Author Topic: SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics  (Read 14436 times)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: SW Legacy from Dark Horse Comics
« Reply #30 on: October 1, 2006, 12:49 AM »
You are right, I hit the comic shop for the first time in a long time today.  2.99 for less? Hey what's with that?

And look at the TPBs, you pay a full $1 more just for the convenience of buying it all at once.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 1, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I don't think they care if we like him or not...personally I like seeing some villanous characters who don't wield red lightsabers and use cheesy evil-doer dialogue, but that's just me.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #32 on: October 2, 2006, 11:54 AM »
well if you think about it, it tells alot about how this generation has been perceived and well as a member of it i can say : "is".

especially the ppl behind me my sisters era, their a bunch of Cade's, my guys are bit more Solo/Fett, but the kids right now, christ.....i really fear the day their in charge of things.

essentially cade is like having robert downey Jr. play Iron Man..wait a second they are..lol

or the big lebowski turned into a starwars...lol that'd be kool....

i love it either way,. just wish they could  fatten up the issues...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 2, 2006, 06:11 PM »
well if you think about it, it tells alot about how this generation has been perceived and well as a member of it i can say : "is".

especially the ppl behind me my sisters era, their a bunch of Cade's, my guys are bit more Solo/Fett, but the kids right now, christ.....i really fear the day their in charge of things.

essentially cade is like having robert downey Jr. play Iron Man..wait a second they are..lol

or the big lebowski turned into a starwars...lol that'd be kool....

i love it either way,. just wish they could  fatten up the issues...

?

I hardly think Star Wars: Legacy is meant to be a social commentary on how deranged the world is. Comic books can be deep sometimes, but all in all, they're comic books, not 19th century novels.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 3, 2006, 09:26 AM »
"looks down in shame" 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2006, 10:00 PM »
Just picked up #4 today.  I really like the story, but I'm getting impatient with the lack of continuity between the issues.  There have been 4 main issues now (not counting #0) and I think that there are at least 5-6 open ended story lines going on.  I guess I'm just too impatient right now, but I hope that they start tying in some of these stories sooner rather than later...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 10:46 PM »
#4 is meant to be a stand alone comic....It was originally going to be released as #7, but got bumped up due to some delay in Dark Horse...notice the different artist and style.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 01:49 PM »
Thanks.  I did notice the difference, but didn't make the connection that it might be a filler issue.  That makes more sense now.  I still wish the issues came more frequently though.  I guess that I'm going to have to fill my time between 'Legacy' issues by starting to read 'Dark Times' when it comes out.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 1, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Just picked up Legacy #5 this morning.  Very good issue!  Picks up at the end of #3.  I don't want to spoil the issue for anyone, so I'll just tease it a little.  Darth Talon has tracked down the Mynock...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 9, 2006, 03:14 PM »
In case anyone missed the first issue, when I went to go get 'Dark Times #1' today, they had copies of the second printing of Legacy #1 there as well.  Just thought some people might want to know.

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2006, 02:01 PM »
i love this story, i like these designs, but its really starting to feel like there grasping at straws with each issue. their clone wars stuff was better than the prequels, but this legacy stuff is just really circling the drain for me. i don't know if its the possibilty that Krayt is a loser and Cade is a scumbag, but its really been taken down a few pegs for me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2007, 11:15 AM »
I picked up Legacy #7 yesterday, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this series.  I haven't been able to grasp on to a lot of Star Wars EU in the past - particularly stuff that didn't involve characters I knew from the movies - but this series has been different so far.  A lot of stuff in the past didn't seem "Star Wars" to me, but this series - so far - does.  The first arc is wrapped up, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this is headed next.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2007, 08:21 AM »
Damn, now I really feel bad that I didn't get out on Wednesday.  I tried to pick one up yesterday and they were already sold out.  Hopefully they'll get another shipment in early next week.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Got it, read it, love it!  Can't wait for the next one.

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16 AM »
The Legacy comic is my favorite, I just love how Cade turned out after seeing his father, friends and mentor being struck down, He didn't become an avenger or some fanatic "save the world" do good'er after the trauma,
Instead he became a thug, a bountyhunter struggling with the memories from the past. Thats realistic to me.

And you probably hate me for this ;),
But how did Luke react on seeing his foster parents killed,
did he have any nightmares over their burnt corpses?,
I don't remember that he had, or that it left any scars.
he took it rather well...
...and that's not real to me.

p.s I got some Legacy customs up in the customs section d.s
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:18 AM by Milan »