Author Topic: Target Exclusive Rogue Two Snowspeeder  (Read 70532 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Snowspeeder w/ Zev - Target Exclusive
« Reply #60 on: July 4, 2006, 10:00 PM »
i think it's pretty cool. i definetley like the pilot, it's always good to have more of those, and the ship is the same old ship but still cool. i wouldn't mind having a couple of these!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 4, 2006, 10:41 PM »
I'll snag 2 and give the extra Snowspeeder to my nephew.

The pilot is nice, I'd like more articulation in the regular line release of a snowspeeder pilot, but this is a good start.  Except the boots...the boots are hideous.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 5, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I don't know why scale has never been a big deal to me. I guess close enough is good enough. Sure, the old X-Wing and Tie fighter molds were pathetic, but the updated verisons of each, while slightly uderscaled, rock! The Snowspeeder has always been cool with me, but I'd love a closer to scale At-At, though I know I'd be insane.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 5, 2006, 10:07 PM »
I agree about the AT-AT Anthony. As a kid I remember playing with the snowspeeder and AT-AT a lot, especially flying around and under the AT-AT like in the ESB comic novelization I had.

I'm undecided about this one. I like the air brakes, but wish I had a snowspeeder with a vintage style harpoon/cable. I have the vintage ship (minus the tow cable) and the Walmart exclusive, so another snowspeeder will need to be different enough to justify the space. Those air brake flaps are really interesting, but I'll wait to see it in person to decide.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2006, 10:08 PM by Deanpaul »
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 6, 2006, 06:04 PM »
I'm getting this for the figure just as much as for the Snowspeeder.   I'd love to see an AT-AT closer to the correct scale, but if the current one is going to run $80 for a repaint (no retooling and removed the electronics) then how much would a larger, all new sculpt AT-AT cost???   The size of the Snowspeeder never bother me either... how far (percent wise) is it off?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: July 6, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Well, %-wise I'm not always good at putting a # on it...  The FX X-Wing is about 85% of what it should be though for instance...  The Snowspeeder I'd say is maybe 50% too big?  Slightly less than that maybe?  The EU Airspeeder though is closer to the proper scale of a Snowspeeder actually.  Airspeeders in the films seem to generally be smaller and more physically proportioned to their use.  For instance a sporty little speeder like Anakin's one he narfed on Coruscant is tiny, same with Bail's, but a Republic Gunship is obviously bigger for its bigger purposes...  The Snowspeeder is small for its two crewmen.  The airspeeder the Jedi used in E3 seemed like simply a small wing with a cockpit, the Cloud Car, etc., etc...  Even the T-16 which had semi-large wings was still a small craft by what we could see of it.

The Snow(Air)speeders on Hoth though are tiny...  It's one of the few vehicles to have full size props built of it for filming, and it's really a dinky little thing overall...  The Kenner toy is bigger than the A-Wing though, a starfighter with all the trimmings.  :o
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 6, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Looks great, I'll definately be getting one. I don't even know where my original POTF2 one is anyway.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2006, 04:58 AM »

Best photo on the net of this guy is right here at this point...

Other than the arms, he looks like a great figure to me.  One that, if the arms were poseable, I'd be wanting head swaps and basic repackaging of.  As a pack-in though, that's not too bad really given what we've seen for pack-ins over the years.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2006, 08:19 AM »
Great head sculpt (awesome pic too)!

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2006, 11:26 PM »
nice but im gonna pass
Momar and Fester

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2006, 12:02 PM »
After seeing all of the upcomming items, this is one of the few items I'm really looking forward to in the comming months.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2006, 04:00 PM »
After seeing all of the upcomming items, this is one of the few items I'm really looking forward to in the comming months.

Ditto!

- it's an OT Ship
- the ship has actually been improved
- it's got a new pack-in figure
- the pack in doesn't totally suck (re: Red Leader)

I'll take stuff like this and the new Dagobah X-wing over more "Rainbow Brite" Jedi Starfighters anyday.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I agree, this Snowspeeder and the Dagobah X-Wing are two of the items I'm looking forward to the most this year.  I hope they won't be too tough to get a hold of.  The Snowspeeder has always been one of my favorite vehicles (one of the few I had as a kid), and for some reason I've never gotten a modern version.  This one looks pretty good, so it turns out fine that I waited.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2006, 04:07 PM »
You have to give Hasbro props with these OT ship rehashes (well, maybe not the AT-AT).   ;)

I think they realized that we weren't going to buy these ships anymore (again) unless they did something REALLY cool with them.

I'm very impressed with the X-Wing - so much so that I plan on picking one up.

The snowspeeder - I go back and forth on - I like the new flaps and the figure (to me) is just okay.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2006, 10:24 PM »
Anyone wanting to just sell off the figure, let me know.  I'll pay a decent amount for it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.