Author Topic: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.  (Read 98366 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I've just spent about 40 hours over the last 3 days moving my entire collection, which is a necessity in getting things moved around for the baby room, so sorry I've missed the last few days of posts.  I'll read them as soon as I can and get more of an idea of what is going on.

What I can say is THIS though - we want this diorama to look as good as possible.  If the leaders on site receive some items that stick out like a sore thumb, or just don't seem to fit in, etc - they have they right to not display something.  I'll be sending close to 50 customs for this (citizens, which are what we need).  If only 10 of them get put into it because they don't seem to fit in or are not good enough, then so be it - this project is constantly evolving and we all need to understand that. 

As for number of Rebels, anywhere from 8-12 - really anything more than that we get into a full scale battle, which isn't what this is going to be... if it was, the citizens would all be hiding in their homes!  I think we should go with a small Rebel strike force - either one team of up to 12, or two squads of 6 men each and a few Jedi facing off against Vader.

And I believe this project to be closer to 75% diorama, 15% customs, and 10% standard Hasbro figures.  There has been a motherload of work put into construction of the landscape, city, wall, etc. - and it's FAR from being done.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I was thinking that whatever we can't place inside the diorama can be placed on a table over at the official booth. We can fill it with additional customs and let PenDragon's Twi'lik strippers watch over them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
I've just spent about 40 hours over the last 3 days moving my entire collection, which is a necessity in getting things moved around for the baby room

Been there... When i moved mine, One of my 6 shelf cabinets tipped and ALL my figures spilled out.  I know your pain.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I've just spent about 40 hours over the last 3 days moving my entire collection, which is a necessity in getting things moved around for the baby room

Been there... When i moved mine, One of my 6 shelf cabinets tipped and ALL my figures spilled out.  I know your pain.

Me too. I don't even have a star wars room anymore. But I sware, as God is my witness, I will regain my star wars room again someday!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Luckily my wife is letting me keep my Star Wars room when the baby is born. Instead we are converting our guest room into a nursery.
Fritzkrieg

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
perhaps there is a comprimis that can be made on the rebel issue....

if there is oging to be a force of 12 rebels, we can make 6 of the from fritzkriegs rebel, to include the fleet helmets and insignia and make the other 6 dressed in civilian clothes and gear, to immply the they had been recruited for the rebel movment on that planet and are not yet ofited as the rebels.

it would be cool for people to get the idea of there being some rebels that look like average citizens, so that they could be spies and gather information and move freely through out the city, as the rebels with the insiginia and fleet helmets wouldn't be able to do that..

what do you guys think?
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
I still feel 12 is too many Rebels, but I think 4 and 4 might be a good fit...
"This is the way."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
the numbers can be changed i'm sure, the idea of half clearly identifiable rebels and half citizen rebels was what i was trying to illustrate. so that we could use the rebels fritz worked so hard on and give it that small anti imperial cell feel to it. so hopefully this is somthing that may help to settle the rebel dispute..... ;)
=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: UGP Custom Figures and Vehicles thread.
« Reply #263 on: April 3, 2007, 11:56 PM »
here's another custom i've just finished. the back story is for my universe. if he is somthing that might be used in the ugp, he can ditch the lightsaber and just be a rebel in civilian clothes or he can ditch all the gear, just have the backpack and be a flat out citizen, whatever works.....

=Braz Kirez= Rebel Fighter/former Jedi Knight("order 66"survivor)

Braz was a Jedi Knight at the fall of the Republic. He was on a Repubic Gunship, full of Clone Trooper when "Order 66" was given. The Clone Commander on the Gunship tried to make quick work of him, pointing a blaster at the back of his head, but it didn't go as planned. Braz, getting a small force tremor that somthing wasn't right avoided the blast. He fought with all his skills and force ability to hold off the Clone Troopers, but with all the fighting in such close quarters, the gunship was damaged and crippled, crashing to a canyon floor. The crash killed every last trooper and nearly killed Braz as well. He SLummperd out of the crash and made his way to a downed V-Wing fighter, who's pilot was KIA. The Starfighter was operational and Braz made his way off planet. he went into a Jedi healing trans and flaoted the galaxy for 8 days. After he was well he made his way to Tatooine. There he met up with an old Quarren friend who filled him in on the recent rumors and holovid broadcasts. Always a man of action, Braz quickly utilized his resources, contacting others who resist the New Empire. He and his amll group of rebel friends prepare, plotting, arming themselves and organizing other resitance groups, so that they may stike back at the new evil empire when the time is right.....

