Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 194316 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #390 on: November 16, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Scored a Trent Green variant today.  I think the kid at the store was pissed that he didn't see it when it went out.  Oh well, I don't think he was a Chiefs fan anyway.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 16, 2004, 05:57 PM »
Scored a Trent Green variant today.  I think the kid at the store was pissed that he didn't see it when it went out.  Oh well, I don't think he was a Chiefs fan anyway.

You mean Trent Green chase.  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 20, 2004, 01:43 AM »
Uhhh, yeah!

I got the regular Vinatieri today.  But there's one question  that remains:  I haven't been very active on the Spawn boards lately, and I saw 4 white jersey Roy Williams today.  Is this the regular version, or the chase?  The source of the confusion is that the back of the package shows Williams in the Dallas blue jersey.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 20, 2004, 02:44 PM »
Uhhh, yeah!

I got the regular Vinatieri today.  But there's one question  that remains:  I haven't been very active on the Spawn boards lately, and I saw 4 white jersey Roy Williams today.  Is this the regular version, or the chase?  The source of the confusion is that the back of the package shows Williams in the Dallas blue jersey.

I already told this to Nicklab via PM, but I'll share it w/ those wondering:

Mark Weber stated just before the release of NFL 10 that TMP decided to do a jersey swap and make the doublestar Roy the chase and the white Williams the reg.  They said that since they made the switch so late that they weren't even sure it got through in time and wouldn't know until the figs hit retail.  Well they've hit and the white is everywhere so it looks like the switch went through.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 23, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Anyone able to score any 12" NFL for $10 yesterday?  They marked them down to $19.99 the other day, but everyone was scoring them for 10 bucks yesterday.  They were still marked at 20, but ringing up at 10.  Some stores around here actually got cleaned out!  My buddy was able to grab me a Manning and I told him I'd take a McNair off his hands for Jamie.  I know he grabbed a few of everyone to make customs out of.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 26, 2004, 09:14 PM »
NHL 9 has popped up on ebay!  THREE retros in this series so far: Rangers Leetch, Wings Fedorov and Blues Hull!!!   ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 26, 2004, 11:09 PM »
Damn, now I have to find a Rangers Leetch for the collection!! Not easy to do in the NJ area, let me tell you. I never saw Richter or Carter at retail, and I saw Messier once. Luckily I grabbed him when I saw him, and was able to get Anson Carter pretty easily online. But scoring a variant/chase Leetch ain't gonna be easy - or cheap  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 26, 2004, 11:54 PM »
Damn, now I have to find a Rangers Leetch for the collection!! Not easy to do in the NJ area, let me tell you. I never saw Richter or Carter at retail, and I saw Messier once. Luckily I grabbed him when I saw him, and was able to get Anson Carter pretty easily online. But scoring a variant/chase Leetch ain't gonna be easy - or cheap  :-\

Uh, no, not at all true Dave.  I owe you one and we get rather a lot of hockey.  First one I find is yours.

NFL10 hit here.  Picked up a regular Moss.  No chase to be found, but I  did find chase Plummer and Johnson from NFL8. 

Legends have sold really well here.  Getting my three white Gretzky from Amazon apparently.  Got all I need from that side.  Will likely be out of town when NHL9 hits, but I believe I am covered. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2004, 12:05 AM »
Saw the remnants of NFL 10 here too, found Culpepper at Wally World on Wednesday...not sure I need the new Moss though

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2004, 12:07 AM »
I unloaded my old Moss, so I did need the new one.  Funny thing is I thought the reg was white, so I about dropped a load when I found purple.  It is the reg, but still a hard find up here at times.  I believe I'll be unloading my early Culpeppers too.  Some completeist fool will need them. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2004, 12:08 AM »
I just sold my Series 2 Culpepper :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 27, 2004, 12:21 AM »
I should drive down for a flea market to sell my series one Vikings.  Might pay for the gas :P  Then I have to head up to Edmonton to unload my white Gretzky's.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 27, 2004, 12:28 AM »
I should drive down for a flea market to sell my series one Vikings.  Might pay for the gas :P  Then I have to head up to Edmonton to unload my white Gretzky's.

You would have to fight with the scalpers here to unload them!  ::)  :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 27, 2004, 12:29 AM »
Uh, no, not at all true Dave.  I owe you one and we get rather a lot of hockey.  First one I find is yours.

I'll gladly take one of those Gretzky's if you've got any extras :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2004, 12:50 AM »
I do, one is yours.  THey are from Amazon, so just need to wait until they arrive and then ensure they are white and not blue or black ::)

Dale, does that mean you don't want to sell my extra white Gretzky's for me :-\