Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126431 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2007, 02:05 PM »
I don't know about the size, I'd say anywhere from 8-10 inches tall?  If you could make something like that, awesome.

Also here are dimensions of a couple of things that I have -

The Turbo Laser is something Owen is working on right now, measurements will most likely be about 7 inches x 7 inches for width and length - height, anywhere from 12 inches to 18 inches.

For the Imperial Tower, is is shaped more or less like a triangle.  So I measured the length of each of the sides - approximately 13 inches on each side.

:P 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Oh yeah - by the way here's what that tower looks like again, which is two feet tall.  It's about 90% complete, I have to do some more detail painting, add just a "touch" of weathering and then seal it.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2007, 06:55 PM »
I still think that tower's incredible, Chewie.  I'm going to start my structure in a couple weeks and send it with a couple more figs to MP.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2007, 07:09 PM »
This may sound like a stupid question but, is there a door?
"This is the way."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Just my opinion

I love the tower but I see it on top off a more functinal building (IE to scale with figures that could fit figures inside )

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2007, 11:41 PM »
Thanks Dagobah.  And it's pretty simple - this is only a repaint of a DC Heros Tower playset.  You can find them at Big Lots for $20.00 each.  There's not a door on it, but there are some "play features" that open up on it, but I think they're a bit funky.  I just leave it as it is with them all closed up.  There's no door on it.  If you guys don't want this in the UGP, that's totally fine, doesn't matter to me.  I do think it makes for some good filler though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2007, 01:30 AM »
I'm thinking I need to make a trip to Big Lots...  Some interior work could help it become a nice industrial piece.  Interesting.  Never seen that before...

Anyway I knwo my random thoughts are OT there, so basically I think it's decent for filler too.  Looks very Industrial to me.  Not livable...  Industrial.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2007, 03:04 AM »
Good filler sore sure. I think it will fit in nicely somewhere in the city. Maybe we could try and come up with something else for the tower though? Like Jesse was saying it looks great as an industrial piece. But as far as the Imperial tower goes maybe we should try some thing that looks like it could be a command center of some sort?

Or something like Patreek suggested could be cool too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:05 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Have we decided on a color-scheme and a wall-texture for the various buildings yet?  I've sketched out a design for an open air cantina in the market area.  I'm going to try to build the base structure this weekend and need to decide how to texture it. 

Also, any general tips that you'd prefer for basic building size?  I can see a 7 x 9' area filling up very very fast with buildings.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Would my test dio be needed for outside the city walls?  I'm not going to need it, and maybe it can fit between some trees or something:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 1, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Greg - we'll have to wait for Ryan to chime in on your test piece. 

I started working on some trees last night.  All of the cores and the armature wiring is finished.  I'm going to plaster them up and paint them this weekend.  I'll post pictures then.  We can decide if they are usuable and how many more we'd want.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 1, 2007, 02:57 PM »
I love that piece Daigo-Bah, it's beautiful.  But I really don't see how we can piece things like that together.  I'm afraid the whole landscape is going to look like there was a massive earthquake and different pieces of land are crunched up together.  I wish we could do just one large piece of the landscape, with a basic material base and add on the trees, bushes, cliffs, etc. on site.  I think that's the only way the landscape will appear uniform.  If we can't do that... crap.  I honestly don't see how the land will look right at all. 

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #222 on: March 1, 2007, 05:48 PM »
**** my god damn internet. I just spent 45 minutes typing up a real nice reply to the last few posts and it is so sporatic I lost it. I clicked on post, it said 'cannot find page', and i clicked refresh a few times and got nothing. I clicked back a my whole post was gone. If I have time I'll repost it later tonight. >:(
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 1, 2007, 06:31 PM »
**** my god damn internet. I just spent 45 minutes typing up a real nice reply to the last few posts and it is so sporatic I lost it. I clicked on post, it said 'cannot find page', and i clicked refresh a few times and got nothing. I clicked back a my whole post was gone. If I have time I'll repost it later tonight. >:(

LMAO (sorry)!   ;D   :-*

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 1, 2007, 07:14 PM »
... said 'cannot find page', and i clicked refresh a few times and got nothing. I clicked back a my whole post was gone. If I have time I'll repost it later tonight. >:(

That sucks...