Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126036 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2007, 10:01 AM »
Great statue!  That 9" figure (or however big it is) is just right. A really neat touch!

... the Findswoman

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #601 on: May 16, 2007, 10:39 AM »
Nice work paul, love the  details in the gate.

I would add some dirt/weather the statue. Its stands exposed in our dusty dirty town( remember mining operation town).

I love the cleaness of the black but it needs to be dirty.  Maybe even some place where the paint is worn/chipped off. Cause of people throwing rocks at it and such.( not everone likes the emperor  ;) )

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 16, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Thanks guys. I got better at the foam board as I worked with it.

Since this is an imperial outpost, the imperials would keep the statue of their ruler clean and maintained. Imperials to me are very intense on cleanleness and order and that is the way they keep all of their equipment when they are not in a battle or in deep desert patrol for long time. I can see them having a couple of stormtroopers assigned to keeping the statue clean. In fact, I'm planning on adding some graffitte to the outside of the wall and having a stormtrooper standing there with a paint brush painting it over.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:20 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I'm planning on adding some graffitte to the outside of the wall and having a stormtrooper standing there with a paint brush painting it over.

I love it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 21, 2007, 01:09 PM »
I've been very much out of the loop the past week due mostly to not having computer access.

The wall didn't come out exactly like I had envisioned but with all we've had going on lately, I think it's a miracle that the wall even got made!  I would have preferred to not have used the straws for design, but I know this was a pain to make Phruby, so thank you for stepping up and putting it together.  I really like the door way - great work on that.

The Palpatine statue looks good - for the base, I might suggest if on site tryting to rework that, as some of the edges look frayed from what I see.  I do like the concept though.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 21, 2007, 01:18 PM »
It won't be changed.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours