Author Topic: Think we'll get any VOTC/VSTC that never had a vintage figure made?  (Read 16762 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Just wondering... Hasbro has kind of hinted that they might make some of these styled figures for the prequels someday, but what about characters in the modern VOTC/VSTC line but never had a vintage counterpart?

I know there's some out there that are potential ones.  Like a Rebel Fleet Trooper for starters.

Thoughts?

:)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I think we should but only if they appear on POTF cards.  That seemed to be the direction the line was going with unmade figs like Luke Stormtrooper, DS Gunner.  There are so many great choices but these always stood out as the main figs that were missed.

Han Solo Stormtrooper
Grand Moff Tarkin
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Sandtrooper
Darth Vader Removable Helmet
Princess Leia Prisoner

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I'd want this, because then why shouldn't every figure be this way and cost $10-12?  I also hate the idea of prequel versions.  Sorry- bitter old purist (BOP) comin' out!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
I'm a traditionalist/purist in this idea as well. Stick to the only figures that had actual vintage era counterparts.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
I have never bought into the whole VOTC thing.  From the original wave I only have a few b/c I got them at Amazon al 5 something each.  From the new wave I have Endor Han b/c it was a gift.  Fancy packaging is not for me.  And why should I pay $13 today for a figure with the articulation of one that was 4.79 last year?
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I'm a traditionalist/purist in this idea as well. Stick to the only figures that had actual vintage era counterparts.  ;)

I am also a traditionalist, so I would rather they stick to what was really part of the vintage line. However, I am a realist too. If they made prequel style figures like this I would buy them.
The bearded side of the merchandise force has a terrible hold over me. Its worse than a drug addiction. I buy every different (not repacks) 3.75 figure Hasbro makes and get the shakes if i do not buying something new every few days. Saying I would not buy prequel VOTC because of my "traditional ethic" would be the biggest a crock of ****.
I would bet even most of the hardcore "purist" would cave if they were that cool.

I would love to see them re-release a real POTF figure like Luke Stormtrooper or Han carbonite, actually the good old Yakface would be sweet. He would just warm pegs though.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile

This is where I'm at, but, I think Hasbro will go down the path of experimentation. I look at the Lucas figure as the first step.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Hasbro says once they've done the main vintage figures they may consider PT VOTC style figures so why not more OT figures?
Grand Moff Tarkin
Shot R2-D2
Smuggler Lando Calrissian
Slave Leia Organa
DS II Luke Skywalker
Ewok Warrior
End ESB scene Luke Skywalker
End ESB scene Leia Organa

That's all I can think of besides minor characters Kenner's line covered up about all the main stuff.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
I would only dig it if they were on regular cards and priced at going basic figure price. I hope Hasbro doesn't offer non-vintage figure in the VOTC/VTSC manner, it just isn't right. But I would welcome awesome articulate (ball-joints on shoulders, elbows, and knees at least) of resculpt figures from E1-E3 and others that were never part of the vintage line that are released in the basic figure line.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Think we'll get any VOTC/VSTC that never had a vintage figure made?

God, I hope not.

As others have said, not only would it go against the entire point of the retro-vintage line to begin with, but it would also free up Hasbro to put all their best work into the $10+ figures, which would make it a little easier for them to skimp on their basic line stuff.

"George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise" is retarded enough as it is; please, let's not piss on the memory of the vintage line any more than we already have.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Well, maybe introduce maybe a "POTC" line- Premium Original Trilogy Collection to include OT figs that didn't have a vintage release, but are in desperate need of an ultimate version of the character.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Think we'll get any VOTC/VSTC that never had a vintage figure made?

God, I hope not.

As others have said, not only would it go against the entire point of the retro-vintage line to begin with, but it would also free up Hasbro to put all their best work into the $10+ figures, which would make it a little easier for them to skimp on their basic line stuff.

"George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise" is retarded enough as it is; please, let's not piss on the memory of the vintage line any more than we already have.

Agree with that, enough said ;D.

Well, maybe introduce maybe a "POTC" line- Premium Original Trilogy Collection to include OT figs that didn't have a vintage release, but are in desperate need of an ultimate version of the character.

Don't give them any ideas, unless you like paying $10+ for figures that should have been the in basic line :P.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Good posts guys.  I wouldn't consider it "pissing on" the vintage line if they did it, and if you don't like stuff they make like the Lucas figure, well nobody is forcing you to send in the POP's to get that figure anyway.  I agree though that I don't like that figure one bit.

Anyways, I really don't want to see the direction of the line go with more $10 figures either, but I could see it happening.  Pretty much all of us buy them now, so I doubt we'd suddenly halt our buying habits if they offered a VSTC Rebel Fleet Trooper or Slave Leia.  

My hope actually is that we get some more Evolution sets instead, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like they are going in that direction.

And we can't give Hasbro too many ideas; they already have made major blunders with lines like the Choppers.

:)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I'm of the same mind where I'd just as soon see the line stick to figures that actually had counterparts in the vintage line.  Not that I don't want to see (and would buy) some prequel or additional OT figures done to the same standards of the VOTC/VTSC.  I'd really enjoy to see all of the figures get the type of attention that the majority of the VOTC/VTSC figures have, but I don't necessarily want to see them on some sort of reproduced "vintage style" cardbacks - passing them off as vintage.  Something like this probably will eventually happen though, and if/when it does, I really see how we're going to start gravitating towards all figures being closer to the $10 pricepoint.  That's something none of us want to see.

I don't think any of us is against seeing nicely sculpted, super articulated versions of prequel characters - as well as additional OT characters (Stormtrooper Han, Tarkin, Rebel Trooper, etc.) that weren't necessarily in the original vintage line - its more the fact of passing them off as "vintage" with these cardbacks and then charging $10 for them.  It would be nice if we could just get that type of quality of figures in the basic line, but it seems like we're getting further away from that anymore.  I'm wondering if the $10 pricepoint could be in our future more often.  Its hard to say, we buy the figures - but it does seem - especially with this latest wave of VTSC figures (and some exclusives) - that the $10 stuff is starting to sit a little, at least around here.  Maybe things are just shipped heavier, maybe the $10-$12 price is too high for anyone but a collector, but it will be interesting to see what this leads to down the road.  With basic figure prices near $7 this year, I don't know that $10 figures are that far off unfortunately.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
No thanks.