Author Topic: "Comics Packs You'd Like to See" Thread  (Read 37818 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: "Comics Packs You'd Like to See" Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 04:06 PM »
i would like to see  super articulated Dash Rendar & Guri in a comic pack!

If I'm not mistaken Guri is rumored already though not with Dash.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 04:54 PM »
oh! i did not know that , that is really cool, did you hear if she will be super articulated?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 06:10 PM »
did you hear if she will be super articulated?

In a comic pack? I doubt it. :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 06:43 PM »
thats too bad because she really needs it

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2008, 06:41 PM »
I'd actually love to get a Aubrie Wyn and Nimbus Commando in a comic pack. Although I never followed the comic series, I really liked the two that came out in previous comic 2 packs and really enjoyed these two character...some how doubt either will be made however.

P.s 1000 post! WOOT! 8)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2008, 11:11 AM »
In a comic pack? I doubt it. :P

I think few figures outside of the vintage line are "Super" articulated, but the comic pack figures have been pretty good lof late.  I was very happy with Quinlan Vos & A'Sharad Hett.  While not always the case, I think they tend to do a better job if the figure is brand new.  I also expect to see better quality now that the price of the line has gone up.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2008, 03:03 AM »
Really?  I think Hasbro's upped super articulation around the line in general quite substantially.  Believe me though, I'm the last guy who wouldn't bitch on articulation in the line too, especially at the price of figures today, but in general Hasbro's done pretty well...

Just off the top of my head:

-Juno Eclipse
-Rahm Kota
-Obi-Wan's (ROTS)
-both FU "Troopers"
-almost any army builder in general (Death Star Trooper, Rebel Honor Guard)

That's of course not counting ball/socket torso joints...  I think VOTC Han is the "bar" on super articulation, ball/socket torsoes are a bonus when they happen, usually because they can be hidden due to the character design.  Anything above/beyond that (VOTC Chewie, V30AC IG-88, etc.) is just gravy then...

But even then, there's TONS of figures in the line just a hair shy of the SA standard then...  both Cantina aliens from last year come to mind and they're pretty obscure guys.

Not to derail the thread, I just was thinking the line's improved in articulation tremendously...  It's probably the single improvement that has made me still love the hobby and collecting as much as I do.  Updates to old figures through articulation, new obscure figures with super articulation...  It's great!

On the comic packs...

Don't be so sure.  Hasbro, in the Q&A's I believe, said the price hike was due to what they hoped would be more articulation on comic-pack figures.  I'm content with some of the ones you guys mentioned like Vos, or Mara Jade, but others fell short (Luke w/Mara sucked a tad, and I felt the "Dark Woman" was below par).  If Hasbro's holding true to their word on that price hike going back into figure articulation counts, I'm all for it...  The comic packs are nice, the price was nice, but I'd shell out $1 or so more to get TWO great figures instead of one pretty great one and one so-so figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2008, 08:00 AM »
I'm not saying I'm unhappy with articulation in the basic line - I definitely think they've upped their standards in the last year.  Just not sure how many of them would qualify as SUPER articulated as the previous posters were commenting.  I am hoping we see the newer comic pack figs on par with basic fig mobility. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Connyr-Cimter

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2008, 12:24 PM »
More of the Marvel Star Wars comic packs - Jaxxon, Amaiza, Kiro, Bey, Cody Sunchilde, Valance, just to name a few (would like these with SA and no funky colors).

SOTE - Any from here but Dash, Guri, Leebo spring to mind straight off, obviously they could pack or repack the main characters.

THRAWN Trilogy - Captain Pealleon (not sure if thats spelt right), Noghri Bodyguard, C'Boath, just to name a few.

TFU - Shaak Tii and Proxy, any others from the graphic novel that look cool.

DARK EMPIRE - Clone Emperor and Luke Skywalker, and any others they would like to make.