Author Topic: Next question, light saber colors  (Read 3259 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Next question, light saber colors
« on: May 21, 2003, 08:28 PM »
OK, as I understand it, the light saber blade color is related to the particular power source used for the saber itself.  This is related to the choice made by the Jedi in question.

The real question I have, and I'm certain it's been answered a million times before, but I'm just too lazy (comes with age) is why are Sith saber blades always red?  

I know I should know, but I don't. :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Next question, light saber colors
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 10:59 PM »
I was trying to find something "concrete" about this on starwars.com's website, but there's nothing about the actual colors of the blades.  The obvious answer is that all Sith use red lightsabers... it's the color that distinguishes them from the Jedi.

Did I answer your question?  I doubt it.
dustrho

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 12:39 AM »
I have heard that it has got to do with the cystal being dangerous so the Jedi don't use them but the Sith uses them so they can have alot of power.  That probally doesn't answer your question.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 01:34 AM »
Good suggestions, but there has to be something concrete out there, maybe in one of the books.  Thanks for the answers though.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2003, 08:27 PM »
I remember a paragraph in Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter that explained Maul's fabrication and what he did to the crystal to make his double ended Jedi slayer.

I don't have time to skim the book for it now, but there was something on that in there.

:o
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 8, 2003, 10:55 PM »
Damn, now I'll have to learn how to read.   I know I saw something somewhere, but where was it?  I think it related to a yellow saber color....

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2003, 12:51 AM »
Read no more, I've got your answer.

From the Episode 2 Visual Dictionary, Pg. 62, under "Foundations", and I quote..

The Sith use syntheic lightsaber crystals, which generate a stronger blade when energized by the dark side of the force. Th advantage is slim, but the very appearance of a red blade is a symbol of hateful power.

You can draw your own conclusions from there, but there really isn't any solid evidence for Jedi lightsaber colors. Mace just got a purple one because Samuel L. Jackson wanted one, Padawan's have blue, Masters have green, etc. Even thats not true,

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 6, 2003, 09:51 PM »
Heres how it works:

Sith make synthetic crystals for their sabers by sitting in front of a furnace, and using the Dark Side of the force to streingthen them.

Or some related stuff I read in a book about Maul at one point...

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2003, 04:54 PM »
Great Question!   I have always wondered about this as well...  I think I will write LFL and see if I can get a answer about it,  providing I get a responce I will Post it. :)