Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126505 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #540 on: May 1, 2007, 04:00 PM »
I think we need to talk to Phruby about the wall - he was going to try and make very specific angles on it... I'm all for maximizing the space, whatever you guys come up with is up to you!

As for the wilderness area, I don't see why we couldn't have a couple of the vehicles out there, and a few figures too.  If we end up with more Rebels than expected there's no reason why we could't have the Rebels all out in the wilderness fighting the Imperials, and as far as battles go - have only the Jedi in the city or a mix of Jedi and Rebels. 

If we end up using the Rebel speeder, it could go in the wilderness - and I think that both AT-ST's should be out there as well.

Also - CRAP!  I forgot to send the BARC Speeders.  I'll do that tomorrow.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #541 on: May 1, 2007, 04:03 PM »
We (we being Justin and I) were thinking a BARC or two out on patrol, maybe an AT-ST, and maybe a small stromtrooper recon team would work. We could also have one of the civilian speeders approaching the gate and some troopers could be checking their papers. I think Justin included some animals with his packed too that could be out in the woods. We may also want a small Rebel recon team, scouting Imperial movements, or your heavy trooper aimed at the AT-ST...
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #542 on: May 1, 2007, 04:09 PM »
I think we need to talk to Phruby about the wall - he was going to try and make very specific angles on it... I'm all for maximizing the space, whatever you guys come up with is up to you!

Well the front part of the city wall, the part he is working on, would still be exactly the same. You made your part in sections correct? All this method would require is rotating one of your pieces 90 degrees and then painting the exposed side. It would be very little work and shouldn't require any cutting.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 1, 2007, 04:29 PM »
I made three sections... can't remember exact measurements, but I want to say they are 24 inches, 24 inches, and 22 inches... at least I think.  They do still need to be detailed/painted however.

As for animals - yeah I included a couple - nothing too major though.

...but they should add a bit of life to the environment.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #544 on: May 1, 2007, 04:50 PM »
One of those 2' sections should work perfectly to rotate. We definitely are going to want to limit what we put in the landscape area, it is only 16 sq ft so we don't want it to look over crowded.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 1, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Yeah - if anything, I'd rather the diorama have a few less figures/vehicles in it rather than look TOO crowded.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 1, 2007, 05:09 PM »
I was planning on sending a Nexu (the cat thing) to put in the wilderness too.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 1, 2007, 06:23 PM »

Has the specs for this wall changed? Right now, I have four sanded down boxes of various lengths and it seems to spec has changed. Can I get one definitive version of the spec before I put these boxes under my midder saw? Personally, I would rather leave them uncut and just add some texturing, paint and some little accessories.

Please come up with one spec and send it to me.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #548 on: May 1, 2007, 06:40 PM »
Paul, the specs I gave you a month ago are still the same nothing has changed on your part of the wall. Just to be clear these are the ones I'm talking about:

Yours HAS to be like this. The terrain and city won't fit together any other way. The back part, Justin's part, is the part that changes. Even then it doesn't involve any extra cutting or even any additional work.

"This is the way."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 2, 2007, 07:40 AM »
Can we get some pics of what you have done Ryan? (landscape)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 2, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Ok. Let me get this straight. The four boxes Chewie set are not these wall segments. I shouldn't do any cutting to the boxes Chewie sent. Just texture them and paint them.  Correct?

For these, I need to hand make these three new segments for the front wall. Right?

« Last Edit: May 2, 2007, 09:52 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #551 on: May 2, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Correct.
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 2, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Cool.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 2, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Hope you don't have too much trouble with the angles Paul.  I had a terrible time with my part of the wall due to my lack of having a good workspace for this or a good saw, plus I was in a crunch to get things done and shipped...  I had to do my part with a regular handsaw, and to be honest I can't build things worth a crap.

Do you need some greeblies to add to it?  I'm not sure what you are planning on adding, but with my experience with the junkyard wall, things like commtech chips worked really well.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 2, 2007, 05:29 PM »

Do you need some greeblies to add to it?  I'm not sure what you are planning on adding, but with my experience with the junkyard wall, things like commtech chips worked really well.

I really liked those comtech chip additions.  A number of us also used pieces from the EP1 accessory kits.