Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194117 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2003, 10:58 PM »
Hey guys. I know you know a lot about these things, and all I want to know is when the second series of Nascar figures is out. I need the Dale Jarrett figure for my father's Chirstmas present, and the only figure I've so far found has been the little Tony Stewart toad.

Any help would be appreciated.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2003, 10:24 AM »
Ok, I know absolutely JACK about Sportspicks, except that I'm a Colts fan, and like these figures.

How many variations are there on James, Manning and Harrison? They are the only current Colts Sportspicks, right? Im not counting the Marshall Faulk figure, since he isnt with the Colts anymore. They have home and away jerseys, but dont they also have like dirty and clean jerseys?

What would be the cheapest set of three? I want one each, but I want all of them to match (ie all away jerseys, all dirty, etc). If anyone could help me get them, I'd be in your debt! Packaged or loose, doesnt matter. You can email me at aclowe@tds.net if you think you might be able to help me.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2003, 10:05 PM »
HMI (new pic) I'll see what I can find out.  I don't recall announcements on series 2 of NASCAR yet.  

Adam, I have a Manning you can have cheap, cheap, cheap.  It's the white version.  

Manning was series 4, white was the regular, blue was the chase but not that hard to find.  I don't think there were clean and dirty in series 4.  

James was also blue and white (obviously) but I don't recall which was the chase.  These indeed had clean and dirty versions, so 4 figures technically.  

Harrison is drawing a blank for me.  Will also check.  

pricing averages can be found here
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2003, 12:36 PM »
HMI,
I'm sorry, I cannot find anything on series II of NASCAR.  this is about all I can find

No Jarrett figure for Christmas. :(

Series one includes only the following:
DALE EARNHARDT JR.
DALE EARNHARDT SR.
JEFF GORDON
RUSTY WALLACE
RYAN NEWMAN
TONY STEWART

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #154 on: December 1, 2003, 03:37 PM »
Saw NFL 7 at Target last night...neat figures no Vikes (although nobody really needs to be made)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 1, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Keep your eye out for hockey if it's not there yet.  

Teemu Selanne in Winnipeg Jets packaging and uniform.  

Patrick Roy in maroon uniform, either with logo or third jersey (or an all star jersey ::) >:().  

McFarlane's are good trade bait.  

I have lots to trade and still need the three listed above (two Roy and one Selanne).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 1, 2003, 07:28 PM »
NHL6 only recently hit around here.  Got my regulars of Roy and Anson Carter.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for the Selanne for you Brent.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 1, 2003, 08:24 PM »
Sweet, thanks Nick.  I still have a few things left to trade, but man, goalies have been tough in this series.  Worst case scenario I can send you a Jets Selanne on an Avs card.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 2, 2003, 05:40 AM »
No sweat.  Although I've missed the initial shipments and haven't seen a single variant at retail for NHL6 or NFL7 yet.

However, my misery at retail is counterbalanced with the announcement of the Messier/Brodeur 2-pack.  WOW!  Nice to see Marty finally get re-done as he deserves, in the Devils red sweater.  That, and getting Messier in his white Rangers sweater is cool, too.  But there still aren't enough Devils in Sports Picks for me.  There's more guys on the team than just Marty Brodeur and Scott Stevens.  What about Elias or John Madden?
« Last Edit: December 2, 2003, 05:41 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 4, 2004, 11:07 PM »
WEll, better a late response than none at all.  Yep, lots of talent on the Devils, but I think the problem is they tend to play boring hockey, relatively speaking.  Not bad hockey (obviously) and not dramatically different from piles of other teams but not lots of goals.  I'm pumped too about the Brodeur.  Very, very sweet.  

In other news, NHL7 has reportedly hit Canada on the West Coast (which is unusual).  The reported retro figures are Forsberg in white Nordiques jersey and Chelios in red Hawks jersey.  No mention of whether there are regular alternate jersey chase pieces for these.  I doubt it and suspect they will be like the chase for Selanne.  

The hunt begins anew....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #160 on: January 4, 2004, 11:11 PM »
Is Gaborik in 7???  And did you get a Jets Selanne???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 5, 2004, 12:48 AM »
Yup, Gaborik is in 7.  You get the first white and variant I find.  Jeff gets the second, though he hasn't clarified if he wants both the reg and the variant.

Yes, I got my Jets Selanne.  Actually, I got several.  I have three on Avs cards and one on the proper Jets card that flounder from GH sent me.  I would happily take another on a Jets card, since that is the only one that will ever be made but at least I have one now.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #162 on: January 5, 2004, 12:49 AM »
Cool :-*

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 5, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Yup, Gaborik is in 7.  You get the first white and variant I find.  Jeff gets the second, though he hasn't clarified if he wants both the reg and the variant.

Yes, I got my Jets Selanne.  Actually, I got several.  I have three on Avs cards and one on the proper Jets card that flounder from GH sent me.  I would happily take another on a Jets card, since that is the only one that will ever be made but at least I have one now.  

Brent, can you hook a brother up with a Jets Selanne?

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 5, 2004, 07:39 PM »
Sure, we can do that as a trade.  But you know it's trilogo on an Avs card :-\  Not my fault, I swear.  McFarlane has no love for Canucks ;)

Asking me to part with a Selanne, the nerve :-*