:07 PM by PenDragon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Ok, here's a  newfigure I made for the junk yard idea we have been discussing some - I figure he might be the owner, or be a customer shopping at it.

head - POTF2 Bith
hands - POTF2 Bith
arms - Pirates figure
jacket - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper
torso - SAGA Elan Sleezebagano
legs - SAGA Elan Sleezebagano

;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #122 on: December 12, 2006, 06:12 PM »
Not sure how I feel about the length of this guy's arms... but I really like the leg choice (love the rips on his left leg), and the paint job rocks. I really like the soft dark tones of the vest & cuffs. Tho they kinda make me look for something that matches them on the legs....

Over all, he looks like he'd be right at home in dirtier areas of the city. And in a good way ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Yeah, the arms are kinda long.  I really don't even like the paint job on this guy.  I might scrap him and start over.

As promised, I worked on a couple more things for the UGP over Christmas.

Early Rebel Medical Droid

parts used -
head - SAGA2 Firespeeder Pilot Backpack
torso - SAGA Research Droid
left arm - SAGA Research Droid
right arm - SAGA Research Droid, two FX-7 appendages
legs - OTC IG-88

Early Rebel Probe Droid

parts used -
- two ROTS clone pilot "radar" dishes
- bust up Darth Maul base
- Y-Wing thruster
- vintage Sandcrawler droid

Rebel Trooper

- ok, I didn't make this guy... I got him from Jedistyle as part of the Secret Santa customizing thing we had going at Yakface.  Very cool figure, I think he can go in the UGP as a Rebel - what do you guys think?

Rebel Tank

- I didn't make this either - Owen D. made it for me a while back - I thought it would work out well for an early Rebel tank.  Do you guys agree?

These are all items (and many more) that I am planning on sending to Phruby in April, which I would like to get mailed back (I'll pay for shipping of course).

;)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2006, 02:55 PM »
great customs chewie!

-that early medical droid is awsome.

-the tracked probe droid is very cool, nice and bulky. looks very primative and hard used, definetley somthing the rebels would have to make work.

-the rebel soldier he's woking on is still cool, though the ammo on his bandolier would be more visable if they where a darker color, but still an awsome figure.

-that owend rebel speeder is just sick. owen does great work and that is a prime example, very nice.

-glad you got the rebel trooper for the secret santa. i've been wanting to know if you had gotten him yet or not. haven't really been able to check with yak being down!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2006, 03:19 PM »
The Rebel Trooper is AWESOME.  I also really like the backstory you created for him... I'll have to write it up and post it.  What a great figure... I always love your customs, but even more in person.  Wow.  Really outstanding work, I think your painting puts mine to shame.

I agree on the Rebel I made, I need to paint his bandolier thing better like you suggested.

Sorry about the Yakface forums.  It's out of our control right now, hopefully we'll have them up sometime this week.   :-\

;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Early Rebel Medical Droid
I actually really like the arms & color on this one - it looks like it belongs on a back-water world, in a good way ;)

Early Rebel Probe Droid
While I REALLY like what you did w/ the tracks & the radar dishes, I actually don't care for the color on this one - I look at it & keep finding myself expecting it to be painted up in multiple shades of brown, rust, and gray & gray/pink. Like a car made up of parts that all had primer applied by different people...  hope that made sense...

Rebel Trooper
Nice work 'Stylez! I dig the trooper mixed with arm & shin wraps. He's kinda dark, but still looks like he'd fit right in with some rebellious, down & dirty guerrilla fighters. Please do post the back story!

