Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126048 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Either one would work I'd think. I hate the damn strings on hot glue so I often avoid it. Hob-e-Tac isn't supposed to completely dry, it is supposed to remain tacky. It should work if I us it along with some other internal supports. I'll figure something out though, it shouldn't be a problem.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2007, 05:39 PM »
I've never used the Hob-e-Tac, so I have no idea how it works.

But, just in case it *might* be a good idea to have a roll of this stuff on hand -

:P

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2007, 07:09 PM »
Either one would work I'd think. I hate the damn strings on hot glue so I often avoid it. Hob-e-Tac isn't supposed to completely dry, it is supposed to remain tacky. It should work if I us it along with some other internal supports. I'll figure something out though, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ryan,
I think you are right.  If you use some dowels or toothpicks as support, it might work out just fine.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 30, 2007, 08:57 AM »
I had a completely unproductive weekend (from an UGP perspective).  My son had his first communion and we had a bunch of relatives visiting all weekend.  As its stands now, I can finish the market stall and the street "lamps" (but they will be mailed by the 7th I'd guess).   I just don't see being able to finish the cantina because I haven't been able to start it yet.  If the leaders think we have enough buildings then maybe I shouldn't worry about it. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 30, 2007, 11:38 AM »
I think we're ok without the Cantina Brent.  It would be a great addition, but I think that space is filling up pretty quickly.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #515 on: April 30, 2007, 12:10 PM »
I had the same type of weekend brentS, Veroncia's baptism.
So, i'm gonna be scrambling tonight to get a few more pieces done.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 30, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Same here... just prepping for the kid to get here.

I went out and picked up the baby cradle, crib, and changing table.  Then put them together and in the baby room.  Now I have to go buy a dresser.  This is getting expensive.

Last night I weathered the tower some - looks a lot better now, and it's in the mail.  So it will be to Phruby this week.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:39 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 30, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Welcome to Parenthood you guys. Remember it just gets more expensive from here.  ;)

But it's all worth it. :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 30, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Welcome to Parenthood you guys. Remember it just gets more expensive from here.  ;)

But it's all worth it. :D

Amen

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #519 on: April 30, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Quote from: YAK_Chewie
Great looking stuff Danielb!

The fruit stand area really adds a lot of life and realism to it. It's nice seeing a building that has an everyday citizen function to it.  Very well done, thanks for the contribution!

:wink:

This is a nice looking building and the fruit looks great. I do have a few questions though:

A) Who is this guy?
B) What are the dimensions on the building?
C) Has it already been shipped, cause the color will make it stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe Phruby can repaint it with this guy's permission? A bunch of grey stone buildings with one random tan adobe thrown in won't look right. I want to include this cause it is a great looking building, but that color won't work with what we are going with... :-\
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 30, 2007, 03:52 PM »
He's a relatively new contributor over at YakFace.  He was inspired by all the UGP and wanted to contribute.  I think he made and shipped this to Phruby before any of us knew it was coming.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 30, 2007, 05:07 PM »
Reply from Daniel over at Yakface:

Quote from: Danielb
not a problem. The main building is just a couple passes of two different krylon spray paints. Krylon dry's fast so it'd probably be best to go over it with a light gray spray of krylon. the metal trim stuff is mostly just wet and dry brushing over a silver spray base.  So taping it would probably be a bad idea.

Of course if someone wants to hand paint it in gray that'd really make some of the adobe pop up.

Any way do what you need to do to make it fit.  I'm fairly easy going.
 Can't wait to till C4 pics are up.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 30, 2007, 05:12 PM »
I'm pretty sure he sent me a PM a while back asking what we needed, and I told him some sort of market building and I think I told him to PM Phruby for his address.  This was a while back.

Either way, it's a great looking building.  If it can be turned into a more gray tone I think it will be a very, very nice addition to the city.  Also nice to see another contributor, this kind of came out of the blue!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 30, 2007, 06:12 PM »
here is a couple pics of my other market stall that i put together. it far more simple that the first, but i actually like it better. on the canopy i was running a lighter around it to give it that singed dirty look and well, it lit up a bit. there a good sized scorch mark and about a quater sized hole on it now, but it still looks decent. thie one is a rare stone and antiqueties merchant. id love to hear what you guys think. know what you guys think.

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 30, 2007, 06:41 PM »
JediStyle - That is freakin' sweet.  I love it!