Author Topic: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...  (Read 21167 times)

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:59 PM »
Edit by JediMAC: Split this topic off from Shannon's previous thread, and edited the title.

Unfortunately, the news none of us wanted to hear but knew was coming has arrived.  Shannon passed this weekend.

:'( She will be missed.

http://www.galactichunter.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=TOR&Number=165834&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:23 AM by JediMAC »
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts and all that sappy stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 01:37 PM »
My condolences go out to Shannon's family.

I wish them the best in this time of healing.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 01:57 PM »
That's heartbreaking news.  :'(

I'll pray for her.

Be at peace Shannon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Deepest condolences to Shannon's family, this is sad news.  God bless them in their lives and their healing ahead.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 02:51 PM »
Wow....this is one heck of a shocker.  I didn't think she would pass so soon.  I did not know Shannon outside of these boards and the occaisional chatroom discussion, but she was always fun to talk to and just had a unique view on life.

I will miss her.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:55 PM »
As many of us have already mentioned over at GH, this is terribly heartbreaking news, and perhaps a bit sooner than many of us were expecting.  Shannon was a sweetheart, and a good friend to many of us here at JD (not to mention her GH compadres).  Many of us shared some fun times with her at C3, and many entertaining discussions with her both before, and since.  It's been terrible hearing of her physical struggles and pain over the past year, but I take comfort in knowing that she's moved on from all of that, and is happy and healthy again, in a better place now.  We'll certainly miss her cheerful spirit here at JD, as will the greater collecting community as a whole.

As for Tracy, you are a wonderful friend for flying out and being with Shannon this past weekend, and (perhaps unexpectedly) at the time of her passing last night.  I know you brought her, and her family, great comfort in being there.  Thank you.

To our JD members, please stay tuned for some details soon on a collaborative effort we hope to be doing with the Galactic Hunter crew, for Shannon's family...

Rest in peace, Shannon.  Thanks for brightening up all of our lives in your time here with us...

- Matt

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:03 PM »
Shannon - May The Force Be With You

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 11:13 PM »
THis is really shocking and terrible news.  I'm very sorry for Shannon's family and for all who knew her.  The best thing about JD is the community here, and I'm sure her loved ones know how much she's missed.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:20 PM »
As I have only been on these boards for a few months, I did not know Shannon.  I can only offer my condolences to her family and friends and remind them not to concentrate on mourning her passing, but to celebrate her life, and remember all of the great times they had together.   The memories they have of her will be with them forever.  I lost my father to cancer about 6 weeks ago, and it's not an easy thing to see happen to a person. 
I'm so sorry.
 :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:23 PM by Darth Rayne »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33 PM »
I lost my father to cancer about 6 weeks ago, and it's not an easy thing to see happen to a person. 
I'm so sorry.
 :(

DR --  I am so sorry to hear about your father.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.  You are right --  it is not an easy thing to see happening.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 12:41 AM »
It rips me up to see someone so young taken from us so early.  :(  Not knowing Shannon aside from these boards, I don't have anything personal to say or stories to tell.  But I will say that from what I have read of her during this whole ordeal, she appeared to be a very strong person with a wonderful attitude and an unbreakable will.  Very admirable qualities, and she will truly be missed by many.

John

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 01:44 AM »
Damn, it's hard to see someone taken in the prime of her life like Shannon has been.  I had the pleasure of meeting her in person at C3 in Indianapolis and her fun spirit immediately made her stand out.  I'll certainly miss her.  The consolation is that she is in a much better place without pain.

The Force is with you Shannon.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 03:04 AM »
Like many of ther others around here I never had the pleasure of knowing Shannon in person. She always seemed like a very upbeat and positive person. I enjoyed reading her posts, and everything she contributed to the SW online community.

Shannon, you will be missed but never forgotten.

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is."

Rest in Peace Shannon, you are off to a better place.
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 03:07 AM »
I was pretty shocked to read that on the front page. My condolences to Shannon's family.

After hearing about her struggle, I hope there's a better place to go to.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Shannon (Princess) has become one with the Force...
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 06:14 AM »
Getting to meet Shannon has always been my most fond memory of Celebration III. Truly heartbreaking... My condolences to her family, especially to her little boy.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."