Author Topic: 30AC McQuarrie/Concept Figures  (Read 73662 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: McQuarrie and Other Concept Figures
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2007, 02:25 AM »
DB, did you know the Arcona's outfit was designed in the 1980's though?  Lucasfilm gave the final look approval to West End Games.  The first figure of him was a metal miniature, surprisingly true to Hasbro's figure...

It's definitely like it is "more sci fi" and trying to get to what maybe Lucas's vision and hopes had been for these characters.  I will say though, he fits with Nabrun, Greedo, and Ellors Madak I think...  All 3 had similar spacey outfits.  Greedo's more 70's though with the vest especially.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30 PM »
Chewie is a fantastic figure.  He's everything these figures should be, and that Vader is everything they shouldn't be - unfaithful.  The use of the cloth pieces does more than anything else to ruin the look of the figure.  He should sleek, shiny, plastic.  To me this looks like a POTF2 Vader with more articulation; it looks like Vader, but it's off a little.  I'm disappointed in this one.

He almost looks like a head swap figure.  I think some blue higlights would've helped as well.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:30 PM by ruiner »

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Chewie is a fantastic figure.  He's everything these figures should be, and that Vader is everything they shouldn't be - unfaithful.  The use of the cloth pieces does more than anything else to ruin the look of the figure.  He should sleek, shiny, plastic.  To me this looks like a POTF2 Vader with more articulation; it looks like Vader, but it's off a little.  I'm disappointed in this one.

He almost looks like a head swap figure.  I think some blue higlights would've helped as well.

And check out the pic of the  Kotobukiya Concept McQuarrie Duel  on the front page... THAT's how THIS Vader is SUPPOSED to look.  Way to screw it up Hasblo!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56 PM »

And check out the pic of the  Kotobukiya Concept McQuarrie Duel  on the front page... THAT's how THIS Vader is SUPPOSED to look.  Way to screw it up Hasblo!

Oboewan

I was thinking that too, but they still have too much texture to the fabric and neglected the ragged cape design. I don't know, I think they both miss the target enough that I will pass.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2007, 07:07 PM »
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:CloneBlazeTrooper.JPG

I'm waiting for Hasbro to make this thing.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Thats pretty cool, looks better than the concept stuff they are giving us.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Stormtrooper: Excellent. I absolutely can't wait to get this fixed-up version of the last release, which I missed out on.  ;D  ;D  8)  8)

Vader: Awful. Awful. Awful. The head is the closest to accurate, and it's not even that great. Disappointing.  >:(  >:(  :(  :P

Boba Fett:
Holiday: Probably next to Ceremonial Luke and Jawa w/LIN Droid as the figure I'm most excited to get this year. Beautiful!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Concept: I'm on the fence. I can't tell if it's awful or cool. I'll wait to see it in person.  ???  :-\

Chewie: Looks hideous as a Chewbacca figure, hate this concept  >:( ...but as for scenes involving crowds, it'll work nicely. The paint, the gear, clothing, articulation, look super. He's not the best figure ever but he's interesting, and I like it.  :)

And I really, really hope that the big H nails the concept 3PO and R2 because if not they'll have made a dreadful, dreadful mistake. But if they do nail it, it'll probably be one of the best star wars toys ever made.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2007, 04:23 AM »
See, now I'm happy with the concept stuff, aside from Vader (for the most part...  It's so-so, just not perfect like Chewbacca), but that giant Clone...  That's, meh to me.  Then again a LOT in that game sucked as far as I'm concerned.  It was all beefed up to entertain people instead of trying to capture the film and things.  I dunno, I just didn't like a lot of the goofy "large" character designs in the ROTS game.

Vader Concept is definitely missing some stuff though...  And the McTrooper could use a bit more...  But Chewie and Fett?  Those are pretty nice figures I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Stormtrooper: Will buy it, if I see it. Which is unlikely.

Boba: Not a big fan. Pass

Holiday Boba: BUY BUY BUY HOLIDAY SPECIAL FIGURES YAAAA

Chewie: Looks pretty neat, buy.

Vader: Kinda cool, might get.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2007, 09:57 PM »
Wow, I found McStormy 2day. I love it!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2007, 10:30 PM »
i still havent opened my stormy. i guess im just waiting for the album. or just to scared for some unknown reason. not like im gonna sell it and make a fortune  :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Wow, I found McStormy 2day. I love it!

Oh yeah, of course I havnt opened mine. Very rare, looks nicer in box!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2007, 11:33 PM »
I'll have to admit that I'm toying with the idea of keeping a MOMC set of the McQuarrie figures. The card artwork is just phenomenal and the figures all seem well done (Vader excepting of course).   I do hope Vader gets some tweaks before release day :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2007, 02:37 AM »
I do hope Vader gets some tweaks before release day :-\

Agreed.  I'm sure everyone knows I'm a Vader freak, so naturally I want to defend the figure.  But the helmet is the only interesting part so far.  Hopefully they've got more changes in mind before he is released.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2007, 09:35 AM »
I've been toying with the idea of making the 2nd wave concept Boba the squad leader for my McQuarrie Trooper squad. I just can't help be feel like I have to give this guy someting to do.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."