Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194796 times)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #585 on: June 23, 2005, 12:26 AM »
Thanks Brent!   ;D  No sweat if you don't see a Nieuwy chase.  I can get one eventually.

Yeah, brew is a great guy.  That's pretty cool to find a Khabby chase on your desk for no reason. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 23, 2005, 07:26 AM »
I was at my local TRU here in MN and low and behold in the McFarlane section I finally find the World Series 2 pack. Of the 2 there there was one where the arm of Albert Pujols rubbed against the window and the paint hard worn away from the figure and was on the window. I left that one for someone else, and grabbed the other one. The only issue I had was thatthe way the torqed Alberts arm made it loose when I opened the toy for displaying.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 24, 2005, 12:35 PM »
Anyone pick up the Chase NHL set yesterday?  It looked like a good buy, but I don't collect hockey. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 24, 2005, 01:36 PM »
It's a great deal except for the crappy NHL8 set that comes with it :P  I think you could unload Linden and Belfour, but nobody wants Lalime (whom I still think is a decent goalie and got the shaft from Ottawa - you don't score, eventually the other team will) or Thibault, I can't remember which it is ::)  The Robitaille Kings is a dead issue. 

Sure would be sweet to get the Bruins Bourque and it's really a no loss proposition, especially in the US.  I did check it out, but shipping for one set to Canada was $30 and two sets was $36, pretty much eating up any benefit of the sets since you'd sell those off at a loss, if at all.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 1, 2005, 10:06 PM »
More B's Bourques popping up in the warehouse finds.  That'll lower the value more.  You had to know those were somewhere.  Wish I had the cash to get another set and a chance at a B's Bourque.  I scored one the first time around but ended up having to sell it due to financial issues.  Got $400 for it because it had no face shield on the fig and you know those error guys love pieces like that. 

New MLB 12 images popping up on the Sports board thanks to ebay (of course.)  Chases of Ortiz (grey), Beltran (white) and a retro O's Mussina!   :o
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 10:09 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 1, 2005, 11:20 PM »
B's Bourque would be nice, but I opted out.

For Mikey

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 2, 2005, 11:01 AM »
Before I got into the line, er, knew better, I actually found a Bruins Bourque and gave it to a friend at cost.  Ducks Kariya, too.  I still kick myself over those.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 2, 2005, 12:28 PM »
Before I got into the line, er, knew better, I actually found a Bruins Bourque and gave it to a friend at cost.  Ducks Kariya, too.  I still kick myself over those.

I was in the same boat.  I owned an NHLPA CuJo already.  Saw the repaint and thought "Nah, I don't like the Leafs enough to get a blue one" :'(  I know I saw both Roy and CuJo repaints several times.  I also saw the Avs Bourque and might have seen the Amonte repaint, though I'm probably just doing the wishful imagining thing and only saw the NHLPA version.  Saw no helmets as well.  Tragic stuff it was.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 2, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Gagne chase is up on ebay now too.

I remember when the NFL 1 hit I found every chase but the blue Edge and also found a no helmet Eddie George.  Scored 4 red Yzermans and an Avs Bourque when NHL 1 hit and a certain someone who will remain nameless (coughJJKScough) passed up a B's Bourque at a KB one day.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 5, 2005, 07:54 AM »

For Mikey

Sweet.  So who's a member of this club and can grab me one?  I'll be your bestest friend.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 5, 2005, 10:34 AM »

For Mikey

Sweet.  So who's a member of this club and can grab me one?  I'll be your bestest friend.

Pretty much everyone.  I think all you have to do is go signup online.  No fees or anything like that.  Just be around when they go up for sale, get really frustrated by the experience of online ordering from another site that can't handle the traffic, then wait for them to arrive. 

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 5, 2005, 05:15 PM »
CC is free.

Braves Glavine retro chase has been confirmed.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 6, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Hey Brent - The only NHL 11 I want is the regular Kiprusoff and a chase Nieuwendyk (blue Leafs uni.)  LMK if you spot one and I'm an opener so the only thing I care about is the paint job.

Heh, feeling like crap lately (wife and I have had a stomach flu for over a week now) so I was dragging my butt getting out of bed.  Decided to go in to work late.  Also decided to check TRU to see if there was anything new in the SW section (there wasn't).  TRU opens at 9:30 so have to kill time prior to that.  Also right by TRU is a Walmart, Zellers and Superstore.  I usually hit those before TRU and there was crap at two of the three.  I walk into Superstore not expecting anything and was planning to buy some shampoo more than anything else. 

They'd already put out the NHL11 stuff a couple of weeks prior so I had no interest.  As I headed towards the toy aisle I noticed the end cap had a Khabibulin, something really weird here in Winnipeg ::) so I sort of veered back that way and took a look.  They must have put out four cases :o as there were a ton of regular Khabibulins out.  I flipped through hoping for a white Khabby, but nope, no luck at all.  But I did find three blue Nieuwendyk's ;D 

Since Brew already sent me my white Khabby, I really only was looking for the blue Nieuwy for Jason.  I'd have happily scooped up goalie variants but this is just fine by me.  A couple of local guys had been looking for Nieuwy as well, so we'll push that karma out a bit more and help those guys out as well. 

I need someone's addy ;)

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 6, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Dude, you rule!  Thank you.  I'll PM you my address and LMK the total.

Dodgers Beltre retro chase confirmed on Spawn.  3 retros in one wave!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 6, 2005, 02:20 PM »

Dodgers Beltre retro chase confirmed on Spawn.  3 retros in one wave!

So is wave 12 starting to hit in full force now or are these just early leaks?  I need two Ortiz's and I'm not going to find one around here (for obvious reasons)
Common sense isn't so common