=Braz Kirez= Rebel Fighter/former Jedi Knight

-all of his gear is removable, including a backpack with real adjustable straps.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2007, 12:37 AM by Ryan »
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I think up to 12 rebels might work, but definitely no more than that... the way I see it, one good Rebel is worth at least 2-3 Stormies in a fight... meaning if we had 12 Rebels, they could easily take out at least 24 Stormies... especially that killer Wookiee that Fritz made.

Basically what I'm getting at is that I don't think the Rebels should have too heavy of a force; that if there are Jedi present too, 12 Rebels plus a few Jedi could really do a hell of a lot of damage.  I'm more leaning towards 10 Rebels, but I think that once on site the guys will set up as needed.  If once the diorama is up and in place it looks better with 12 Rebels, then they'll put 12 out.  But really, a Rebel tank I think is just giving these guys too many resources as they try to do what I consider a small strike.  If it seems like it's too many, they may take a couple out.  Things are going to possibly change in the number of figures on display on site.  It's just the way it has to be. 

And I think Jesse hit the nail on the head, these troops are more of a special forces (though at this point the Rebellion is still a small band and not very organized).  I like the idea of more of an Endor look to them.  After all, they had to go through the terrain on the planet to get to the city, and would have probably been equipped to blend into the planet's environment.

Now, back to the Imperials - Fritz has made some absolutely BEAUTIFUL Imperials this past week, no doubt there and they all fit in well.  But at this point I really, really think we need to concentrate on non-military customs moving forward.  Aliens, humans, droids, etc. for the streets are what we really need. 

Now for the other stuff - I will start finishing my section of the wall hopefully tomorrow night, I am a day late because I need a new bit for my dremel, my sander bit broke tonight, which really ticks me off.  So I have to go to Walmart and find a new one then I'll finish up my section of the wall and mail to Phruby.

Regarding the Gun Tower - Owen emailed me and said I'll have it sometime next week, then I can get it shipped to.  As soon as I have pics I'll update.

Also the bit tower that I have almost finished needs a touch up on painting, then I can send it (hopefully next week...) and I need to get rolling on the junkyard.  Man I wish I had more time.  I'm wondering if I make the "base" for it out of wood and mail it to someone if they'd be interested in painting it.  Any takers?

Regarding the collection room - I'm so glad that it's finally moved, now I just have a ton of junk to go through, see what I do and don't want to keep that was in plastic tubs, and get the baby room ready... I have no idea when I'll even be able to do another photonovel, which definitely won't be until after June.   :-\

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 4, 2007, 12:20 AM »
3 new denizens for the UGP. LMK what you think.

What would Star Wars be without Dwarves

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 4, 2007, 12:28 AM »
Mesa likes... great work Fritz!  I really like the parts on the Nautolan!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
the numbers can be changed i'm sure, the idea of half clearly identifiable rebels and half citizen rebels was what i was trying to illustrate. so that we could use the rebels fritz worked so hard on and give it that small anti imperial cell feel to it. so hopefully this is somthing that may help to settle the rebel dispute..... ;)

I really like this idea.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
At this stage of the rebellion, I have to think that the Jedi and the Rebels would be working independently.  Otherwise, I think Obi-Wan would have been pulled in much much earlier. 

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I was rumaging around in my Star Wars room for fodder parts and I was looking at my own Droid Workshop/Junkyard dio and noticed some droids I'd put in as sort of a cameo. There is alway hidden cameos or easter eggs in the movies would'nt it be neet to slip a couple of non-Star Wars Iconic Droids or robots in as little easter eggs. I have a couple in mind.

What do you think?
Fritzkrieg