Author Topic: Target "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack  (Read 44384 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack
« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2007, 11:55 PM »
First post in awhile. That is what a master's does to one. Anyway, The AOI is an easy pass for me. The droids are nice but the rest are just crap. I won't waste money on something that is not worth it to me. Perhaps on clearance which I bet should happen soon. I do like Felucia and picked one up.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2007, 12:36 AM »
I'm expecting a big clearance on Target's BP's along with their exclusive Transfomers sets that are overflowing at most if not all of my local Targets.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2007, 08:42 AM »
I'm expecting a big clearance on Target's BP's along with their exclusive Transfomers sets that are overflowing at most if not all of my local Targets.

Same here.  I find it funny that after my local Target treated these like gold they could not allow out of their sight (see the Felucia thread for the details on my local Target's incomparable customer service) that, at least in the case of the Ilum and TF sets, they aren't really moving at all.  The Felucia sets came and went fairly quickly, and there are none of them left, but there are at least 10 each of the Ilum and UM/SW sets on the endcaps.  Outside of the Chameleon Droids, the Ilum pack does pretty much suck, but the UM/SW TF set is really nice. 

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I have a bunch at my Target too bad I can't find anything else that I truly want ::)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Saw this on clearance today and picked it up. The droids are way bigger than I expected, which is neat. Padme pretty much stinks due to the statue like pose, I can't believe that they were going to make us pay $13 for this figure by itself. I'm glad they used some decent sculpts for the R2 and 3PO also. Overall, I'd say this BP is worth it for the chameleon droids themselves, as they could easily be $10 deluxe figures on their own.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Yeah I saw a lone AOI at Target for $13.98 yesterday. I will definitely see more at other targets, maybe for even lower prices. Im gonna wait at least until theyre 10 bucks to pick my first one up, because thats the most its possibly worth to me.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 6, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Found this for $5 yesterday. Got get 'em.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 6, 2007, 10:10 AM »
I must really not like this because I came across the $4.98 clearance yesterday and still passed.  At the same time I'd have added to my 6 Betrayal on Felucia's like crazy at that price.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 6, 2007, 11:18 PM »
I must really not like this because I came across the $4.98 clearance yesterday and still passed.  At the same time I'd have added to my 6 Betrayal on Felucia's like crazy at that price.

DUDE.

Hook a brother up with two.

I'm hard up for those droids at that price.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 7, 2007, 10:26 AM »

I'm hard up for those droids...

Way too much information!

:P
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 7, 2007, 11:56 AM »
Actually this week after looking at it, I returned my "Ambush On Ilum".. $20 much better spent on something else..

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 2, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Found one today hidden behind an inflatable pool, went to check the price and it rang up $0.00.  I asked an employee if she could tell me how much it'd be and she says that once something gets marked down to $0 that it gets donated to Goodwill.  First I'd ever heard this.  Has anybody else heard of this or was she just saying that so she didn't have look it up or whatever?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #207 on: May 2, 2007, 05:28 PM »
she says that once something gets marked down to $0 that it gets donated to Goodwill.  First I'd ever heard this.  Has anybody else heard of this or was she just saying that so she didn't have look it up or whatever?

When things ring up at $0.00, they should be able to look up the last "good" clearance price (usually 15% of the regular price) and sell it to you at that price, but it is true that Target will dump stuff at Goodwill (or similar charity outlets) if there is anything left a few weeks after it hits "final clearance" (usually 75% off).

It is a standard Target practice (or at least it happens quite often here in MN).  That is why sometimes even though a Target that has tons of something on clearance, they all suddenly diappear at times.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: May 3, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Did she give you the pack for free then?

I saw 3 Ambush on illum packs yesterday evening while on a toy run...  All 3 slipped, insert and all, into 3 Tantive IV sets.  I ALMOST bought one for the droids since the Tantive IV set is on clearance anyway. :)  I mean, the $14 for 2 Cham Droids, R2/3PO, and that lame ass Padme isn't a horrid price really.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 3, 2007, 09:41 AM »
I turned a bunch of these down for $5 dollars each.  The sat on the self for that price for a few days.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."