Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126538 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #360 on: April 8, 2007, 05:50 PM »
Not sure if this could be used.

I call it a PDC (Planetary Defense Cannon)

LMK what you guys think
Fritzkrieg

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #361 on: April 8, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Definatly!! Weather it up.

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #362 on: April 8, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Fritz,

Not my decision, but that is awesome. I also like that styrofoam structure in the back. I have a shelf of fodder styrofoam from TVs and stereo equipment and they do make great structure.

And now a base update. Roron suggested the painted dark grey area on the first level would make a great additional step, so here we go.

Mike
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 8, 2007, 06:59 PM »
The Structure behind it its from a Flat Screen Monitor Box. I just painted it but It's not looking so hot. I'm goint to put another coat on and see if it works out. I also goofed on the glue I used. So it looks like some of the structure is crumbling ama around the doors and windows. I could use some typ of puddy to fill the gaps. We'll see
Fritzkrieg

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 8, 2007, 07:11 PM »
Sarge,
Perfect, now that pops. I like the extra addition and it also breaks up the light grey on the lower section.

Now the fountain part would need to be elevated, but we can worry about that when I know how much room we have to work with. Unless the idea gets voted down.

Plus I like the dark grey over a solid black. Looks more like art that way, but again I would love to hear what others think.

Fritz,
Same here on that dish. That thing looks cool, I would like to know parts you used. Those customs are the best when you take whatever you have around and throw something together. Awesome, maybe use that styrofoam block and mount it, like a fire control center.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 8, 2007, 07:14 PM »
Here is the structure I was going to use as a base
What do you think

Fritzkrieg

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #366 on: April 8, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Fritz,
Great googly moogly... That is awesome.

Roron,
added a 1/2 block under the 'fountain' since we added a 1/2 step. Here is a pic.

So here is the question: Are we ready to glue the levels together? If so, I can clamp it overnight and it should be nice and dry by morning. We can make a decision on the fountain tomorrow (Monday) as my model railroad water is too old and not coorperating with me. Besides the post office beside my work, I have a craft / model railroad store on the other side of work. So I can wander over tomorrow and get some more water effects if we go with the fountain or water inside the base.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Mike
« Last Edit: April 8, 2007, 07:35 PM by Sarge »

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 8, 2007, 07:55 PM »
Sarage - I love the way your base turned out.  100x better than what I had in mind.

Fritz - I absolutely LOVE your building.  However, I have to be completely honest, as cool as the gun looks, I really don't think you should include it.  This city is not a military installation.  Too much artillery just wouldn't look right.  However, I think you building has all the little nuiances that will really, really make it stand out.  It just looks great!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 8, 2007, 08:41 PM »
Sarge,
Yes, you have a go for glue. I'm waiting on glue right now myself, so in a bit I should be able to post pictures and let you know what we have to work with on the fountain. Looks great.

Fritz,
That is awesome and what I thought of when I suggested mounting the dish. I like the M113 APC parts used. They really work on that building. The texture is even cool looking and looks perfect.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 8, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Wow Roron your good. I thought Chewie would have guessed the parts pretty quickly because he used one for his Imp Tank.

I have it assemble now and the 1st wash is drying. The dish can be removed if you guys don't want to use it. I just have to figure out what to put in it's place.

Fritzkrieg

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #370 on: April 8, 2007, 09:25 PM »
Roron,

Glued and clamped for the night. This old guy has to get some sleep. I will check the thread again in the a.m. from work.

Mike

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 8, 2007, 09:39 PM »
Thanks Fritz. I collect that stuff too. Not so much into the Modern, but am big on the WWII stuff. When it comes to 21st C stuff, I can almost pick it out right away.  

Okay update

I still have much sanding and adding minor supports, but overall the globe is complete.

Need some suggestions on weathering. I was thinking of a green chalk sense of the copper, and the paint didn't weather like I would have hoped. I really like the hammered look, but would like to hear what others think. I don't really know if my weather skills are up to par, but I can alway try and if it isn't liked have someone else give it a try. Anyway, let me know what you guys thinK. Thanks
roron corobb
« Last Edit: April 8, 2007, 09:46 PM by roron corobb »
my feedback link

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 8, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Here's my Buildong all weathered up. I can't figure out what to put in the hole where I was going to mount the cannon. Any ideas?

Fritzkrieg

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #373 on: April 8, 2007, 10:40 PM »
How about the Satellite without the long barrel on it, Make it like a Sensor array for the Turbo laser or something.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2007, 10:41 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 8, 2007, 10:45 PM »
Looks pretty good Fritz, I do have to agree that I like it better without the cannon too, just because it seemed a little more like a rogue group base with the cannon like that, instead of Imperial.  We do have one large cannon that WILL be included on a tower though, which is this -

Owen almost has it finished up, he just has some painting to do.  This is made for my personal collection but will be on loan for the project.

:P