Rebel Tank
Er, actually, I hate to say it, 'specially seeing as how I usually like Owen's work, but I don't really care for it... I guess it's that the sides look too flimsy, and the over all shape it a little too simplistic for my taste... It's nice, but were it mine, (which it aint, of course), I'd maybe put some railing on the out side wall, (2 pipes, full side length, wrapping around to the back, one bigger than the other, smallest on top, just bellow the current side/back-handles), a canopy cover over the front, and maybe some comm equipment here & there...  But that's just my 0.02$

Over all, awesome stuff, I can't wait to see it all in action!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Thanks Pendragon... I think you are right, the probe droid looks too bright.  I think a lot of it is the flash.  Maybe if I take the pic of it against a lighter background, the droid itself won't absorb so much of the flash.  It's darker in person.  If I can't get it to look right, I might repaint it.  I appreciate your honesty!   ;D

On the tank, I personally love this thing.  It's so cool in person.  Maybe these pics here will illustrate it better, maybe not. 

http://www.owenscustoms.com/rebelarmoredspeederpage1.html

I'm not too good on making vehicles, so to me this is really cool.  I like the simple look to it. If you guys don't want it as part of the UGP though, that's ok too!

;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2006, 08:45 PM »
I appreciate your honesty!   ;D

:-[ I hope I wasn't too brutal there...  I do actually like these pieces  ;D And you know I think your paint jobs are top notch. I can just get lost in commenting on the details that catch me off guard.

And speaking of details,
This: , this: , and this:
totally change my mind - I love the details here! Those, & the asymmetry, are very, very cool. Thanks for the link!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 08:47 PM by PenDragon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2006, 02:13 AM »
Yeah, I took horrible pics of the tank.  Glad you like it better with all the cool pics on Owen's site!

Also I redid the probe droid some... what do you think now?  Any better? Worse? 

And here's a better pic of the medic.

;)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2006, 09:05 AM »
Ooo! Cool man  8)

I really like the added color to the Probe Droid, and I forgot to mention that I love the FX-7 arms on the medical droid!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2006, 03:59 PM »
The new paint job on that droid is sooooo much nicer.
Very cool stuff chewie. As usual.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 1, 2007, 07:58 PM »
Here are a few Rebel Concepts I made up for the UGP. LMK what you think.

Rebels!

Rapid Repeating Blaster Rebel Trooper

Rebel Sniper

Heavy Ordinance Rebel Trooper

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #133 on: January 1, 2007, 10:00 PM »
To quote myself from the Yak:

HOLY CRAP. :o

Er, I mean, nice work Fritzy! :D

What a GREAT squad!

Rapid Repeating Blaster Rebel Trooper
I love that bash - what a killer mix of tech.... Just screams heavy duty repeater!
On the trooper: I like the use of the bbi legs, and the head you used (which I can't place) works pretty well - specially with the Endor helmet. I also like the placement of the Solo blaster. Very cool. Only thing I don't really care for is that particular assault vest. It seems to fit the torso fairly well, but I guess I just don't dig the style on the vest?

Rebel Sniper
Perhaps my fave outta the bunch. I love the guy's outfit, and the choice of that bbi head damn near perfectly conveys the right feel for your figure. Nice use of that gun too (tho I might add a little detail, or perhaps a black wash to it - again, just my preference). The sling looks awesome! Where'd it come from?
The outfit could make a great uniform for a small squad - like a militia made from the remnants of some planetary guard unit or.

Or hell, that could be the uniform of Judde Lulos' Guard Units, and this guy could be a deserter after the Empire came in and conscripted them....

Heavy Ordinance Rebel Trooper
I like everything ('cept the LAW - couldn't tell you why, it just bugs me a tiny bit - bulkiness maybe?). Anyway, I like the head choice, like the use of the helmet, like the pack, love the uniform (again), and love the shoulder pad & detail - truly awesome!

Great work here Fritzkrieg. I hope we get to see them at C4 8)

I need to see these guys with Chewie's droids - I think they'd go great together....
« Last Edit: January 1, 2007, 10:00 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 1, 2007, 10:01 PM »
W :oW Fritz that is some excellent stuff. These guys look great. But nothing that I haven't come to expect from you. ;D I cant wait to see what else youve got coming. You really went above and beyond for these guys.

The Heavy Ordinance trooper is my fave of the bunch.as soon as I stop having issues with my photobucket account, I'm going to post all of the stuff I've made here.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2007, 10:02 PM by Darth_Ennis »