Author Topic: What 90's Rock star are you?  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
Re: What 90's Rock star are you?
« Reply #15 on: July 3, 2005, 12:37 AM »
You are BILLY CORGAN! You are BILLY CORGAN from the very successful 90's rock band, SMASHING PUMPKINS. You tried very hard to do stuff different, and indeed you did. Why you even started your new band after SP broke up, ZWAN. You're hard rock angst appealed to the youth and made you famous even if you're a bit nasally on the vocals. INFLUENCED BY: New Order, Journey, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles HAS INFLUENCED: Most 90's bands. RECOMENDED WORKS: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness [1995] Siamese Dream [1993] (Zwan) Mary Star of the Sea [2003]
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #16 on: July 3, 2005, 05:49 AM »
You are KURT COBAIN! You became an ultimate hit from the second your band, NIRVANA, hit the radio waves with the smash hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit". However, your fame was short lived after you became very depressed and very much addicted to heroin! Sadly, you killed yourself. Nevertheless, you remain an icon in music history. Some say you invented alternative rock/90's grunge... but you didn't really. So don't kid yourself. INFLUENCED BY: Joy Division, Jimmy Hendrix, The Clash, Sonic Youth HAS INFLUENCED: Most every 90's band, whether they like it or not. RECOMENDED WORKS: Nevermind [1991] In Utero [1993]

Crap he shot his head off ...... ???
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #17 on: July 4, 2005, 09:43 PM »
I was Billy Corgan also...
Well, he is bald and I'm gonna be, so... hmm.....
 :-\
It's better than being Britney Spears... :)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 5, 2005, 11:54 AM »
WOO HOO- I'm COURTNEY LOVE!
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2006, 10:52 PM »
You are MARILYN MANSON!

Oh, you devil, you. You're MARILYN MANSON from the band... MARILYN MANSON. You're a parent's worse nightmare, open about drugs, EXTREMELY controversial, and the antichrist superstar. Your loud concerts, scary clothing, and obscene lyrics have given you fame. Good for you.

INFLUENCED BY:
Nine Inch Nails, Joy Division, Ozzy Osbourne, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie

HAS INFLUENCED:
All those scary goth bands.

RECOMENDED WORKS:
Mechanical Animals [1998]
Antichrist Superstar [1995]

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 10:50 AM »
You are KURT COBAIN! You became an ultimate hit from the second your band, NIRVANA, hit the radio waves with the smash hit "Smells Like Teen Spirit". However, your fame was short lived after you became very depressed and very much addicted to heroin! Sadly, you killed yourself. Nevertheless, you remain an icon in music history. Some say you invented alternative rock/90's grunge... but you didn't really. So don't kid yourself. INFLUENCED BY: Joy Division, Jimmy Hendrix, The Clash, Sonic Youth HAS INFLUENCED: Most every 90's band, whether they like it or not. RECOMENDED WORKS: Nevermind [1991] In Utero [1993]

Makes sense.  :)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 2, 2006, 06:23 PM »
You are BONO! You're BONO from the extremely popular band U2! Everyone knows your band, and most people love it. You've been around for a long time, and you're still around today. Good job! You've switched over to pop music in the last few years, and it has definitly given you a lot of attention! Smile, you Irish bastard, cause it's a beautiful day!

INFLUENCED BY:Beatles, The Who, David Bowie, most 70's bands.

HAS INFLUENCED:Most pop bands everywhere.

RECOMENDED WORKS:All That You Can't Leave Behind [2000]The Joshua Tree [1990]
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 10:27 PM »
I was hoping for Eddie Vedder, but apparantly I'm Marilyn Manson. I was kinda hoping for Trent Reznor. :P

Oh well, I'ts better than Dave Matthews I guess. :-\

( NO disrespect to any of the 5 Dave Matthews fans that are still out there. ;))
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 10:29 PM by Darth_Ennis »