Author Topic: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design  (Read 126644 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - Diorama Construction/Design
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2007, 03:18 PM »
I think news paper might be a little Low Tech for Star Wars. How about some hollow screens on some of the buldings. We could have them running wanted posters of some of our Rebel customs.

I think i have the holo billboards thing solved.  I took those "Join the empire" artwork with the female troopers, and printed them on Transparency film.
I added some navi-screen linework from the general riken deluxe pack. I'll take pics tonight or tomorrow and post. But they look good,
And you can see them from either side.

Should finsih my buildings this weekend too.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2007, 05:00 PM »

I think i have the holo billboards thing solved.  I took those "Join the empire" artwork with the female troopers, and printed them on Transparency film.
I added some navi-screen linework from the general riken deluxe pack. I'll take pics tonight or tomorrow and post. But they look good,
And you can see them from either side.

That sounds great!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Okay, here it is complete and waiting for the base. I might have to add or change the legs some to mount on the base. I’m just not sure of the steps are going to be in the way or not. If they are I have one of two ways to fix it.

First I was thinking of adding a post straight up and down to the base where the legs would have mounted. Bringing up the height to clear the steps.

Or second I could notch the legs where they would hit the step as if the supports are going though the step.

Any ideas if I run into this problem or any other suggestions?

Here is a shot of the legs. I went with less supports that I wanted do to them not working out as well as I like, but it looks less jammed up which is a plus.

I went without weathering, because I like the effects of the paint. If I weathered it I don't know if they would have changed is the main reason, but a few others suggested it. Here is a picture showing some of the effects. It has multiple light sources with flash. The shadows that are created are cool looking and I think they give off their own weathering to some point.

Let me know what you think? Thanks
roron corobb

PS:
Chewie I think the tall one would be better for the same reason, the dominating presences.

Glassman, look forward to seeing what you have done.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:53 PM by roron corobb »
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Whoa, Roron that turned out GREAT!!!!

I really, really like that.  If after the project is complete, and you don't want it back, I would love to add that to my collection... if we could work anything out please let me know.  What a great addition this is man, the leg stilts are awesome, and the paint looks perfect just as it is. 

If you can leave the legs as they are, I don't see any problem with them at all.

:P

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2007, 12:11 AM »
Whoa, Roron that turned out GREAT!!!!

I really, really like that.  If after the project is complete, and you don't want it back, I would love to add that to my collection... if we could work anything out please let me know.  What a great addition this is man, the leg stilts are awesome, and the paint looks perfect just as it is. 

Thank you for the compliments. Funny for you to ask that Chewie, as I was wondering the same thing as to how that was going to work sense Sarge and I both have work into this. I liked this idea so much I had to get a few more Complete Galaxies to try some of the other ideas I had on. Was able to get one of each so far. This project moved fast too, so I could always make you one if nothing comes from the UGP one. This one was a trail and error, so the next should be a breeze. Was even thinking about different emblems for bases and fountains. I would love to set one up on an axis and motorize it to spin, something like the World at Universal Studios. Maybe in my next venture on one.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Roron, great job!  Geez, I can't WAIT to see the pics of this whole thing when complete.  I'll have WIP pics of my structure later today, too.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2007, 11:34 AM »
Roron, That looks Great.

Here are a couple of the holo screen advertisments.

Adi is behind for scale.

These are free standing, and can be put ontop of buildings or on the ground.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2007, 11:43 AM »
SweeT!! :D
Fritzkrieg

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Glassman,
Those are cool. Would also like to hear how you made them step by step. How many did you make? If you make any more I would suggest changing the lettering, but I really like them and will have to try this one myself down the road. They one with the side mount I think looks the best, as I thing the rail on the other takes away from the picture some.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Glassman, great job dude! I love the effect. My only suggestion is the lettering...did they use the English alphabet in the Galaxy Far Far Away?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2007, 02:42 PM »
I really don't mind the English wording. The old West End Games Imperial Recruitment adds had english words in them. Maybe English is the native tongue on or little world.
Fritzkrieg

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2007, 05:00 PM »
I really don't mind the English wording. The old West End Games Imperial Recruitment adds had english words in them. Maybe English is the native tongue on or little world.

Good call Fritz!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2007, 06:00 PM »
I hate to be a nerd here but should it not be called Basic???

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Well this really isn't english. But Basic has its own set of letters. 26 of them very similar to english. Its called Aurabesh

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2007, 07:59 PM »
I made 6 of them. I used all the existing adds.  I have to print 2 of them over again so if you all think i should change the text, i will redo them all.

Roron,

I took the linework from this...

GENERAL RIEEKAN (Hoth Evacuation)

I fit it over the original artwork, then reduced the opacity of the linework by half so the image showed through more.

Then i just laser printed them to Transparency film. ( like for an overhead projector)

Thats it. Simple, but it gets the point across.