Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 192881 times)

Jango Fettish

Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2003, 12:43 PM »
Looks like the Gannon/Brooks 2 pack was scrapped!?  >:(

In their place, a Eddy Mac vs Zach Thomas 2 pack..and Rich Gannon is in Series 7.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2003, 02:50 PM »
No, it wasn't scrapped.  They just haven't released any images of  it yet.  They announced that set months ago, and until we hear otherwise, Gannon and Brooks will be on the way probably around November or December.

The current box set that's out is Favre and Urlacher.  The next one, to be released next month, is McCaffrey and Thomas (who's based on Anthony Thomas, fyi).  

Gannon and Brooks will probably be released around the time that NFL7 is hitting stores.  After that, expect the announcement for the Super Bowl exclusives!  My money is that they'll offer an Oiler's Eddie George and a Texan's Aaron Glenn.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2003, 04:07 PM »
I just wish that McFarlane had made at least one set of Team USA.  I thought the Team Canada series was really cool, But, we came in second in the Olympics to Canada, and there were already several players from Team USA who were in the Sports Picks line.  Where's the love for US Hockey?

Wouldn't have been tough would it?  

Richter
Modano
Hull
???

Would have been nice to see those uniforms.  I'm still halfway expecting to see Salo released in Team Sweden jersey as a chase figure ;) ::)

Super Bowl exclusives.  Oh joy, more frustration ;)  I'm hoping they release an exclusive for the NHL all-star weekend, which I'm hoping to make it to.  Minneapolis is a pretty nice town, or so I hear :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2003, 04:09 PM »
Modano in Road Green North Stars Jersey...Oooh

Jango Fettish

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2003, 07:59 PM »
Gotcha, Nick. It looked a little screwy especially with no mention of the Brooks/Gannon 2 pack in the new update.

BTW, heres some 12" boxed pics.

BTW, is Emmitt Smith going to be in a Dallas Uniform, Phoenix, or both?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2003, 08:29 PM »
Emmitt, according to today's sports update at the Spawn boards, will be the ONLY player in the 12" line to have multiple uniforms.  He'll be available as a Cardinal and as a Cowboy.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 5, 2003, 12:49 PM »
Brent put me down for a Green MARIAN GABORIK :-*

Finally saw a hockey two pack with Shanahan and Blake.  Blake looks good, but already have too many Shanny figs so I'll pass.  

They show the presumed jerseys for NHL6 on the back and list Gaborik but not Selanne.  Selanne is in NHL6, or so everyone says and the pictures indicate.  Gaborik is in NHL7 and the regular is in the green jersey, so that should be the easy one.  

A couple of online retailers are expecting their shipments of NFL6 in about two weeks in Canada, so they should be out any day in the US, probably next week(?).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 5, 2003, 12:51 PM »
I checked with a local EBX, and they're expecting them in 2 weeks.  I've gotta check with TRU to see when they're expecting them.

I'm just kinda bummed that MLB 7 is coming out at exactly the same time as football.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 5, 2003, 01:17 PM »
I'm just kinda bummed that MLB 7 is coming out at exactly the same time as football.

Too much money at the same time?  I hear ya.  Hockey and football are going to kill me as I've gone to ordering cases.  Retail's been hell lately.  I found exactly one NHL5 variant in the stores.  Very sad.  

I'm just happy there's a slight delay between football and hockey.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 5, 2003, 01:26 PM »
Looks like the Gannon/Brooks 2 pack was scrapped!?  >:(

In their place, a Eddy Mac vs Zach Thomas 2 pack..and Rich Gannon is in Series 7.

Another note on this...

The Rich Gannon figure (regular version) that is coming out in NFL 6 will be in the Raiders black jersey.  Despite the fact that the image on the card will have Gannon in his white jersey, the black jersey is the standard version, and the white will be the variant.  HOWEVER, the version that comes in the 2-pack will come in Gannon's white jersey, to more closely represent Gannon from the Super Bowl, and Derrick Brooks will be in his red jersey.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2003, 11:29 PM »
MLB7 is out!  I got some cool pieces, namely both versions of Bernie Williams, the Marlins "Pudge", and the Angels Jim Edmons.

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2003, 08:18 AM »
So, anyone find NFL6 yet?  There's some wacky pieces in this series, like a Falcons Brett Favre, Chiefs Rich Gannon, Panthers Stephen Davis, and of course, Dallas Emmitt Smith.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2003, 11:19 PM »
Won't be out up here for another couple of weeks.  On top of that, one of our Walmarts actually decreased their order from 5 cases to 4 :o :'(  Ridiculous.  These things stay on the shelf less than a week and the only thing they ever cleared were Manning's.  Maybe it's a bizarre Canadian content rule or something but it's lunacy.  There just wasn't any doubt that these sell.  Fast.  Oh well.  

On a brighter note MLB6 sold well here.  Even the regs.  Might mean we'll see MLB7.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2003, 09:27 PM »
So Sports Picks fans, how are you faring with MLB7 and NFL6 so far?

Feedback

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2003, 09:57 PM »
No sign of NFL6 yet. I have seen all of MLB7 except for Prior. Oh, and no variants yet either.  >:(

I do have an Angels Edmonds thanks to Brent hooking me up with one.  :)